Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Parts I'd forgotten I had!

560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,890
Last night, I decided to build #8781 The Castle of Morcia. It's been disassembled since a few months after I bought it in 2004. It and #8777 Vladek Encounter, #8799 Knight's Castle Wall, #8800 Vladek's Siege Engine, and #8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress have all been stored in 8877's box, in an number of Ziploc bags. I rebuilt 8877 a couple of years ago, but the others have been waiting. So when I dumped out the three bags that held, all mixed up, 8777, 8781, and8799, I saw a bunch of sand blue 1x2 and 2x4 bricks! I must have got them from the PAB wall, and I guessed I had substituted them into the castle to make it more blue. When I finished the castle, I found I had: 1x2 and 2x4 bricks in sand blue, 2x2 bricks and 2x3 plates in dark ("original") green, and 1x2 and 2x10 bricks in grey- as in, "old light grey"! I dumped them into a large PAB cup... and they didn't quite fill it. I wonder what else I must have put in the cup back then. Oh well: bonus LEGO! :)
FowlerBricksMr_Crosssnowhitie

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,269
    I occasionally find parts I forgot about in my various “miscellaneous” parts bins. I have them split up into small, medium, and big parts. 
    Mr_Cross
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,513
    Funny you should mention this as I just 'found' an old PAB tub stuffed with elements that I'd completely forgotten about. Must have filled it a couple of years back at least. Contents included 756 (!) trans-red 1 x 1 tiles and 530 trans-light blue gems, amongst others.
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76davetheoxygenmansnowhitiemak0137stluxomniumMr_Cross
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,676
    ^Why do you need 530 gems??
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,890
    Because they fill in the nooks and crannies in an almost-full PAB cup! I don't know if I have 530 of them, but probably close to that.
    FowlerBricksmadforLEGOgmonkey76BumblepantsMr_Cross
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,513
    ^Why do you need 530 gems??
    Useful for water effects in MOCs. And also because they fill in the nooks and crannies in an almost-full PAB cup! Together with trans-red 1 x 1 tiles....
    Mr_CrossFizyxFowlerBricksgmonkey76davetheoxygenmanstlux
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,485
    at least it's tiles. trans red studs would have been funny considering you get 10 extra in each set thanks to stud shooters now.
    Fizyx
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,803
    I have a cup filled with old dog/wolf molds from a PaB wall some years ago. Also found my cache of goats as well (though from bricks and pieces, not PaB). I have a good idea of what I have now as I have been patiently sorting through all of my 'new' parts, but every once on a while I get a surprise
    FowlerBricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,985
    Funny you should mention this as I just 'found' an old PAB tub stuffed with elements that I'd completely forgotten about. Must have filled it a couple of years back at least. Contents included 756 (!) trans-red 1 x 1 tiles and 530 trans-light blue gems, amongst others.
    Similar with me with trans light blue 1x1 round tiles.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    I have plenty of trans-red, trans-yellow and trans-orange 1x1 round plates I was going to us in a volcano MOC when I got out my dark ages but then realized it's a freaking volcano.
    dmcc0