Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Target Clearance (In-Store / YMMV)

Comments

• bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @Russell844, I sent you another message...hopefully, you receive it.
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    My aunt works for Target and was explaining that their clearance is totally random. If they are told to mark it down they do. Percentages are random as well. She said that employees end up with the best deals on the popular items. She never knew my son and I were into LEGO. She is on the look out for us. First two items she bought for us:
    Portal of Atlantis 8078 for $14.90
    Fire Helicopter 7206 for $2.40

We hope this continues.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    @lulwut what area are you in? Not that it's the greatest set, but I've wanted bad since I've only seen one in all my travels :(

Whitecap probably doesn't make sense shipped as the cost comes what Walmart has been discounting already -- which has/is widely available.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    I thought about it for a sec but then realized the same thing on the shipping.

On the Whitecap hunt:
    I am tapped out. The manager at Target ended up getting ahold of me earlier today and told me he had checked with corporate and that the $24 Whitecap Bay was not Target-wide and that they'd be remaining full price at his store. I made my last run tonight (hit a bunch of stores) and now I have to force myself to give it a rest until the next clearance season. At Walmart I found one at $59 and really tried to make my case for the $30 (I found it in the Clearance section but it was not ringing up at $30) but it was access denied after waiting forever for a manager to show up. $59 WAS the clearance price and I was told I was misinformed by some people. Ok buddy. I think they were even trying to imply that I had brought it over there and acted like I found it in Clearance because they couldn't find the shelf tag for it. Yeah, I guess I brought every other POTC set over there and adjusted the price myself too. I finally accepted that the prices vary from Walmart to Walmart.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @gmppirate in that case, I won't bother to make the stops unless I need a break. Since I'm sure you found all the bounty by now =P

It's funny how the selection varies so much from locations across the cities or states. Didn't see even 1 Palpatine Shuttle on sale at any Target or Walmart. How much where they going for @lulwut?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @jlbblue Portal for $15? Wow, I think I would have finally gone all in on it at that price point. It's still 1000 pieces for $15 any way you cut it.
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2012
    Well i did well. I ended up getting three white caps for 20 dollars. 2 Palpatine Shuttle for 29.99. black pearl was 49.99 only got one. The series 5 minifigs were 1.58 and bought about 25 of them and bought all the series 4 minifigs which were 99 cents. there was only 14 of those. Anakin’s and Sebulba’s Podracers i bought only 2 since they were 59.98 and Im not a big fan of the set in general.

Thats all i got from there on the other hand I beyond cleaned up at walmart who has better deals and had way more stuff for sell.

there was also so many atlantis, the pharoh quest and some monster or alien stuff thats in the green box. I was amazed i dont knot if i would even want any of those items even at 75% off..
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^Wow, that's an awesome haul. I've been looking for a Whitecap Bay for 50% off since the sales started, but all the Targets near me have been cleaned out of sale items for a while. I haven't seen the Black Pearl on sale at any Target, much less for 50% off. I finally found one on sale at Walmart for $74 and pulled the trigger for that.
    @canuhandle23 Where is your Walmart?
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    houston tx....good thing about a big city. There is like atleast 10 all within a 20 mile radius... So its easy to find things when the clearance starts. There is one more target my man told me to go to. SO ill see if there are any more sales. This time next year i bet the Friends theme will dominate the clearance asiles
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    @gmpirate It was a random Walmart I stopped by in WI while making a trip from Chicago to Minneapolis, sort of close to Madison WI. No clearance tags but all scanned for $29.99.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    I found a Target Practice polybag yesterday. It wouldn't ring up and a clerk used the inventory gun on it and said it was supposed to be salvage. But she sold it to me for 90% off, so that was was great. But all Christmas items should officially be salvaged at this point. That is separate from the toy clearance, of course.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    I am quite envious, I have had none of the luck of all of you save a lone Cannibal Escape (4182) for $21. My son enjoyed it so much, we are trying to piece together the rest of the PotC theme without breaking the bank (santa is still suffering and birthdays begin next month). Anyway, the best price I can find (I have hit 5 WM and just as many Targets and all the online haunts) for Whitecap is $68 so I am happy with $44 plus shipping.

Oh, we also saw and picked up 9 HP The Burrows ($29.90) back in late December but those will be b'day presents for my to-be 8YOs friends during the year as they are just now into the HP books.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    ^ I did pick four extra AC Tripods for $10 each. I have seven of them now. I just like them. I may do some sort of MOC with any dupe AC sets I buy. I'll probably head over to my local Lego store and see if they have anymore of the AC Alien Striker sets.

I haven't found any super deals like others here. I'll look again this weekend.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,932
    @jlbblue that probably explains why the Targets by me were completely out of Whitecap bays without even a whiff of one at the store (no tags, area set up for them on Clearance, etc)

Really hard to get a good deal if the employees snag them first, but it is a nice perk for employees.
    @madforlegos Yeah, I've received comments to reflect that situation when I check out. Usually its something like "oh, I was going to go grab some of those".
    When I was combing for the Creator Lighthouse the other night (there were supposed to be 3) I asked the lady working the toy aisles and she said "Oh yeah, those are HOT."
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I just got an earth defense hq for $44. Glad cuz i missed it at WM.
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    @drewsbu (or any others)
    I have looked all over, apparently the 10% off coupon code dosent work anymore for some reason (speculated to work until March). How can I find another similar discount? Looking to make a larger purchase. Thanks!
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    I saw a returned maersk train at target for 30% off. Should I get this?
    ^^ If you don't mind holding on to it for a long time. I probably would since its only one set.
    With double points, the most you will get otherwise is 20%.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 797
    Picked up Plo Kloon's Jedi Starfighter for 50% off tonight!
    That's a nice one. We just built it tonight and my son did not want to go to bed. Got me wondering whether I should go pick up the Mace Windu version at 50%. Any thoughts? They seem pretty similar.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    edited January 2012
    @bmwlego which store?

@intromission at 50% aren't they all pretty much must-haves?
    Yes. lol. Just watching the funds. I'm a part-time teacher right now.
    Wow, can't believe there are still Windus and Kloons out there still.
    There aren't. When I got Kloon last week there were like 25 more on the shelf. There were about 30 of the Windu. Today there were none. Possibly checking a Walmart with limited stock tomorrow.
    edited January 2012
    Pcirone
    Stumbled across one in levittown. Think it might have been a return or something. I don't remember seeing this on clearance at Target before, just at Wally's. Not much left there other than sw advent and pq pyramid and portals and atlantis mech.
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Picked up 3 apple tree house at 50% off yesterday. That was the only clearance Lego that the store had. Must have just found them in the back I'm guessing.
    Went by 3 Targets today and yesterday. All the clearance Lego was gone. No way they sold it.
    They've been salvaged. Never went past 50%,
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Anyone check their Goodwill stores yet?
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    Found a new one in my area and they are now gone... I bought one and the other two vanished while I was in the store... 7741 Police Helicopter for $4.98 and the DCPI is 204-00-0188
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    @sidersdd I haven't seen any Lego at 4 different Goodwill stores
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    I have heard that Goodwill no longer sells toys in its stores. They put them all on their own auction site.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,932
    ^--- and good luck getting 'deals' on the auction site.. I'm sure you may get lucky sometimes, but most LEGOs go for eBay prices on Goodwill's site, PLUS they break up massive lots, which then go for a lot more than they should..
    The plus side is it is for a good cause and maybe that is why prices get up that high.
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    I've seen Lego several times at Goodwill recently. I grabbed the Republic Frigate for $40 last week.
    The LEGO clearance by me disappeared as well. I was being patient waiting for it to go below 50% off but I guess it either sold (doubtful) or it was sent to goodwill. I'm talking dozens of the $100 PQ and Atlantis sets here, not just a couple.
    I managed to snag 1 of each for $50 but was hoping to get some more for cheaper. They are great parts packs to say the least!
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Since they disappeared from Target, I thought I'd check out Goodwill today. Saw 1 Pyramid and a few Atlantis Portals for $30 each.
    It's a shame they tear up the boxes where the price sticker was. Still, it's the 70% Target wasn't willing to hit. :)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    I was able to grab two pyramids, and seven SW Advent calendars at 70 percent off last week. I'm in south Miami. I returned two days later, and thieves had raided all the boxes that remained in the clearance aisle :(
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    OC and LA got rid of their clearance stuff :( Sadly they had it still on the books....... I so wanted the pyramid for ... $30, though when I grilled them it turns out they had them on the books for $25 BUT they officially didn't exist :(
    The employees get the good stuff I'm pretty sure of it. I know it's store policy that they can't but...
  • VorpalVorpal Member Posts: 11
    Where does Target put the clearance LEGO?

Wal mart seems to either leave it on the normal LEGO shelves, or else on the toy clearance aisle (easy to find). Target seems to have a much more haphazard approach, with LEGO's scattered all over: Friends are in one place, normal legos in another, the series 6 CMF in yet a 3rd place, and the boardmages for LEGO in a 4th place (understandable).

I looked around for a clearance aisle/shelf but didn't see one. It's not that 'Bodega' area, is it?

The last target I went too had TONS of stock, well organized, with lots of things I thought were discontinued, gone: the creator lighthouse, SW advent calendar, white cap bay, HP Knight Bus, etc. All rang up at full price however.
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    @Vorpal If you didn't see a clearance section it's highly lightly that it was already "cleared out".
    ^^ yes, clearances are gone . . .
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I had a surprising find at Target tonight: 4 of the holiday LEGO gift card sets. They were in a wagon that an employee was using to restock the shelves. Very random. Here are some other photos of the new Star Wars sets on the shelves at Target:

http://brickupdate.com/2012-star-wars-lego-sets-arrive-at-target/
    Target by me has cleared out their LEGO. I suspect that they sent their LEGO out to other retailers like TJ Maxx or (from what one reads on here) they were sent to Goodwill. Has anyone confirmed that this is what happens?
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I was in Target and glanced at the tag for an empty spot. It was for the T-6 Jedi Shuttle at $17.98. It looks like the same sort of unannounced clearance I got Whitecap Bay on. Anyhow, there aren't any left round here but I thought it might help someone else out.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    I was in Target and glanced at the tag for an empty spot. It was for the T-6 Jedi Shuttle at $17.98. It looks like the same sort of unannounced clearance I got Whitecap Bay on. Anyhow, there aren't any left round here but I thought it might help someone else out.
    Was the tag red or yellow? I saw a yellow tag that was marked for the Alien Conquest Mothership at $12.98. The shelf was empty, but a week later the shelf space was refilled with the mothership at full price.