Mysterious brick content in 75162

eustaneustan DeutschlandMember Posts: 4
Hi,

for my birthday I got the 75162 Microfighter, but when opening the box I found something interesting (see pics). Did this happened to anyone else? Also the bricks don´t really make sense with each other, some of the white ones are even look dirty and the type of bag is also different to the ones I know from my past 33 years, anyone has a explanation for this? Did I got something really special here?

FowlerBricks

Comments

• eustaneustan DeutschlandMember Posts: 4
    I even wrote to Lego about it, but no response yet ...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,441
    Where was it purchased? Could someone have emptied out the box, filled it with random stuff and returned it to the shop? That's common in the US where boxes have tape seals, but less so in Europe where our boxes are glued on all seams.

If so, they've certainly done a good job of packaging the contents.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 942

My guess is that it's a customer return (e.g. someone purchased it, removed the original contents and replaced them with a similar weight of older parts, before re-sealing it); I don't think that it's anything to do with LEGO!

I got it for my birthday, so I don´t know where exactly it has been purchased, I am from Germany, it is common here that you get smaller Lego boxes in larger supermarkets. I will ask the guy who got it for me where he purchased it, thats a good hint.

The box did not show any damage and if I have all this effort with glueing it back together why don´t take a more expensive set? Really strange ...
    It was actually a joke, sorry for the whole disturbance, but they did it really well, I did not notice that the box was already openend once, it appeared just so super strange because the parts inside did not make any sense at all together ;-)
    BumblepantsDeMontesMaffyD
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    Hmm, that's a rather cruel joke. :)
    madforLEGO
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 551
    Ha! I actually think that’s quite a fun joke between AFOLs or friends :-)
    gratefulnatBumblepantsmak0137FowlerBricksmithridate
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    DeMontes said:
    Ha! I actually think that’s quite a fun joke between AFOLs or friends :-)
    Meh, for those who have been victim to this type of behavior with larger sets, I doubt they would be laughing.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 551
    edited March 2018
    @madforLEGO note my use of the phrase ‘between AFOLs or friends’ I.e not when purchasing a large set from a shop but a friend playing a joke...

How do you know that I’ve not been a victim of such a shop scam and still think it’s a good joke???

anyway, my opinion is that it’s funny and Id give the actual contents for the set in a Megabloks box the following year for a birthday gift...
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 768
    I played the same joke on @Legoboy with his TRON set, but saying as he'll never open it, he'll never know ;)
    LegoboyDeMontesgmonkey76FowlerBricks
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,293
    you put a cat inside?
    gmonkey76
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    omnium said:
    I played the same joke on @Legoboy with his TRON set, but saying as he'll never open it, he'll never know ;)
    Hence the counterfeit notes current sat inside your wallet and bottle of cat p*ss in the fridge.  Unless that is you've already consumed it for which I will apologise to both you and your wife now.
    omniumgmonkey76