Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO #10261 Roller Coaster

124»

Comments

• drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 179
    I just finished assembling mine, and was disappointed when the 3 carriages I placed on the track stopped short of the chain drive. This happened consistently, until I tried the other three carriages, which ran round the circuit perfectly. I also tried the three carriages from the Joker Mansion #70922 , and they also ran all the way round the track. After a lot of experimentation, I worked out that one of the carriages had too much friction in the wheels or in the parts of the body touching the rails. Running just the two other carriages in that "train" worked fine as well (although needing a push when they reach the bumpers at the top). 
    I've rung Lego Customer Service, who as usual were very hlepful, and they are sending out the parts for a replacement carriage (2x#6135290 and 1x#6233695). I thought I'd flag this up in case anyone else had a problem.
    Lego CS asked for the packing code, which is on the clear tabs sealing the box - mine was 15S8
    mustang69thedingman5Lego_Starstluxkiki180703kbw
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Has anyone had any issues with the chain pulling the carts up?  All of the video reviews of this I have seen show people spinning the crank with relative ease but mine is pretty hard to turn (to the point where it feels like it's actually going to break something) and it feels like links start "skipping" way more than they should (if they ever should at all...).

I've double checked how many links there are (203) and have even tried adding/removing one or two but haven't had much success getting this to run smoother.

One thing I have noticed is the piece that's being held by a rubber band at the bottom of the lift seems lower than it should, or at least lower than I've seen it in some of the reviews.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 976
    ^Must be a build error somewhere. My two and a half year-old had no problem turning the crank on the store display.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,548
    ^^ The classic advice for any Technic mechanism is to make sure each component moves freely as it is built, with no snug bushings, and gears all lining up neatly with each other.
    madforLEGO
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 317
    ^^^ hence technical set... lol
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 914
    Vindic8ed said:
    Has anyone had any issues with the chain pulling the carts up?  All of the video reviews of this I have seen show people spinning the crank with relative ease but mine is pretty hard to turn (to the point where it feels like it's actually going to break something) and it feels like links start "skipping" way more than they should (if they ever should at all...).

I've double checked how many links there are (203) and have even tried adding/removing one or two but haven't had much success getting this to run smoother.

One thing I have noticed is the piece that's being held by a rubber band at the bottom of the lift seems lower than it should, or at least lower than I've seen it in some of the reviews.
    I saw an interview with the designer and he said that there are differences in each set. Some sets require 203 links, some more and some less. You should experiment with removing/adding more links and testing. 

I had similar issues, and I`m still not 100% satisfied with the solutions - I tested different linker lengths, loosening the technic parts. Sometimes the rail pieces come away and you need to keep pushing these parts back down again.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 241
    ^^^^^ Make sure all of the chain pieces are facing the same way
    BrainsluggedBrickByBrick