Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Least favorite part?

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,445
I couldn’t find this topic discussed elsewhere. What is the part that makes you go, “Oh no, not more of those!” when you see it in a set? Or maybe that thought comes to you while sorting a pile. Maybe you hate it because it only has one use, so it just takes up space after you disassemble the set it came in.

My choices come down to two: pretty much any Bionicle breast-piece I find in used lots. These are never going to come out again. The other is the lowly 1x1 round plate. Other than the occasional use for headlights, I’m kind of sick of them. Granted, I’ve been sorting a lot lately.

Comments

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,526
    Lego bananas. What's the point!?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    The boxes, I nearly always chuck them. Otherwise, it's the single piece larger moulded curved wedge type pieces. 

Round 1*1s are very useful to me, ideal for use in curved walls and small decorations in walls, plus as gravel / ballast in train tracks and in carriages, etc.
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 281
    My least favorite part is the one I can't find.
    datsunrobbiechrisalddincatwranglergmonkey76CalvRakulBengh_Zeran
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 692
    Mr_Cross said:
    Trigger from the stud launcher, although in fact, the stud launcher itself makes me groan a little.
    Have to second that. I don't mind stud launchers, but extra triggers just sit around forever because there is NOTHING you can do with them...
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 59
    Stickers
    chrisalddin
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 501
    TheFew said:
    Oh no! Banana hate! At least you didn't say sausage...or you'd probably be dead by now. :P

There are some uses for bananas if you look in the sausage thread (or was it the unsual part usage thread?).
    Fizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,445
    TheFew said:
    Oh no! Banana hate! At least you didn't say sausage...or you'd probably be dead by now. :P

There are some uses for bananas if you look in the sausage thread (or was it the unsual part usage thread?).
    I believe there is also a banana thread.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    #630-3 The Brick Separator.
    yes there good to have.
    but i own 110 of the dam things.
    gmonkey76
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,841
    TheFew said:
    Especially when they are gargantuan size compared to the scale of the figure.

To me, any part that is really restricted in its type of usage gnaw at me. For example, Large all plastic 'tires' kinda bother me (like https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2515&idColor=89#T=C&C=11 ). IMO not really a ton of uses for them once they are removed from the initial build. Same with Large technic wheels. Are there uses? Sure, but just take up a LOT of space for little reuse-ability IMO.
    Stickers could be considered as well, but they do have their places (I just wish they were better quality)

catwrangler
    TheFew said:c
    The bit on the end.

MAGNINOMINISUMBRABumblepantsRogerKirk
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Seconding the giant plastic wheels. I'm sure there's MOCers who have loads of uses for them, but my heart always sinks a little at the sight of them...
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    For me it’s these things... the 1x2 grill plate. For some reason I always end up finding them sitting at the bottom of the tubs I keep some of my sets in. Do they fall off so easily for anyone else? Their clutch power doesn’t seem particularly weak when I’m putting them on to sets, so it’s a mystery why they fall off in droves!

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    For me it's any of these:

They're so blooming hard to pick up when it's time to put them on your model!
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 204
    Stud shooters

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,971
    Lightsaber hilts! I have so many, in many colors; why would I need so many spares? Yet... Extra lightsabers...can't really be bad.
    ^ I bought a load of mixed planets on BL when someone was almost giving them away. They make great Christmas baubles.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 651
    Years ago on ClassicSpace.com, they ran a MOCing contest to see who could best utilized those large unwanted parts.  It's amazing to see what kinds of space vehicles one can create with parts like the 2551 rowboat...
    Brixfan02Fizyxcatwrangler
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489
    lightsaber hilts? well, some more colors could actually be useful, dark grey, or both brown colors.

also, my least favourite parts, minifig parts, when on parts that are meant to be from the same character, prints don't line up or colors don't match because of too little paint application.
    catwrangler