Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bonus Ball Drawing 2/24/18 - Russell844 Special Edition

Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,961

Hello all! It's my turn to host this weeks Bonus Ball.

For anybody new to this: it's simple. Answer the question below, and get a number based on your post in order between 1 and 59. If your number gets drawn on Saturday night for the UK national lottery bonus ball you win the prize. If you don't make the first 59 replies, well there's always next week to be a little quicker. 

This week's prize is a #30474 Reindeer. I was fortunate enough to be given a few of these for free at a TRU because the system wouldn't let them sell them to me. So I'm Paying it Forward.

So, on to this week's question:

Many years ago, Mega Bloks produced the ProBuilder Steam Express set. Picture for reference. If LEGO were to put out a train locomotive at this scale, what would your dream set be? For me it would be a Southern Pacific Cab Forward. If you are not a train head, what vehicle would you like to have at the scale of a Mini Cooper, VW Bug, etc.

Don't forget, we are always looking for draw hosts. So if you'd like to volunteer please drop @snowhitie a PM.

Russell
FowlerBricksMr_CrossSirBenBumblepantsstluxsnowhitiekiki180703

Comments

• historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 370
    Hogwarts express - missed out on the original! 
    Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawasnowhitiekiki180703
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Lamborghini Countach. I know there have been a couple of other Lamborghini's that they've made but I still think the Countach (with spoiler) looks the coolest.
    Renegade007cjhMr_CrossGallardoLUkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,357
    A Crocodile locomotive in green. #4551 was nice and red is an authentic colour for this locomotive; it just looks so much better in green.
    Russell844
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,543
    I am partial to diesel locomotives so a highly detailed modern engine w a colorful paint scheme. A reworking of the BNSF would be most welcome.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    An AEC diesel railcar like this one....

....its powered by a pair of London Bus engines and sounds and looks awesome. I have plans to MOC something like it for our train set one day
    snowhitie
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 808
    Oh man, well I have the UCS Tumbler, so...oh boy...I'm stumped, so all that's coming to mind is the 1997 Batman and Robin Freezemobile.  I really can't think of anything else at the moment.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 522
    The Mallard
    Renegade007cjhMr_Cross
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    edited February 2018
    Oh great question: I love locomotives! I’d go for a UCS Mallard (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Class_A4_4468_Mallard)
    Mr_Cross
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 262
    I'd go for an Intercity 125. In its iconic swallow livery of course!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
    That really awesome orange car Tony Stark is always driving around. Don't know the name though.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    1982 Pontiac Trans Am... Decent scale KITT would be awesome!!
    Russell844SumoLegoGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,526
    Silver Streak along with minifigure Gene Wilder and Richard Prior..
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 692
    edited February 2018
    A Delorean DMC-12. Time machine version ideally, but I'd take it without.
    Or to stick with the train thing, the Jules Verne Train from BttF Pt. III
    Russell844Mr_Cross
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    I am not into trains in anyway shape or form due to being force fed them at a very young age by a train enthusiastic father.
    The only upshot from this past was that we used to spend a lot of time visiting the Bluebell railway which at the time had sheds filled with trains in various states of repair, one of which was a train called 'Blackmoor Vale'.

For whatever reason, of all the trains I have seen over the years, I have always had a bit of a soft spot for it and was delighted when it was put back into steam after so many years of seeing it in bits. For that reason this would be my choice of train to be made into a set.
    stluxsnowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703
  • janscjansc The Netherlands Member Posts: 60
    A proper VW beetle, one that doesn't look like a 2CV. Or a proper 2CV.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I'd have to say a Christmas train more like the original Christmas train - missed that one...

Thank you for hosting, @Russell844!
    Russell844
  • daniellelego82daniellelego82 Manchester, UKMember Posts: 38
    Hogwarts express for. Missed out the Harry Potter sets the first time round 
    Mr_Cross
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,081
    Probably LADAS, just so I can misplace it
    Actually, it would make a fairly impressive First Player marker when playing Tony Boydell's Snowdonia
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    Hogwarts express - missed out on the original! 
    This!
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 233
    Thomas the Train and Friends
    Russell844
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    I'd like a British Rail Class 58. It's just such a classic shape, and I used to have a Hornby OO train set that had one in it. Last year I replicated my own out of Lego, but I'm sure TLG could do a much better job - although the chances of that happening are diddly-squat, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_58

58001 at Doncaster WorksJPG
    ... and the real thing is conveniently a nice shade of dark bley.
    snowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    I'll go old school, obviously the Rocket ...

BrickByBrickstluxbandit778snowhitiekiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,785
    I'd love to have Lamborghini Diablo to scale.  Beautiful.
    ricecakekiki180703
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 576
    Dinosaur train
    Image result for Dinosaur train
    snowhitieToc13SumoLegocatwranglerkiki180703
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,184
    Any super cars such as a Lamborghini would be nice
    ricecake
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I say let's go old school and do a James Bond style 1963 Aston Martin DB5.

Image result for Aston Martin DB5 james bond
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsBrickByBrickstluxFowlerBrickssnowhitieSeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 759
    Starsky & Hutch car. (Ford Gran Toreno I think).
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,346
    The train from Back to the Future, does that count? :-P
    Russell844BrickByBrickMr_CrosssnowhitieGoldchainskiki180703
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    I'd also have to say the Hogwarts Express, i have the last one as well as the same one from the polybag, having, what could be, all three next to each other would look amazing!

Mr_Cross
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    The flying Scotsman all the way
    Mr_Cross
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Southern Pacific 4449, Daylight Exprss 

Russell844snowhitie
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 364
    The Flying Scotsman.
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,321
    edited February 2018
    I'm not particularly a train-head, but curiously, I helped out at a model steam railway in my early teens. I got to do station guard stuff like whistling the train off etc. it was pretty cool.
    There was this one black locomotive that was really, really cool, but can I remember the name or anything about the full size train it replicated at 1/8th scale in order to answer this question? Certainly not enough for the internet to point me to the right class in order to narrow it down!
    It was sleek, like a panther, it had long guard pieces by the steam box, red trimmings and that helps as much as the word 'haddock'.
    So despite having a picture in my head, I can't actually answer as well as I'd like.
    I see the Countach has been mentioned as too has the DB5, so I'm going to say the Ferrari Dino 246 GT which is simply a beautiful car and one I'm in the early stages of planning a Speed Champions scale MOC of.

Thanks for hosting - great question!
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 583
    The Flying Scotsman purely because it's the only one I can think of. 
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 485
    Definitely the Hogwarts Express!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347
    Chesapeake Bay and Ohio Locomotive- purely because it holds sentimental value as a Lionel model that our family owned for decades.

snowhitie
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 285
    Knight Rider
    BrickByBrick
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Porsche 928.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,940
    I'd have to go for Stephenson's Rocket, built just a few miles from where I live.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 729
    Not into trains,but i will say the Orient Express...

Or the Polar Express..
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    Thanks for hosting Russell.

I also like the Rocket I'll take a Hogwarts express. But seeing as my husband is the big train fan in our house is, I want his favourite, an InterCity 125 in original blue and yellow.

Russell844Mr_CrossGoldchainskiki180703
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    stlux
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    *** DOUBLE POST, PLEASE DISREGARD FOR ENTRY ***

Seeing as I'm not a train person, this one slipped my mind. Where I grew up in Marietta, GA, there is a little park called the Marietta Square, and there is a mini replica of a train called The General that was involved in the Great Locomotive Chase during the American Civil War.

I would like to have a model of this to remind me of the times I spent playing on that playground.

(not my picture, came from here: https://www.travelingmom.com/family-vacation-destinations/southeast-destinations/marietta-square-georgia/)

stlux
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 619
    I'm not a train head, but I'd love to see them create the Hogwarts Express at that scale!
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 566
    For me, it’d have to Be a Ferrari 250LM. Such a pretty car.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 741
    1970 Dodge Charger.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Eeeeeeeeek Megablocks. 

I would have said a Scotrail 178? but to be honest they are far from my favourite people at the moment, the Dutch lot need to just do their maintenance!

So it's another for The Flying Scotsman, saw it many times last year.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,961
    stlux said:
    A Crocodile locomotive in green. #4551 was nice and red is an authentic colour for this locomotive; it just looks so much better in green.

I agree. That's why I made sure to purchase #7898.
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 345
    56' Chevy