The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Auto load of most recent thread posts

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,365
I’ve noticed a quirk with the feature that brings you to the most recent unread posts in a thread automatically. Most of the time it works fine. I get brought to the beginning of the posts I’ve not read yet. But, if the thread has a lot of pictures, I get dropped somewhere earlier among posts I’ve already read. It’s almost as though it brings me to the location where the unread posts would be if there were no embedded pictures in any of the posts on the page.

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,712
    I could be wrong but I think this is to do with browsers and connection speed rather than the forum.

I sometimes get it happen to
    me but generally if I don’t touch anything until it’s finished loading it will correct itself and put me to the right point - if I’m in too much of a hurry and start scrolling it won’t correct itself. 

Could be wrong but that’s how it appears to me, personally I’d just prefer it if people only posted 1 photo per post because that seems to be the big killer for me loading pages.
    stluxomniumdrdavewatfordMaffyDricecakeAstrobrickskiki180703snowhitie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,275
    I'm with @Shib on this one. That's pretty much how it works for me. Only difference is that at work I get my non-encrypted internet data packets inspected, so any images get more attention and it takes even longer to load!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,365
    Shib said:
    I could be wrong but I think this is to do with browsers and connection speed rather than the forum.

I sometimes get it happen to
    me but generally if I don’t touch anything until it’s finished loading it will correct itself and put me to the right point - if I’m in too much of a hurry and start scrolling it won’t correct itself. 

Could be wrong but that’s how it appears to me, personally I’d just prefer it if people only posted 1 photo per post because that seems to be the big killer for me loading pages.
    Sometimes I try waiting until I’m sure nothing is left to load, but I’m still left looking at old posts. I’m using Safari on an iPad.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,365
    I’ve been paying more attention lately and it happens even without pictures.