Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Unikitty Collectible Minifigure Series (The Bag Feelers Nightmare)

samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
I anticipate a lot of trading this series...

SumoLegoShibdavetheoxygenmanSeanTheCollectoromniumMr_CrossstluxOnebricktoomanyMegtheCatklatu003LittleLoriLego_StarFowlerBricks77ncaachamps

Comments

• Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    edited April 2018
    Maybe/hopefully it'll be translucent like the nexo shield packs/mixels. Managed to get all the wave 1 shield designs thanks to that. 
    Lego_Star
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 785
    A new neck piece?
    LEGO_Dad77
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    I quite like those bases.
    I wonder how many will be in each box and if it’ll be equal distribution or some rarer than others.

In all honesty I’m surprised they haven’t included a chase Golden Unikitty - 1 per box :-P
    LostInTranslationMr_CrossOnebricktoomany
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    If you find a full case, I suspect these will have bump codes on them like the other series. That will help to separate them out. Not sure I will be purchasing these anyway.
    caterham7
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Oh dear.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 690
    A wide berth...
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 741
    Regular blind bag CMFs are a PITA. This will be worse. I don't have enough time to build my existing backlog, so while I want these, I might pass unless there's a reasonable way to get a complete set.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 661
    I figure I'll just get a complete set from one of the resellers that cuts a small hole in the bag to confirm the set, and then packs them in another small plastic bag.  Most of the time you don't spend any more than you would on a complete set anyway, and you don't have to deal with learning the bump codes :P
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 952
    I think they're funny, but I only want a couple of those parts for moc experiments, the new ear piece and neck piece in a few colours, hopefully they'll turn up in other sets.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,968
    Fortunately, I'm not at all interested in these. Or am I? :-S
    Fizyxklatu00377ncaachamps
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,417
    Hopefully @MinifiguresPlus will be getting these. 
    Fizyx
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 269
    So, where does one buy full boxes of these from?
    (Asking for ... er ... a friend ... )
    Onebricktoomanyomniummithridate
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    So does this really count as a cmf series? I can't decide if I should be getting them or not...
    garethjedwards
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 199
    Pity they didn't put a football in like the indistinguishable German footballers, and hope they fixed the headlessness of Movie unikitty
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Aleydita said:
    A new neck piece?

Looks like it could be that piece used as a bottle nozzle on S17's dance instructor.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    No, it can't be one of them.
    darthdc said:
    Aleydita said:
    A new neck piece?

Looks like it could be that piece used as a bottle nozzle on S17's dance instructor.

• gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 265
    Very cute, but will pass.
    Can't be bothered with the hassle of getting one of each.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,501
    "Series 1". How many more variants will there be? 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,789
    darthdc said:
    No, it can't be one of them.
    darthdc said:
    Aleydita said:
    A new neck piece?

It is. The bottom part of the head has been changed from a regular 1x3 plate to a 1x3 inverted tile with a 3.2mm hole in the center.

Love the general cuteness of the series, the cloud bases, and those useful Bionicle ball joint recolors!
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    This series is giving me cognitive dissonance.  
    Shib
  • GentlyBenevolentGentlyBenevolent Member Posts: 327
    Silly question but when are these being released ????
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    Oh my....  It looks to me like if you took Hello Kitty... and did some genetic engineering using Japanese Kabaya Sweets....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kabaya+candy&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=oJjSsxdgInVGPM%3A%2CJ_LX-qnOY6Y7YM%2C_&usg=__bDPb9ohMqI0ZAV7ZZY-NQxQyeKY=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn_4iA987aAhVD7oMKHaiGCKIQ9QEINDAF#imgrc=_

... the end result would be LEGO UniKitty....

Bumblepants
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Is that a bright light green 1x1 plate?
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 701
    Istokg said:
    Oh my....  It looks to me like if you took Hello Kitty... and did some genetic engineering using Japanese Kabaya Sweets....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kabaya+candy&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=oJjSsxdgInVGPM%3A%2CJ_LX-qnOY6Y7YM%2C_&usg=__bDPb9ohMqI0ZAV7ZZY-NQxQyeKY=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn_4iA987aAhVD7oMKHaiGCKIQ9QEINDAF#imgrc=_

... the end result would be LEGO UniKitty....

I think the original inspiration was a little more Hello Kitty+My Little Pony, but either way it's wonderful.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 190
    CCC said:
    Hopefully they’ll get into other characters in future series.
    CCC said:
    Hopefully they’ll get into other characters in future series.
    I imagine any future series will also have many Unikitties too.  She is the selling point, like Batman.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,645
    I'm just looking past this and waiting for the Series 3 leftovers we are trying to get rid of still VIP Fan Favorites Special Release!
    SumoLegoIstokgpharmjod
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    CCC said:

I imagine any future series will also have many Unikitties too.  She is the selling point, like Batman.
    Ahh, that's why TLBM series 2 only had 2 batmen, one being very similar to a previous one?
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    This is such a weird series. I'll probably pass.
    Istokg
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,717
    This is such a weird series. I'll probably pass.
    I thought the same thing about Mixels.  But then, NINE series later... I bought them all.
    FowlerBricksFizyxmithridateBumblepantsdavetheoxygenmanMuftak1gmonkey76pharmjod
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    edited April 2018
    ^Haha! Well, my budget will only allow me to get one type of blind bag series, so I'll stick with CMFs. I already have the best version of Unikitty.  :D
    SumoLegoFizyxmithridate
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,423
    Good thing I've been perfecting my "feel for color" abilities. 

You'd be surprised how different red feels from green...
    FizyxtamamahmmithridateBumblepantsomniumBrickByBrickpharmjodtomahawkerM_Boss
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 661
    edited April 2018
    I'm kind of curious if LEGO considers this to be a CMF series or a 'Mixels style' series.  After seeing them, I personally do consider them to be a CMF.  They have base plates, the bag style is consistent, and while they are brick built, they are figures of characters that are themselves brick-built, and they're not brick-built in the way we think of for most brick-built creatures, as they depend so heavily on prints, like many minifigs do.

Alternatively though, they ARE breaking the current CMF set numbering scheme, with #41775 instead of something like #710XX.

EDIT: (Cue the 'UCS or not UCS' fight all over again :P )
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    edited April 2018
    I don't see them as CMFs because they are not "minifigures", as a minifigure has a specific meaning in my opinion. They don't have a single component of a minifigure as per the trademarked image (head, torso, legs) as far as I can see, so I think they are collectable brick-built figures :-) 
    FizyxtamamahmBumblepantsSumoLegoLegopantspharmjod
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,938
    We will be getting some here, although unless I find a good way between feeling and bumps to determine what is in each bag, I will not get all. If I can differentiate, I think I will get all of them.
    Fizyx said:
    I'm kind of curious if LEGO considers this to be a CMF series or a 'Mixels style' series. 
    I think they will see them as something new - a Unikitty series. They aren't Collectable Minifigures as there are no minifigures in them. They aren't Mixels style, as they are blind bagged. 
    LostInTranslation
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    Neither monster nor minifigure; an abomination. Minicreatures!

These blind bags are fun and all, but I think the unikingdom creative brick box is where it's at. Clouds, sandwiches and other random objects with custom printed faces? Yes plx! Which makes me think it would've been better if they went with a variety of different characters instead of multiple unikitties, imho. 
    pharmjodFizyx
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    4 of the 12 are a dog character. So only 2/3's are Unikitty.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,432
    Meh, meh and thrice meh.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 190
    4 of the 12 are a dog character. So only 2/3's are Unikitty.
    That would be Prince Puppycorn, Unikitty’s younger brother. How a feline and a canine can be siblings is beyond logic, but this is crazy fantasy Lego we’re talking about.
    theLEGOman
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,717
    edited April 2018
    Also there's no consistency!
    BumblepantsLyichir
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Obviously their parents are either a cat and a unidog or dog and a unicat.  The unicorn gene is obviously dominant, duh
    LostInTranslationMegtheCat
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 365
    Or one unicorn parent and one dog/cat hybrid parent...
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 772
    Or they're half-siblings... shared parent is a unicorn, others are a cat and a dog.
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 365
    That actually sounds the most biologically plausible.

Although its still completely impossible...
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I've already started my search for a full box of these. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take too long
    Shib
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    They probably aren't even due out for a couple of months.