Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Split Classic Theme?

gt7319cgt7319c Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 14
Would it make sense, or is it possible, to split the sets currently assigned to the Classic theme in the database into two new themes:  one named Classic containing the sets with the “Classic” branding that were created since 1998, and another named something like Original Classic or Original System?
Bumblepants

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    Yes that's not a bad idea, given the early stuff isn't actually labelled as classic. What do others think?
    BrickByBrick
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 577
    I think that's a great idea.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,200
    I don't really care, but if the difference is between pre and post 98 stuff, it's almost the same as sorting by year released?
  • gt7319cgt7319c Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 14
    I think it would help collectors, like myself, when making queries where you want the results sorted by some parameter other than set release year.  Making the theme split could eliminate one search argument in the query.  It would also help collectors who are both completists and only interested in either the pre-1998 sets or the new sets and not both.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 874
    I'd vote yes for that, having searched through that theme for the new "classic" sets recently.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    OK -- I've changed Classic sets <= 1970 to 'System'
    Mr_CrossSMCBumblepantsricecakegmonkey76snowhitiecatwrangler