The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello, hello from Scotland!

Hey guys, 

Great to be a part of your awesome community. 

I love buying some of the bigger lego sets and spending my days off work chilling out building them.. de-stressing!

I've started making reviews to my new Youtube channel also, unsure if this is something I can post here or not!

Anyway, looking forward to being part of the community! 

GTBrickster
BumblepantsJRLdavetheoxygenmanBooTheMightyHamster

Comments

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,233
    Welcome @GTBrickster

I think a link to your Youtube channel would be ok - a few other Forum members have done similar.

What sort of themes are you interested in?  Star Wars?  Creator Expert?  Technic?
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 808
    Hello! Where abouts are you?

The afol scene up here has came on a lot over the past 18 months. There is lots of activity if you want to be involved!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,335

Hello @gtbrickster ;- Should I make a comment about the weather? It's white all over where I am, I suppose it's the same further north.

There's a thread somewhere about favourite YouTube channels where I'm sure you could post yours.

I too like the larger sets, although the price makes buying all of them a bit of a dream...

• GTBricksterGTBrickster UKMember Posts: 3
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies. 

Currently working on the lighting and quality of the channel but posted my first review on the Techic Mack Anthem Truck, just working on one for the Ideas Fishing Store currently. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDwUTauufxZA33uHiSHRuw/featured

BooThemighty - To be honest I'm into all sets but have built plenty Star Wars, Creator and Technic. 

Naxander - Near Stirling, what kind of things are going on up here?

MaffyD - Absolutey horrendous up here, was caught right in the middle of the red warning, nothing like we've ever seen before. 

Thanks guys!
    MaffyD
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 808
    Your just up the road, literally! I'm Cumbernauld.

There is TartanLUG, which is a Scotland wide LUG which has a good Facebook group.  Central belt wise myself and @DougTemplar run hi monthly afol meetups in Glasgow and Edinburgh and we run 3 charity shows under the BrickM8 banner. Edinbrick (may 26th), Glesga Bricks  (October) and Braw Brick Show  (Cumbernauld show in August, if I can find a venue).  We also organise a Lego area at Edinburgh comic con  (April 14th & 15th). 

There are also shows up north plus other central belt ones like Awesome Bricks (at the museum of flight) and Bricklive Glasgow.