Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Bonusball Bonanza - Speedman edition - UK draw 14/04/2018

Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,159
Speedman reporting for bonusball bonanza duty!

After a week of bargain finding, I'm down to just one more Star Wars Microfighter to complete my collection. I love the little chubby craft and there are so many MOCs out there of similar style cars and ships from other licenses. So what ships, cars, craft would you like to see make up a new series? Could be a range of chunky City vehicle, some squat Marvel ships or a range of plump little Batman sets. Doesn't have to be SW, but there are still more craft not covered in the five series so far. thinking caps on. If you've built something already then let us see them.

The prize will be a random polybag picked from my stash by Lily Miss Speedman. There will be a second random polybag to the entry that sounds (or if you've made it) looks the coolest to my little judge!

The rules, write your answer below and the first 59 entrants will get a number, please try to avoid double posting until we get 59 entries. This is open worldwide.  And the bonus ball from the UK lottery on Saturday night will decide the winner.

SumoLegoFowlerBricksBumblepantsricecakeMr_CrossGothamConstructionCokezvizzitorstluxLobotSirBenLego_StarSeijiAmasawaLittleLorisnowhitie

Comments

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,362
    I would love to see an APC from Aliens, but I know it will never be made..
    Renegade007cjh
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 341
    I would love all of the whacky races vehicles
    caterham7vizzitorsnowhitie
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 249
    I’d take a LEGO Planet Express Ship in any style...
    BumblepantsricecakeMr_CrossvizzitorRenegade007cjhsnowhitie
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I would love to see a series of Batman micro fighters.  you could base them of the movies, tv shows,  cartoons. the classic batmobile, keaton batman batwing, mini tumbler, one of the Batman man beyond vehicles
    Mr_Crossvizzitorricecake
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 561
    The more BttF sets the better, so the delorean is my pick
    Mr_CrossvizzitorLego_Star
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 827
    I'd love to see a whole bunch of chibi-fied trains - from classic 12V right through to Emerald Night and Maersk express
    stluxSeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 248
    I'd like to see a little range of the Thunderbirds vehicles - it'd be even better if Thunderbird 4 could really fit inside Thunderbird 2!
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 262
    How about a line of micro chubby fairground rides?
    stlux
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,118
    Mini Muppets. 

(Whether micro-fighters style or mighty micros.)
    vizzitorLego_StarLittleLoriSeijiAmasawa
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 634
    Star Wars: The Phantom Menace pod racers! All of them, with minifigures!
    Mr_CrossvizzitorSumoLego
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,940
    edited April 2018
    Those who know me won't be surprised to see me wanting some microfighter WW2 tanks. Some classics like the T-34, M4 Sherman, Cromwell, Tiger and so on would be neat, and it's the kind of theme that would naturally lend itself to having multiple series.

But like some of the other ideas, I can't imagine LEGO ever doing this. The Polish company Cobi has a series of microfighter-sized nano builds under its World of Tanks cobrand (albeit without any minifigures sitting in them) which shows that you don't necessarily even need to have any tracks to make a recognisable tank: https://cobi.pl/en/world-of-tanks/strona,,cena.html

mak0137snowhitie
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 643
    Mario Cart Racing
    vizzitorstluxSumoLegoLego_StarSeijiAmasawa
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 988
    edited April 2018
    I want a whole range from this but I'll start with the microfighters- 
    Babylon 5
    Shadow Vessel vs Whitestar for the first pair, Narn Cruiser vs Centauri Battlecruiser & a Psi Corps & Earth Force Starfury pairing

Or start a war with EAS Prometheus vs Minbari Cruiser
    SeijiAmasawa
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    If love some Harry potter ones, Hogwarts express, Ford Anglia and perhaps some fantastic beasts!
    Mr_CrossLego_StarSeijiAmasawasnowhitie
  • daniellelego82daniellelego82 Manchester, UKMember Posts: 35
    i think i would like to see micro classic tv cars. Ones from the likes of only fools and horses, the monster etc
    vizzitorsnowhitie
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 320
    edited April 2018
    Not really a micrifighter fan, but if they made some based on Ghostbusters 84, Id buy them.
    vizzitor
  • MextenMexten MexicoMember Posts: 58
    One word: LOTR
    Lego_Star
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,388
    I want aa Firefly series but we already know the answer to that question. I do think it would look pretty good in MicroFighters form.
    vizzitorSeijiAmasawa
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,493
    Tron Microfighters, including two Lightcycles of course, but also the Light Runner, a Recognizer, the Rectifier, both the large and small Light Jets and maybe the classic Light Cycle. I would buy every single one if Lego did this. :D
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,084
    I'd like to see a more generic (non-licensed) set of animal racers - so a bit like those on the carousel but done as bumper cars, probably a bit more like mighty micros than microfighters.

Frog, elephant, swan, cat, dog, pig, etc
    stlux560Heliportcmrt1014vizzitorLego_Star
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 811
    Indiana Jones:
    • Mine Cart - Mola Ram
    • Zeppelin - Indiana Jones
    • Tank - Ernst Vogel
    • Raft - Willie Scott
    • Fighter Plane - Henry Jones Sr
    • Shanghai Car - Short Round
    • Submarine - Arnold Ernst Toht
    • Venetian Boat - Kazim
    • Many more...
    :-D
    FowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoBumblepantsvizzitorLego_StarMextenMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Microfighter Ninjago mech line, I think they could complement the SD Gundam series.
    FowlerBricks
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 188
    I’d like to see a set of miniatures depicting past themes - one Time Cruisers, 1 Belville, 1 Rock Raiders, 1 Power Miners, 1 Paradisa, and then just to see how micro they could get it, 1 Scala...
    stluxShib
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 206
    mighty micro Speed Champion or chibi Thomas and Friends trains
    vizzitor
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 858
    edited April 2018
    In pipe dream pole position: Classic Space 928 done in chubby Micro Fighter form, would a range of space ships work? Not sure, but #928 for sure.

For Star Wars, I'd love a Slave 1 and a range of Pod Racers.

For a whole range, would a range of classic TV series work? Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf (because we can always do with another helicopter) and Magnum PI.

Thanks for hosting, great idea. If I have time, I might try to build one of these :-), inspiring!
    vizzitorLego_Starsnowhitie
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 579
    I would just be jazzed for some more LOTR content, so if there was a way to get more minifigs from that series as microfighters then i am all over that
    Lego_Star
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 468
    I would love a reboot of the Star Wars midi-scale series!!!
  • MudkipDoomMudkipDoom United KingdomMember Posts: 32
    Micro fighter Falcon Heavy!
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,078
    uh...I donno....how about chibi versions of Brickheads?
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,211
    I'm planning on making some Ninjago mighty micros if I ever get time.  But would also like to see the mini-mech idea from @ricecake above.
    ricecake
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    I'd like to see a SSD. 
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 212
    I'd love to see a classic video game series of vehicles. Something like the Ferrari from Outrun, a ship from Space Invaders, some Nintendo characters in karts, Earthworm Jim's rocket, Guile from Street Fighter and the jet from the background on his stage, and load more. They could even be split into different gaming eras for a whole range.
    BumblepantsShibricecakeSeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 280
    Hot Daniel so Finn the Human has also a ride to use while spending his Adventure Time. ;-)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,752
    MASK vehicles, transformable, of course.
    vizzitorricecake
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,325
    I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet, but if they could develop a Star Trek series of micro scale ships, I think that would be pretty sweet!
    vizzitorSeijiAmasawa
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,489
    Classic Vehicle (space, western, town, pirates etc) series!
    vizzitor
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 279
    Microfighter style sets don't interest me.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 468
    I’m another who would love a Wacky Races line. 
    vizzitorShibLego_Starsnowhitie
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 648
    edited April 2018
    Wouldn't mind some old tv spaceships, Blakes 7, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers. Just look up Corgi's old products.
    vizzitorShibMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,876
    edited April 2018
    Micro fighter style Brick built versions of the creatures from Star Wars.
    Bantha
    Dewback
    Tauntaun
    Ronto
    Wampa
    Acklay 
    And maybe even Jabba.
    BumblepantsstluxLego_StarMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 226
    City construction vehicles at a single scale (1 minifig width for driver is good) with multiple minifigs (one driver, one worker). City is a mish-mash of so many different scaled vehicles. Polybags vehicles are too small, small sets ($10 range) are not value based and higher vehicles are all different sizes. Starter sets are value based but vehicles are too small like polybags and are focused on minifigs.  
    vizzitor
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 226
    edited April 2018
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 251
    Probably any type of vintage car or easily recognizable vehicle. 
    snowhitie
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,976
    Nintendo - Give me an Arwing, the Great Fox, Samus Aran’s Ship and some F-zero cars!
    ricecakevizzitor
  • Raven13Raven13 FifeMember Posts: 16
    Any WWII vehicle although I know it's against Lego idea of what should and shouldn't be done. 
    snowhitie
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,729
    I'm going to say famous 80s vehicles: KITT, A-Team Van, Delorean, etc. The ones in the Dimensions sets are great, but lacking.
    ShibricecakevizzitorLego_StarMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,359
    Classic Viper and Cyclon Raider from the original Battlestar Galactica.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • toftof Member Posts: 147
    Star Trek micro vessels. Ships with the captain ( human, Klingon, ..)
    vizzitorSeijiAmasawa
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I have to second @CCC ‘s idea of carousel type animals.  Always looking for more well done animal figures.  Add dragons to the mix, as well.

Thanks @Speedman29 for hosting.
    vizzitorLego_Starstlux
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 542
    Tall Ships
    Switchfoot55redarmygmonkey76cmrt1014LittleLoriMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie