Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Help with a flat bed truck for a MOC

colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
Hello folks,

Im after some help, trying out my first MOC scene. I'd like to build a flat bed truck (similar to #4434 but without the sides). Anyone have instructions for that or any ideas how I start? I know i wont have the pieces to do it, as my sets are either built, or still boxed, I dont have much building lego, save for the dark ad tan pieces ive been collecting to make my buildings. Id ideally like the truck to be blue too, so dont want to purchase this set, if available, as I'd need new colours. Anyone got any similar build instructions? Its going to include minifigures so need the scale to be right

TIA


Comments

  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,315
    Why not just download the instructions for that set, and get the parts in blue instead. And not build the dump truck part on the back to keep it as a flat bed.
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 840
    Set #4206 has a similar cab design and a flat bed. It is only a 4 wheel design but may give you some ideas.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    CCC said:
    Why not just download the instructions for that set, and get the parts in blue instead. And not build the dump truck part on the back to keep it as a flat bed.
    Didn't know I could do that! :) Where can i find them?
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    OMG, Im an idiot, i see it now doh
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Calv said:
    Set #4206 has a similar cab design and a flat bed. It is only a 4 wheel design but may give you some ideas.
    In case you are confused as I was, it is set #4206-2 Recycling Truck, since #4206 (which takes you to #4206-1 ) is a set of train tracks.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    ricecake said:
    Calv said:
    Set #4206 has a similar cab design and a flat bed. It is only a 4 wheel design but may give you some ideas.
    In case you are confused as I was, it is set #4206-2 Recycling Truck, since #4206 (which takes you to #4206-1 ) is a set of train tracks.
    yeah, it did confuse me! :) thanks
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 840
    edited February 2018
    Sorry about the confusion. Lets try again as I cannot edit the original post.

    Set #4206-2 has a similar cab design and a flat bed. It is only a 4 wheel design but may give you some ideas.
    ricecake
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    great, thnak you
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 489
    @colay

    here are the instructions for De-Marco’s little vintage flatbed truck https://youtu.be/Yetna2O5E9Y




    FizyxstluxBumblepantscatwrangler
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    You can also check #60017, all orange pieces used in that build exists in blue and are easy available on BL/BO.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    Thank you, both, they are great ideas. The vintage one may also work very well for what I need. Looks like a trip to Toy Planet to get some loose old bricks :)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy