Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Custom MOC instructions!

FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,565
edited March 2018 in Building and Techniques
Have you ever built a MOC that you really liked but then had to dismantle it due to lack of parts/space and hope that you might be able to rebuild it from memory? Well, now you can have custom instructions made for your MOC so you can dismantle it safely or even share it with friends!

Here's how it works: you build the MOC in LDD/Stud.io (or take lots of pictures if the model is under 50 pieces) and send it to me. I will then take the model and make instructions using Stud.io and Photoshop. Once I finish, the completed instructions will be sent to you! Examples of instructions can be provided upon request. Instructions can be polybag style for small builds or just the regular booklet type.

Prices (payment through PayPal):

Under 25 pieces: $15

Between 25 and 50 pieces: $25

Between 50 and 75 pieces: $35

Between 75 and 100 pieces: $45

Cover art and/or parts checklist will cost extra. IMPORTANT NOTE: instructions are digital files and no hard copies will be provided.

Shoot me a PM to get started!

Fizyx

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 489
    I feel parts list is essential to any instructions. What about my model with 3456 parts?
    FizyxdrdavewatfordFowlerBricksBrickByBrick
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,565
    ^Making a parts checklist, especially with any kind of part ID, Lego or BL is extremely time consuming and somewhat difficult.
    Fizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,171
    Are you limiting it to sets of 100 pieces or less? I guess I feel like for sets that small, I would just take several pictures and rebuild from those if necessary.
    BrickByBrick
    @Astrobricks: I'm limiting it for now since making instructions takes so much work. As for just taking pictures, yeah that may work for you to rebuild it, but if you want to share it, having actual instructions is pretty helpful. Plus the instructions just look so much better than pictures. ;)
    Astrobricks
    A bit of a bump. An example of booklet style instructions are available on the Free Instructions Thread.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 489
    @FowlerBricks I guess it depends what you use to make your instructions, but I always make a parts list for custom instruction booklets and rendered images.It looks much better imo. :-)
    FowlerBricks
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    Honestly? I don't see any takers for this. It's pretty easy to make instructions using Stud.io and LPub3D, so anyone building something in Stud.io could spend an extra half hour or so making instructions as well.

What's more, I'm afraid 'parts checklist will cost extra' is a complete scam, given that LPub3D allows you to insert a parts list with a few clicks of a button.

Furthermore, I'd like to think that if I built a model in Stud.io or took lots of photos of it, I could rebuild it just from that, without needing instructions.

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I just don't see a market for it, especially at the prices you're asking. Sorry!
    DeMontesCCC
    ^A complete scam? That's a bit presumptuous. I've never heard of LPub3D and I am speaking out of my current skill level. 
    Mods, please close this thread.

@Huw @CapnRex101 @drdavewatford
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy