Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bendybadger Bonusball - SumoLego Return of the Hexadition

SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,238
I see dead people!  (Not really, but this was the best reference I could come up with incorporating the number six.)  Anyway, with that nonsense out of the way...

Greetings Bricksetters...

I have been called upon to do the weekly Bonusball Extravaganza!  Because it is 3:00PM EST, I'm sure we're too close to the cut-off for tonight's lottery drawing.  So I will leave it to the random number generator to select this week's winner.

The first fifty nine (59) unique posts get a number for the random number generator.

As I have a wide variety of extra sets, polys, figures and Lego-related whatnot in my inventory, the prize will be a bit of a "winner's choice".  The only condition will be that whatever prize the lucky winner chooses - it will be revealed further below in thread.

Since there has been much discussion about the "exclusives" that may be available for those having the Millennium Falcon VIP Card.  What would be the one exclusive that would immediately prompt you to reconsider paying for a brand new Millennium Falcon, or would make you sing the praises of LEGO if you already bought one.  And let's be realistic here.  Figure the total value of the exclusives is going to be akin to the point system for most bonus credit cards.

My thought - the ability to order the LEGO [email protected] or LEGO Retail Store Exclusive Polybags or Sets directly from LEGO by way of a special VIP site (limit of two per VIP).

And by the way, that shinny R2-D2 smells like fish to me.  Like the Bat-Pod giveaway from a few years ago.  

Enjoy!
snowhitiePebblesKerreBumblepantsdonutboybandit778LegoboyLobotLego_StarMr_CrossSeijiAmasawastluxGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksvizzitorIceCreamClonekezMAGNINOMINISUMBRAMasterBeefykiki180703ricecakeGoldchainsVorpalRyu

Comments

• jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 808
    Wow.  Good question.  I like your answer so much that it's clouding my judgment.  I'd have to say triple VIP points on all purchases for 2018.  That may be a bit of a stretch, but again, very good answer to kick off the draw, @SumoLego.
    SumoLegoMr_Crosskiki180703
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    Thanks for hosting :)

Owww one exclusive, that's easy. If having the card meant you could order any of the retired sets at original RRP, i'd order the Millennium Falcon quicker than lightning. (And I say that as a hater of all things Star wars.)

Great question, and I look forward to the other answers.
    SumoLegobandit778SeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    Being able to buy the space slug (for a sensible price) would be neato.
    SumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • MasterBeefyMasterBeefy US of AMember Posts: 121
    How about opening up future polybag promotions to a vote exclusive to VIP members.
    SumoLegoSeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    edited February 2018
    Ebon Hawk microfighter with a Kyle Katarn minifig. 

Obscure, but far less obsure than a sandspeeder and these were OK as general release sets.  I have fond memories of the PC games he's in. 
    SumoLego
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    A chrome domed and accurately rear printed R2-D2 (because it's about time)
    or a General Calrisian and Nien Numb minifigure pack to go with the Falcon (with no radar dish)
    SumoLegoLobotMr_Cross
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 485
    A Chrome Captain Phasma would be nice. Or a reprint of the fanastic Boba Fett Brickheadz!
    SumoLego
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    Same as above chrome phasma!
    SumoLego
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 692
    The SDCC reprint is a good call, but Chrome Phasma would be awesome
    SumoLego
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 729
    A Gold plated @SumoLego...

Sitting in a Buick..
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,543
    One of the comic-con sets like the boba and han brickheadz would be excellent.
    SumoLegoMr_Crossbandit778
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 759
    edited February 2018
    I think you nailed it with your own answer @SumoLego
    I'm not really sure if even that would actually convince me to buy a Falcon though. Although i'd love to have a go at building one, I certainly have nowhere to display and however great it is, I could never bring myself to drop 650 quid on a Lego set.
    SumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,526
    Being able to skip the queues at Leicester Square!
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    A way to get afol discount online!
    SumoLego
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Any chrome plated minifigure would be nice 
    SumoLego
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,785
    A letter, much like that that came with my 2007 version, only this time addressed to me and hand-signed by Harrison Ford and Hans Burkhard Schlömer.

Sort of half way there I guess.  :)

Thanks for hosting @SumoLego.

SumoLegoLego_StarGothamConstructionCoBumblepantscatwrangler
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 983
    An updated Cloud City Lando (sw105) :-)
    SumoLegobandit778Mr_Cross
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 64
    A buildable c-3p0 to scale with last year's r2-d2!
    SumoLegobandit778starwars4ever
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    A miniature Hogwarts castle, shield helicarrier, batcave AND millennum falcon, all in one!
    SumoLegomak0137
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 364
    Annual event of extra VIP points on what ever you buy on that day, in addition to any other offers at the time (maybe May 4th).
    SumoLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    Though but good question, I'd go for a microscale MF like the one given by TRU but chromed, printed and with lights at the back on a keychain.

Thanks for hosting.
    bandit778SeijiAmasawastluxToc13Mr_CrossSumoLegoBumblepantscatwrangler
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Being made lifetime director and shareholder with power to oversee one theme per year.

y'know, cos... 'very important'.
    SeijiAmasawaSumoLegoandheBumblepantscatwrangler
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 321
    Access to comicon exclusives
    SeijiAmasawaMr_CrossSumoLegomampepin
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 576
    Being able to purchase the other gift-with-purchase items for the year ( #40290, Year of the Dog, Sunflower, etc) at their RRP, without an accompanying qualifying order.
    SeijiAmasawaToc13SumoLegocatwrangler
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 233
    I’d also go for the ability to buy at least one each of all exclusive/promotional items before they become available to the public. Pipe dream especially since that MF’in MF is too rich for my blood.

Thanks for hosting! 
    SumoLego
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    It must have been said elsewhere but a couple of exclusive minifigs missing from the lineup - we all know who’d we like to see ....
    Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 365
    being able to buy one of these:
    either any of the previous modulars
    either any of the previous winter village sets
    SumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    Interesting question, as others have said your suggestion is spot on.

There has been talk over the last few SW films of random cameos from famous actors, hidden under Storm Trooper or FO Trooper helmets. I'd like a full set of them with accurate minifigure face prints. And even that probably wouldn't make me by the UCS MF, I'm struggling for space in the LEGO room as it is!
    SumoLego
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    edited February 2018
    An old Anakin minifig. Similar to this guy I mailed away for when I was a kid...

bandit778KerreGothamConstructionCoMr_CrossMAGNINOMINISUMBRATkattandheSumoLegoGoldchains
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 370
    A complete set of mini figures from the original trilogy
    SumoLego
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,081
    An even earlier than VIP access to releases. 3 months ahead of general release rather than 1.
    And similar on the GWP.
    Something interesting enough & potentially useful without being so good that it causes divisions
    SumoLego
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 249
    A set of chromed c 3po an r2d2
    SumoLego
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,393
    Designer/actor who played character signed sets....because if I'm going to spend that much on a set there better be HUGE bonuses.
    SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
    Umm...well, I don't have a black VIP card...but some type of specialized clone trooper with Silver Centurion level detail would make me wish I did have one!
    SumoLego
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 292
    It would have to be something that would make the money back on the MF eventually. Maybe access to buy Comic Con exclusives from [email protected] with a maximum of 5 of each in the order and free delivery.
    Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,321
    With the theme of 'six'. Six promotions running for 2 months each, spend over £60:

• A brick built Star Wars logo.
    • A fitted dust cover for the Mega Falcon (MilF) once built, appropriately branded and decorated.
    • A cardboard baseboard/diorama of bay 327 (for display purposes).
    • A supplementary kit to add another internal room.
    • Lando and Nien.
    • A microfighter Falcon (with exclusive versions of Han and Chewie) in a limited edition box that echoes the box #75192 comes in.

Thanks for hosting! Great idea.
    FowlerBricksSumoLegostlux
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I don’t really know.  I like some of the ideas to be able to purchase earlier gwp, or other such exclusive sets.

thanks for hosting @SumoLego!
    SumoLego
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 328
    George Lucas minifig. 
    SumoLego
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,940
    edited February 2018
    General Calrissian/Nien Nunb/Endor Trooper attired rebel soldier (crew for attack on DS2).

Or (less appealing as they already exist in previous incarnations of the MF), an EP IV crew of the 2 droid, Chewy, Han, Old Obi-Wan, Princess Leia.

Or a solemn promise from Disney that EpIX and the Han Solo film won't stink like EpVIII did.
    Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 567
    Some exclusive set of Jabba's palace complete with cool minifigs of the Max Rebo band but not including the monstrosity that was added by Lucas. 
    KerreSumoLego
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 74
    Some sort of Umbara 501st pack. (Rex, Fives, Hardcase, Jesse, Kix, Dogma, Tup, Appo), maybe with a special terrain build.
    SumoLego
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 289
    A gold plated C3PO
    SumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347
    Platinum R2-D2 for everyone.
    gmonkey76andheSumoLegostlux
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,321
    Darnit, you give me one job to do... must learn to read more carefully! I'll go with the dust cover from my post above purely for the sake of its silliness.
    SumoLego
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 829
    Cloud City Landing Pad :-D
    SumoLego
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,049
    I’d like a special code to use that would ensure I could use the lego website without errors happening and orders being buggered up. ;-p
    Toc13MAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76andheSumoLegostlux
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Early, early VIP access, 2 weeks before the VIP 2 weeks early, for one month early. It's not like the sets are not ready and available to ship to stores in the most part.
    SumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    A classic Space set, to acknowledge the debt Star Wars Lego owes to this theme and that must’ve influenced a lot of us to enjoy all things science fiction!
    SumoLego
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 504
    Access to previous exclusives/promo items for purchase.
    SumoLego
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Raffle for Celebration exclusive sets.
     I also like the idea of reflecting original Kenner mail - aways in minifig form.
    SumoLego