Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickipedia needs your help

SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 238
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right subforum.

If anybody else here is a Wikia user or has interest in it, there's a great project at hand for you. Brickipedia, the Lego Wikia (or one of them, anyway) is in need of some serious editing help. A lot of articles are lacking pictures and information, and there are numerous articles that haven't even been made yet. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
    Depending on what type of pictures, I may be able to help. I'm already providing minifigure pictures for Swapfig, so I may be able to kill two birds with one stone/picture. How do I find out what minifigures need pics? 
    SearchlightRG
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 238
    Depending on what type of pictures, I may be able to help. I'm already providing minifigure pictures for Swapfig, so I may be able to kill two birds with one stone/picture. How do I find out what minifigures need pics? 
    I believe there may be a category for articles in need of images, though there are probably pages not listed there. I’ll look into it.
    There doesn't seem to be a specific listing of Minifigure articles without pictures; the only category I can find is articles without images in their infoboxes, but I know that not all of them have infoboxes yet. There is a general selection of maintenance templates.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,848
    Just curious, but with both Bricklink and Brickset having photos of minifigs and sets, why do we need them in a third place too?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    Is it used much anyway? It always struck me as load of crap on there, especially presenting rumours as fact.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,725
    ^ Agreed. The LEGO wiki space is in a bit of a mess. There's also a competing Brickipedia at http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page that I believe is run by a different team, who for whatever reason got fed up with the Wikia platform.

Having a database that anyone can contribute to is a great idea, but it rarely works out unless there's incentive to do so.
    Well @CCC and @Huw, perhaps such problems as are present on Brickipedia would benefit from the help of avid Lego fans. At any rate, I ask mainly because I myself rather enjoy the Wikia format and figure there may be others on Brickset who do as well, or would if they tried it out.
    FowlerBricks
    I feel like eliminating all the custom stuff will help a lot. There's like three pages for custom Dimensions 2, all contradicting each other, two Dimensions 3 pages and a Dimensions 4. That's just ridiculous. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    edited February 2018
    ^^ each to their own. I find those wiki style sets a complete mess, hard to find info and chances are it is wrong or not in a consistent format. You may need "avid Lego fans" to help improve it but then if there is nothing for them there, why would they help out? There are better places for (adult) fans to get their data, and know it is reliable.
    ^Well, you make your opinion clear.
    It could be a really useful info source, but as I said, the custom stuff really makes it convoluted.
    77ncaachampsFizyx