The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO Store Displays: Minifigure displays

FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 343
 I have picked up a few LEGO store displays in the past and the best ones for me are the ones that just contain minifigures from a particular theme.

Below is the most recent that I have picked up: DC & Marvel Superhero’s

I have seen two versions of this, one with 24 Minifigures (12 DC & 12 Marvel), and the other like this one with 26 Minifigures (14 DC & 12 Marvel).

I also have a few Star Wars ones, and all 3 versions of the Yoda Star Wars Minifigure only display ( the 3 different versions, contain the same minifigure selection, but have either LED lights in it, standard display, or slim line display. 

Below is a image of my Slim Line version:

And although I gave this post a LEGO Store display Minifigure title, I have one of my favourites below, again this is a Star Wars Yoda display, but this time with a few extra items included.. plus LED show. This was from the US, with hard plexiglass.

Any more collectors out there? With LEGO store Minifigure displays.. (I know there are 3 more Star Wars Minifigure only ones, and I have seen a Lord Of The Rings display ( I did purchase some of these other ones but they arrived in bad shape.... )

GothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksstluxFizyxOnebricktoomanybluedragonricecakeSumoLegokiki180703snowhitieMegtheCatGoldchainsAddicted2OxygenSwitchfoot55

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,132
    The minifigures are glued, right?
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 343
    The minifigures are glued, right?
    Yes glued. 
    SumoLego
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 278
    How does one obtain these? I have wanted the displays from my local target for ages.
    SumoLego
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 64
    How does one obtain these? I have wanted the displays from my local target for ages.
    Know the right people or steal it.
    SumoLegoOrmskirkBricks
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 278
    Well one of those options is right out the window
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 301
    ^^ Yeah, I have no friends, so knowing the right people isn't an option ;)
    dutchlegofan50Pumpkin_3CK5
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 9,012
    edited February 24
    It is exceptionally difficult - and most of the Target displays do not make it to the secondary market.

They also don't ship well.
    Fireheart
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 183
    I was never aware TLG did display cases like this - ones focused on minifigs are really nice for the licensed themes, but particularly that massive one with Jek's ship too. In fact, it seemed like Lego were obsessed with Jek 14 because they gave him a bright yellow pedestal - it must have been the height of Yoda Chronicles hysteria. Also kind of funny to see Marvel and DC characters right next to each other in the same case. 

Any of of the Perspex display cases are very difficult to keep in good condition so it looks like you've done well so far. I wish I knew my local Lego store employees better - perhaps it's because 'local' is around 3 hours and £40 away for me.
    BrickByBrickFizyx
    I was never aware TLG did display cases like this - ones focused on minifigs are really nice for the licensed themes, but particularly that massive one with Jek's ship too. In fact, it seemed like Lego were obsessed with Jek 14 because they gave him a bright yellow pedestal - it must have been the height of Yoda Chronicles hysteria. Also kind of funny to see Marvel and DC characters right next to each other in the same case. 

Any of of the Perspex display cases are very difficult to keep in good condition so it looks like you've done well so far. I wish I knew my local Lego store employees better - perhaps it's because 'local' is around 3 hours and £40 away for me.
    You might have to go a bit further afield to obtain these. If you look at the smaller minifigure only displays, they all have German text on them.. And the larger one is from the US (Shipping for this one was very expensive).

And as @SumoLego mentioned they don’t ship very well. So getting these to the UK can be very hard.. And costly when they arrived broken, as it’s very hard to claim against the shipping company!

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,499
    When I worked at Target in '09 those went into the compactor by mandate. I tried really hard to rescue an Indiana Jones display to no avail.
    SumoLegokiki180703Fizyx
    I do have a Star Wars Yoda minifigure LED display brand new in box, still with the protective wrap on the plexiglass. So in Europe at least there are ways to get them brand new before they reach the store.

I also know of someone selling 4 x large Star Wars French minifigure displays, some brand new and in box, for just under €3K. And will ship them to the UK. (These are hard to find like this).
    Thats if you have the space to display them... I don’t have the space to display, and don’t want to get them to just put them in storage.. PM me if interested and I’ll pass on the details.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,061
    I've asked a couple of times at the local target last year when they had the displays on a cart heading out, and was told they have to get thrown in the compactor.
    SumoLego
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,020
    edited February 24
    Ya could have lied and said that these were taken out to the farm to live out their days in a bucolic setting.... rather than say they were put to sleep via the trash compactor....  :-(

TLG.... the dream crushers.... 
    BumblepantscatwranglerFowlerBricksstluxAstrobricks
  • Runnay7Runnay7 South Carolina Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I’m new to all this lego stuff but my ex was a bit of a hoarder , obsessed with legos, mint condition  Star Wars and getting his hands on nib lego sets..then he would carefully air tight store them away and never look at his finds. Am I sitting on a gold mine here? I’m fixing to put my kids in college so could I get some directions on where or if I should sale some of these rare items . I don’t know what to do with it but I would love to make good for my kids if possible. Any ideas? Here’s a few pix of his most resent stuff that I’ve accumulated from him. I know he spent a fortune at auctions and random Craigslist sellers but I have know clue what or what anything would be worth..I’m willing to part most and ship anywhere as long as shipping fees are paid. Can anyone point me to a fair buyer?
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 153
    Not sure on their values, but if your Ex bought them shouldn't they be returned to him?
    unfortunately passed. I’m just saving a a few SW heirlooms for my son
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 153
    Oh i'm sorry to hear that, keeping some as heirlooms would be a lovely memory for your son. I know some of the store displays can sell well. However I have heard that they can a pain to post as they are quite fragile and tend to damage easily.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help with pricing :)
    Runnay7
    Thank you..I’ve heard the same. It’s not easy letting go but I have thousands to sealed away and not being appreciated like they should. Truly this collection needs a museum as he kept some story logs along the years.. many memories and miles to some.  
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,966
    For the glass displays, you are probably best off trying to find a local auction company, especially if they have a toy sale. They cost so much to ship, they have little value if sold by post/internet.

They are also the sort of thing that if you want to buy a specific one at a specific time, then they can be expensive. Whereas if you want to sell, they can be cheap unless you can find the right buyer.
    Value wise just to give you an idea.

Star Wars Rogue One 48” Display: $300-350
    Batman Movie 48” display: $300
    Marvel Super Hero’s shelf tube figure display (I haven’t seen this one before): $125-150. But if a few come to market then the price can reduce.

The others i.e. Lego City, Friends have less value, and probably will not get very much in an eBay auction. If you have the original shipping boxes it helps.
    And if you have any brand new in wrap and shipping box, then these sell better.

Only downside to these is shipping (cost and being fragile) and also if you do a pickup only then you reduce you potential sales down.

If you have anything else you want rough prices for, I’m sure there are experts in every LEGO field on the forum, which can help you know the right price.

Runnay7Fizyx
    Thanks so much! I have a lot sw displays just have to slowly work my way back to each room. Thank you again 
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 555

Is anyone creating labels like these for you minifig displays? Would love to be able to do this effectively along the lines of DJ, R2-M3 minifigs etc.
    Fizyx
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,314
    I do. I get tiles printed with Bricklink identifier. It started getting a little expensive though at $2 per tile. I made my own fig destination for customs and knockoffs so if I croak, my wife can list them on Ebay with accurate descriptions.