Headz up about 41597 Go Brick Me, you can't build 2 figures!

First up, sorry for the pun.

I bought the Go Brick Me set planning to build a figure each for me and my partner, as the set clearly says you can build 2 figures.

However, we can't. We both have fair skin and brown hair (and beard in my case). The result is there isn't enough pieces. There's not quite enough skin coloured pieces and absolutely nowhere near enough hair pieces to make 2 figures.

So unless your lucky and have very simple figures, it's only really possible to build 2 figures if they are of differing skin and hair colour to each other.

I'm quite annoyed at this, and have emailed Lego complaining and requesting a return, as there's no way I'm buying 2 of these sets, and I don't want just one figure.

So a warning to anyone looking at this set who plans to build figures with the same skin and/or hair, it's highly likely that you won't be able to.

Comments

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,000
    I can see your frustration, but for the price it's incredible value compared to most other sets you'll come across. You could add extra parts you think you might like by making an order from bricklink, for a relatively small amount of money I am sure you'll be able to achieve a fairly nice pair of models of yourselves.

gmonkey76
  • Adman1020Adman1020 UKMember Posts: 8
    It's the fact it states you can build 2 that's frustrated me. I expect a lot of people will get this and hit the same problem, and won't be prepared to Bricklink to solve it.

It's not even like it's a few short. Having made long brown hair there's now almost nothing left for anything other than a buzz cut.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,000
    If you have enough pieces left to build another figure that's not necessarily a representation of you or your partner, then technically you can build two. Sorry to be pedantic.
    You don't need to buy another #41597 to achieve your goal either, if you were to buy an Aquaman, Rey, Han Solo or a Chewbacca from the 2018 range, all of which should be under a tenner, you should easily be able to make up the shortfall of parts.
    I understand the principle of the thing and only offer these suggestions in an attempt to help.
    BooTheMightyHamsteromniumkiki180703gmonkey76davetheoxygenmanCM4SdatsunrobbieJohnyk668
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    I think most pieces would end up being packed into my belly although that said, my wife is a stick so it might work.
    omniumandhericecakekiki180703gmonkey76davetheoxygenmanLuLego
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 734
    Well, you can build 2 figures... If 1 is a naked albino person.
    omniumMegtheCatkiki180703gmonkey76davetheoxygenman
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    I managed to build my wife and I, both Caucasian with brown hair, but then I am follically challenged...
    Muftak1kiki180703gmonkey76davetheoxygenmanLostInTranslation
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834

One of my two will be as close to this as I can:
    https://brickset.com/sets/ITBH-1/Nonnie-Inside-Tour-2017-Edition

So I should be good. :P

Huw said:
    I managed to build my wife and I, both Caucasian with brown hair, but then I am follically challenged...
    The long pony tail hair robs all the pieces. There's almost no curved bits left.
    Ha, that's exactly what we have 
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 616
    ^ I hear albino body parts fetch a pretty sum on the Tanzanian black market

http://blackholezoo.com/tanzania-investigative-experiment-on-rising-albino-population-limb-trade/

Maybe take your extra one, cut it up, and and send it to Africa. With any luck, you'll make enough to buy a second go brick me AND prevent the murders of a couple albinos!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214

I had no problem building two with brown hair from the one set, including one with long hair - however, I did have to take pieces from the skin tone pieces bag to accomplish his - I should think that if it were two blond or two red hair I would have struggled.

i had more trouble including a neckline on both (which can’t be seen in the photos) and because I wanted to use a printed 2x4 piece I already had for the Fairy Brick t-shirt - but those were issues I could have avoided by being less fussy or using the build instructions completely as is.

I see absolutely no problem with the claim of “makes two” because at the very least you will always be able to make one based on a real person and one nonnie/mr white/mannequin man - it doesn’t claim you’d be able to make two that look similar.
    gmonkey76stluxbgl_84LittleLori
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    Adman1020 said:
    Ha, that's exactly what we have 
    A quick hair cut and problem solved?
    A.BrickovskyLuLegogmonkey76FowlerBricks
    @Shib, yeah you'd really struggle with 2 blonde or ginger figures.

Lego got back to me. The guy responding said he'd had no trouble making 2 figures from the set, but that they had different hair colours. Kinda missed the point!