Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Infinity War Set discussion

FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
edited February 2018 in Everything else LEGO
So now the Infinity War sets have been officially revealed. What are your thoughts on them? I personally really like them and I am very happy that Cap is in the smallest one. Teenage Groot took some getting used to, but I think I like him too. Spider-Man is a bit of a disappointment since he doesn't have dual molded legs though. The new Milano is pretty interesting and you can actually attach Rocket's ship from the Thor's Weapon Quest set. Definitely excited! How will I ever get the funds to buy them all??? Also, there's silver ingots on Rocket's ship and Falcon has moveable wings!
blakusdk

Comments

• blakusdkblakusdk PerthMember Posts: 44
    edited February 2018
    #76108 is a must have for sure. For some reason I really like #76102 - small, simple, fun ship and figs I don't have yet. Glad I work 2 jobs! 
    FowlerBricks
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 238
    The sets look pretty good. I just don’t get why the film has suddenly made Black Widow a blonde (especially with Agent 13 running around) and why they changed Black Dwarf’s name to Cull Obsidian. Do they think people would have been offended by the old name, or did they not think they could pull the joke off?
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489
    pretty good. I've read some comments about how it's all about the minifigs, except for the sanctum sanctorum, but I would say it looks pretty solid overall. the minifigs may even be the low point as a lot of them have no leg printing. maybe we don't have a very impressive set like the bridge battle from 2 years ago (the interior of the sanctum could be better) but none look bad.
    FowlerBricksBumblepants
  • LegoPondswaldLegoPondswald The NetherlandsMember Posts: 45
    Don't have any of the Marvel minfigs yet, so am very happy I can get those. The sanctum sanctorum is very high on my wishlist (or better: must have this right now list). Really love how that set looks. Will probably expand it with another floor though. 

Also like the Hulk smasher set. Looks great. The other sets are less interesting to me, since I mainly focus on city stuff. But they do look good!
    FowlerBricks
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 507
    I think all the sets look quite impressive. The Sanctum Sanctorum reminds me of the Daily Bugle from a few years back. All the minifigures look good too, although they are secondary to the builds in my eyes.

If you all want a good chuckle involving these sets, go watch Just2good’s thoughts video on them. As per, he’s whining like a child.
    FowlerBricksBrixfan02gmonkey76
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    General Marvel Discussion might be a good place to have this convo.
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksgmonkey76
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
    True.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,239
    MaffyD said:
    General Marvel Discussion might be a good place to have this convo.
    However, it undermines someone's grand plan to EuroBricksify this forum.  Disparate discussion must continue!

I am looking forward to just about everything Infinity War.  I definitely like the new Thanos figure.  
    FowlerBricksFizyxcatwrangler
    ^It's too bad that they didn't make a no-helmet Thanos mold though.
    catwrangler
    edited February 2018

Ok, so to continue the diaspora-esque Marvel conversation, I cannot wait to see IW after seeing how they've made Wakanda look like in Black Panther. It's awesome.

Anyway, in terms of sets I can tell that Lego got some good notes for the Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack set #76103 -  the wall definitely looks like Wakandan tech. I think I know where the last infinity stone (orange) enters the MCU picture as well, but I'm not going to spoiler it here, and also because it's a bit of a guess. Thinking about the stones for a minute (minor spoilers here):

Outrider Dropship Attack - blue - Tesseract - Loki was probably the last person to have it. How does it get to be anywhere near the dropships?

Thor's Weapon Quest - purple - no name - on Xandar with the Nova Corps. I suppose Thor's quest could lead to Xandar.

Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack - yellow - no name except the character's own name - wherever the Vision is. This is the most messed up one. The Vision isn't in the set, and I've not seen any footage of him near Wakanda.

The Hulkbuster Smash-Up - orange - No-one knows!

Thanos: Ultimate Battle - red - Aether - with the Collector (on Earth, maybe? Knowhere?) How does this get to be near Thanos, or Thanos near it?

Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown - green - Eye of Agomotto - Kamar-Taj in Kathmandu. This is the easiest to work out. Doctor Strange gets the Eye to New York, to either protect it from Thanos or use it against him. I imagine that doesn't go very well...

So, I think the colours that we get in the various sets are a bit arbitrary, but I'll revise that opinion when I see the film.

Finally, why do the Infinity War sets not have the 'Infinity War' tag?

FowlerBricks
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 692
    edited February 2018
    MaffyD said:

Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack - yellow - no name except the character's own name - wherever the Vision is. This is the most messed up one. The Vision isn't in the set, and I've not seen any footage of him near Wakanda.

You sure @MaffyD ? You might want to take another look at #76103 ....
    MaffyD
    Dammit! Now I look like an idiot. :-) I've still not seen him in Wakanda.
    FowlerBricks
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, Vision most definitely comes in #76103. I really love it when Lego makes location-based sets instead of vehicles. That portion of wall looks really great, especially with the trans-purple laser gate things. I wonder if those are printed?
    MaffyD
    ^ they won't be. But then again, what do I know?
    FowlerBricksdmcc0
    MaffyD said:
    Don't worry, you're right this time ;)
    michaelMGF did a review already and they are stickers. 
    Link if you want to check it out :
    FowlerBricksMaffyD
    Oh. Well, I don't mind.
    I really wish they were printed. Transparent stickers are a pain ... They're a cool design too, and I think the set would just look off without them. Probably won't have to deal without myself though because I don't plan on buying it unless I happen to catch it on clearance. 
    FowlerBricksFizyx
    MaffyD said:
    Don't worry, you're right this time ;)
    Makes a flipping change! :-)
    BrickByBrick
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 140
    Does anyone know if a second wave of Infinity War sets will be released after this one? I want to be more strategic with my purchases this time 'round.

I remember they released a set after the initial round of Civil War ones can out, and in it they had Vision, Hawk-Eye and Spider-Man. Might have been done that way to keep Spider-man a secret, but who knows?

edited March 2018
    I hope they're doing that this time to hide a set containing Hawkeye
    as Ronin. Hawkeye hasn't been shown in any of the Infinity War marketing yet and people are speculating that it's because he'll be taking on a new name and costume when his family dies.

edited March 2018
    Hawkeye's family is going to die?? Haven't heard anything about that yet. If they do, that will make Hawkeye a deadly enemy to whoever is responsible. Hopefully if Lego does another wave of sets, they'll make a new face for Hawkeye and a new helmet and face for Ant-Man (with a closed faceplate to match giant man)

edited March 2018
    SparkyHam said:
    Does anyone know if a second wave of Infinity War sets will be released after this one? I want to be more strategic with my purchases this time 'round.

I remember they released a set after the initial round of Civil War ones can out, and in it they had Vision, Hawk-Eye and Spider-Man. Might have been done that way to keep Spider-man a secret, but who knows?

I've heard rumors of two more sets coming. I have no idea how reliable they are though.
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 507
    edited March 2018
    Hawkeye's family is going to die?? Haven't heard anything about that yet. If they do, that will make Hawkeye a deadly enemy to whoever is responsible. Hopefully if Lego does another wave of sets, they'll make a new face for Hawkeye and a new helmet and face for Ant-Man (with a closed faceplate to match giant man)
    Thanks for the spoiler...!
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76
    Don't read this thread if you don't enjoy spoilers.

blakusdk
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,971
    Not fair. This is Infinity War Set Discussion, not Infinity War Film Discussion.
    gmonkey76FowlerBricksSirBrickalotOfLegoCM4S
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, there was a reason I used a spoiler tag for that. 

And Hawkeye's family isn't confirmed to die, but we've seen set pictures of Jeremy Renner in a costume that looks like Ronin from the comics

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/870921/Avengers-Infinity-War-Jeremy-Renner-Hawkeye-Avengers-4-set-photo-Ronin

Not confirmed by any means but that's what I think is most likely to happen.

Whatever happens, I hope Hawkeye gets his moment to shine. He's my favorite avengers character

Not fair. This is Infinity War Set Discussion, not Infinity War Film Discussion.
    There does tend to be spoilers in the sets. Plus we need to be able to discuss possible sets.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    Wow, stayed away from the spoiler tags but got spoiled anyway. If you want to talk about spoilers open an off topic thread. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,597
    edited March 2018
    Not cool. If something is under spoiler don't announce it in the next post. Yes there will be somethings the sets themselves will spoil about movie polt points. There is no way someone not being in a set will mean his collage roomate is the killer. Just made that last part up, but you get the point. Don't give away movie plots out in the open in a set discussions tread. Just not cool.
    edited March 2018
    @Huw @drdavewatford @CapnRex101 Any chance you could cover up @FowlerBricks slip up for future thread readers?
    Mynatt
    How do we know that's even a real spoiler? 
    edited March 2018
    How do we know that's even a real spoiler? 
    We don't, it's completely in the realm of speculation/theorizing but some people would prefer to avoid that altogether because it has the potential to be.

Also thanks to the mods, the thread is again potential spoiler free so you don't have to be scared to read it everyone.
    gmonkey76FowlerBricks
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 140
    Managed to avoid the spoilers and appreciate the responses @FowlerBricks
    Yeah, I'm guessing another couple of sets will be released after the movie is out, most likely including minifigs from the more affordable sets, and then including an exclusive one or two. We still haven't seen this waves version of: Scarlet Witch, War-Machine, Ant-Man, Winter-Soldier, Nick Fury or Drax yet, all whom I reckon will have a significant part to play in the parts 3 and 4 of Avengers (from reading the comics, that is)
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I'm hoping a certain famous family will be making their marvel film debut soon, would LOVE a set with them
    Chubbles said:
    I'm hoping a certain famous family will be making their marvel film debut soon, would LOVE a set with them
    Sure you don’t mean FANTASTIC family?

I could see Lego leaving Ant-Man out of the Infinity War line in anticipation of Ant-Man and the Wasp sets, but then again they included Black Panther in it despite him just having been in two sets based on his own film.
    SparkyHam said:
    We still haven't seen this waves version of: Scarlet Witch, War-Machine, Ant-Man, Winter-Soldier, Nick Fury or Drax yet, all whom I reckon will have a significant part to play in the parts 3 and 4 of Avengers (from reading the comics, that is)
    You forgot Hawkeye!!! He's the most important one. 
    *Someone else mentioned him.
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 204
    That "spoiler" is completely unconfirmed and ungrounded. 
    FowlerBricks
    There are a lot of sets with the Winter Soldier.  He's popular, but not quite Spider-Man, Iron Man, Batman and... Vision.

(Vision?)
    FowlerBricks

The thing I hate most about spoilers (and I really hate them anyway, but this is the worst bit) is that even if it's a completely unsubstantiated rumour, and isn't even in the film, knowing about it beforehand makes me look out for it in the film anyway (even if it's just to confirm whoever spread the rumour is full of it) which takes me out of the total immersion I want to have in the film.

Although studies have shown that people in general enjoy being spoilered. I don't understand that, but anyway.

I'll be on the lookout for more IW sets as well, just like in Civil War.

MynattFowlerBricksCM4S
    Maybe a mid/late-summer mop-up set like the tanker set from Civil War?  

(As long as it's not a set with some Iron Man, Spider-Man or Captain America iteration.  Or Vision.  No more Visions, thank you.)
    FowlerBricksFizyxMaffyD
    How many Visii do we have anyway? Let me have a look... 3 Including this years IW set. Which I don't think is enough, as I totally missed him in that set.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    MaffyD said:

The thing I hate most about spoilers (and I really hate them anyway, but this is the worst bit) is that even if it's a completely unsubstantiated rumour, and isn't even in the film, knowing about it beforehand makes me look out for it in the film anyway (even if it's just to confirm whoever spread the rumour is full of it) which takes me out of the total immersion I want to have in the film.

Although studies have shown that people in general enjoy being spoilered. I don't understand that, but anyway.

I'll be on the lookout for more IW sets as well, just like in Civil War.

This. The heck, guys...

Anyway, I hope there's one more IW set. I'm not a huge fan of the sets anymore, especially after the disappointing interior for Sanctum Santorum.

MaffyDSirBrickalotOfLego
    SumoLego said:
    Maybe a mid/late-summer mop-up set like the tanker set from Civil War?  

(As long as it's not a set with some Iron Man, Spider-Man or Captain America iteration.  Or Vision.  No more Visions, thank you.)
    Yeah, you would hope that they would incorporate some characters who haven't appeared in the six sets that have already been released. Apparently Bucky Barnes is going to be "White Wolf" now, so it'd be interesting to see a new figure of him. Apart from that and various other Avengers/Guardians who have been touched upon, there's also the presence of Maria Hill, Wong (who has yet to get a minifigure), Nebula, The Collector, Pepper Potts, Valkyrie, and Mantis in the film to consider.

I ran across this during a recent visit to Toys R Us. Can't decide if it's meant to indicate that Thanos actually will be donning armor at some point during Infinity War-perhaps after obtaining all six Infinity Stones as seems likely-or if it's a case of a toy being based on concept art that was ultimately abandoned.
    FowlerBricks
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 945
    Someone didn't read all the posts about the spoilers.  :)
    gmonkey76
    ^You can find it on the Wikipedia casting list-hardly top secret info.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,597
    ^While it might not be top secret info, it's not LEGO Set info. If I go to a different website, and it's said Deadpool is in the end credits of this movie should I come here and announce it? You can find all sorts of things if you go looking. If it's not officially announced LEGO Sets or Minifigures make sure you keep spoilers hidden.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
    gmonkey76 said:
    ...Deadpool is in the end credits of this movie...
    Deadpool is in the end credits!?!?!?  It must be true, I read it on the internet.
    Mynattgmonkey76
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    If i had to bet... 

Id say Capt Marvel might pop up in a summer set like Spiderman did for Avengers 2.5 aka Civil War. 
    FowlerBricksBrixfan02
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 204
    If i had to bet... 

Id say Capt Marvel might pop up in a summer set like Spiderman did for Avengers 2.5 aka Civil War. 
    I was thinking the same thing!