Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego pull duck model from JK Brickworks.

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
edited March 2018 in Building and Techniques
Here is a lovely creation that will be hard to pass up!

http://jkbrickworks.com/classic-duck-pull-toy

Fizyxsamiam39177ncaachampsstluxcatwranglerricecakecaterham7bandit778Mr_CrossomniumGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksCCCLego_Star

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    @Huw @drdavewatford Might want to move this over to the Free Instruction thread where I should have put it in the first place.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239
    As soon as I saw it, I had to have it!

I was able to piece it together in 3 separate BL orders for just $35 (before shipping); probably about $45-$50 after shipping. MOCHUB asks for $70!

I'd be happy to share the XML file (wanted list) to anyone that would like it; please PM me your e-mail address. 
    hewmanstluxbandit778pharmjodmak0137FizyxSeijiAmasawaLego_Star
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,404
    Pmd
    I'm pulling parts right now and hope to finish up today with ordering what else I need. I'm going to make three sets and one will be my Secret Santa gift next Christmas!
    omniumCCC
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,181
    Thats a lovely model. I saw one of the original ducks in the history area at LL Windsor, think I'll be sourcing the parts for one.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,242
    I keep reading the title of this thread to mean LEGO had asked JK to remove the instructions from the world...
    dmcc0pharmjodSwitchfoot55stluxBumblepantsraygunn
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,318
    Amazing that it contains a part that appears only in one set, and that is a SW set (Slave I, from 2010) and that part is still as cheap as chips.
    It will be interesting to see if a popular MOC like this one will make the price go up on part #41766 in dark red. While it is only available in set # 8097, there were 12 in that set. Cavegods AT-AT and Mortesv's Nebulon B drove the price way up on some rare parts like the 8x8 LBG dish, LGB 1/2 barrel, LBG 2x2 barrel, and the 2x4x5 Trans-clear half cylinder. Here is a screen shot of current price and availability. Let's see what it's like after month.

And happy 2000th post to me!
    Fizyxpharmjodricecake
  • AaabrickAaabrick Member Posts: 2
    Is this more accurate in size than the one LEGO created for its employee gift a few years back? I really don't know how big the actual wooden toy was.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,318
    edited March 2018
    ^^ I imagine the MOC is not that popular and that there is enough stock to last, but it will be interesting to see. There is 400-500 at under 20c, while someone might buy the lot to try to make some money (somehow has recently bough 100), I doubt there is much to make reselling them at least for now, which will leave many for sale.
  • dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 180
    Aaabrick said:
    Is this more accurate in size than the one LEGO created for its employee gift a few years back? I really don't know how big the actual wooden toy was.
    Neither do I, but it was a nice duck anyway. Here's my bricklinked one.

FizyxFowlerBricks