Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Teased TLBM vehicle in an ad, maybe Lego's Facebook page?

jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 808
Hi all,

I seem to recall, maybe a month or two or three ago, some sort of ad, which featured Batman on a vehicle.  A vehicle that is not included in any wave of the TLBM sets.  Small enough to be a potential polybag down the road, but not guaranteed.  Does anyone recall seeing this ad?  I'd like to see it again.  Thanks!

Comments

• jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 808
    The search is over!  Scrolled thru a bunch of photos on Lego's Facebook page.  It's called the Bat Segway.  Was also shared on fbtb.net in September of last year.
    ricecakeLego_Star
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Thanks, hadn't see that before! Here's a link for anyone else that wants to see it:
    https://www.fbtb.net/the-lego-batman-movie/2017/09/13/what-the-hell-is-the-bat-segway/
    stluxbandit778
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Wonder if this had anything to do with Will Arnett.  He plays both Batman and Gob from Arrested Development who always rode around on a Segway
    ricecakeTyresOFlahertykbenjesLego_Star
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Could be a LEGO people thing too.

Kjeld & JVK are both Segway users. Their minifigs are on Segways as easter eggs as part of a huge build in LEGO House. It's sort of a running joke I guess, Kjeld had an accident on his Segway and broke his leg in October 2015. He missed the topping out ceremony at LEGO House as a result and appeared by video link instead.

So, not surprised in the slightest that LEGO Batman gets a Segway, even without it being an official set. Would be a nice little poly though, love the red wheels, reminds me of my childhood LEGO wheels. :o)
    ricecake