Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Spot the Errors

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,403
Whilst waiting for the Leicester Square store to open I noticed that Tower Bridge had been poorly made. I noticed two parts missing from the build and one part that should not be there... how many can you see?

Bumblepants

Comments

• Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,015
    I can see a 'grey rubbish bag' floating down the middle of the river (roughly)
    TheFew
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,403
    Yep that is one!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,549
    Gray round bit missing from a tower on the right
    TheFew
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,171
    edited February 2018
    I see seven missing parts and two errors of assembly. 
    The tip of the right side left-back tower is missing (3 parts). Also the 1x1 white clip plate and cone above each second level window is gone (4 parts). Finally, the two little balconies under the fourth level windows should be centered.

Whenever I see this kind of thing in a display model, it bugs me. How can they not fix it?
    TheFewFizyx
    Gray round bit missing from a tower on the right
    Yep that was the first thing i noticed.
    There is also a white 1x1 plate missing from the top lefthand end. All in all a shocking build! Should i call CS to complain? ??
    I see seven missing parts and two errors of assembly. 
    The tip of the right side left-back tower is missing (3 parts). Also the 1x1 white clip plate and cone above each second level window is gone (4 parts). Finally, the two little balconies under the fourth level windows should be centered.

Whenever I see this kind of thing in a display model, it bugs me. How can they not fix it?
    Wow i did not spot those!
    The right-hand tower is missing the top of one of the turrets (3 pieces missing).

There's a white upward-pointing cone piece missing from each tower, which should clip onto the 1x2 plate with bar (4 pieces missing in total).

Each of the four corners at the bottom of the blue/white 'wires' is missing a bracket and associated bits. In addition, the back-left one is missing a 1x1 plate (total of 13 pieces missing).

The white windows at the bottom of the left-hand tower are the wrong way round.

The detailing in front of the top 'tan' windows are mis-aligned on both towers.

I know it pretty well - I jointly hold the world record for team-building it! :)
    Now that is a claim to fame!
    The right most front tower is missing the 4x4 light bley round plate at the base of the cones.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,188
    I though one of the tests for a possible employee at a store was to build a set or two. Was that not the case, or did they stop doing that?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    The right most front tower is missing the 4x4 light bley round plate at the base of the cones.
    Oh god, how did I miss that?!
    Astrobricks
    Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse...
    The two white headlight bricks at the base of the left tower are in backwards.
    I though one of the tests for a possible employee at a store was to build a set or two. Was that not the case, or did they stop doing that?
    I suspect the display models are assembled elsewhere then brought to a store. This may explain why a model in a “sealed” case at a new-ish store has so many missing pieces.
    ^ I spotted that one and noted it ;)
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 331
    It's interesting to see so many errors in one model.

In my local store, I recently saw a couple of major errors in side the windows on the new diner. No pieces were missing, but they were mis-aligned. And the model was built by one of the staff members, as the person who built it told me they had.
    Astrobricks
    Oh, I thought you meant the actual 2 wide by 2 high windows just above the headlight bricks. It looks to me like the glass panes are facing inward, not outward as on the right tower. 
    edited February 2018
    Oh, I thought you meant the actual 2 wide by 2 high windows just above the headlight bricks. It looks to me like the glass panes are facing inward, not outward as on the right tower. 
    Hmm, looking at it again, I think you're right. Jeez.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,231
    I think they were trying to beat the world record.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    All of the pieces are wrong. It was supposed to be a Sandcrawler, but turned into a bridge
    TheFewJudgeChuckFizyxmak0137Oldfan
    Fauch said:
    I think they were trying to beat the world record.
    The thing with the world record is that all the parts have to be spot on, in the correct places, the right way round etc.
    Astrobricks
    arathemis said:
    All of the pieces are wrong. It was supposed to be a Sandcrawler, but turned into a bridge
    Anyone know how to tell how many pieces the two sets have in common? I suspect at least a few.