The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Software developers who love LEGO

freeNdiefreeNdie DublinMember Posts: 2
Hi guys,

I'm Matteo, I love LEGO since I was a kid and I actually have more LEGO sets that my apartment can fit!
LEGO has been a big part of my life so I thougth to join my passion with my job and created a small start-up called freeNdie Software with other friends who share the same love we all have for LEGO.
We are indie Android developers and our first app is "News for LEGO® fans"! The app feature a slick material design and multi-threding to download news super-fast.
News for LEGO® fans gathers news and curiosity about LEGO and provides some nice features like searching, offline reading and mark news as starred.

We have many new features that we want to add, but in the meantime, this is the link of the app in beta on the Google Play Store.

We are all really excited of this new journey and we'd love to share this with you guys and hear from you.

We appreciate your support and suggestions.
For any query and feedbacks please drop us a message here or write to [email protected]

Cheers,
freeNdie team

Comments

• paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,925
    I can't imagine The LEGO Group liking the name of the app.
    drdavewatford
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,246
    I've tried the app and it works well but I'd like to be able to see and configure the feeds that are being read.

It doesn't really do anything that Feedly doesn't although I concede it works 'out of the box' and provides LEGO news without needing to faff about.

Paul has a point about the name: they clamped down a while back and had all those with LEGO in the title removed. 'News for Brick fans', perhaps...
  • freeNdiefreeNdie DublinMember Posts: 2
    Huw said:
    I've tried the app and it works well but I'd like to be able to see and configure the feeds that are being read.

It doesn't really do anything that Feedly doesn't although I concede it works 'out of the box' and provides LEGO news without needing to faff about.

Paul has a point about the name: they clamped down a while back and had all those with LEGO in the title removed. 'News for Brick fans', perhaps...
    Thanks for the welcome and for downloading the app!

There are many ways to read the news, you could go on the websites or you could use Feedly or similar other apps. News for LEGO® fans, as you said, works out of the box, collecting news from the best websites and blogs LEGO themed. Also our idea is to involve the community to participate to make it better with your feedbacks to add new desired functionalities that could be related only to LEGO and wouldn't make sense in other apps like Feedly. We select our sources of feeds to give the user the best experience, but we are happy if the users report us other blogs that you may like to be added.

Your feedback is very much apprecieted Huw. We have in our backlog a future functionality to configure which websites and blogs you want to exclude from the syncronization of the news.

Lastly, to answer also paul_merton, we have inserted disclaimers in the Play Store description and in the app itself, in the specific in App info. The name compliants with LEGO guidelines in terms of copyrights (https://www.lego.com/en-gb/legal/legal-notice/fair-play) and also with Google rules. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, we take copyrights really seriously and as additional precaution, we will contact LEGO group to be sure they approve the app.

Thanks again for your support and your feedbacks,
    freeNdie team