Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Target Clearance (In-Store / YMMV)

Comments

• BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @intromission - I've never seen 90% toys, unless they're marked down with the holiday schedule.

Weirdly, I have seen a couple random toys marked down 80-85%, but that hasn't been part of a widespread clearance; it has been one-off items that were either .com returns or returns from other Target stores.

Brent
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    Here is what I got from local target, all 50%.
    scorpion pyramids x2
    Portal of Atlantis x3
    Fountain of youth x1

One of the store still have hogwarts castle but not marked downed at all. Found MVR for $50 at TJ Maxx but didn't pull the trigger.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,932
    ^--- I would say if you found the MVR for $50 that is a good deal.

I found a Target by me with about 15 pyramids, so I picked up one for 50% off.

• BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    Whatever the percentages are, I've *NEVER* seen them do more than 3 (three) markdowns on toys(or most other items). From what I've seen and heard some areas are on a 30/50/70 and others are on a 15/30/50 depending upon where you are. One other point, is anything on the last markdown is around for a week, maybe two at most and it's then GONE. They'll box it up and send it on to whichever salvage destination it's going to, Goodwill or a odd lots type chain. I've notice that the last few years clearance does NOT follow hard and fast rules regarding timing or percentages per say. By this I mean that you used to be able to count on the fact if you found an item clearance at one store, it'd be the same % off and on the same timing as well elsewhere. These days different locations can or may not be on clearance even, let alone the on the same timing or percentages. I've seen sets that folks here tell us we've gotten on clearance that are on the new shelf set-up @rrp to be carried further into the year. Things are more.. variable than they used to be.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    For what it is worth, in many places it is illegal to charge a different price than the item is marked for. Then again, that may not apply to generic 70% off signs for a shelf, but if the 70% off says for a specific item, then they have to honor the price.

I've gotten some killer deals over the years by enforcing this, but they will only do it for qty 1 of the item, then they change the shelf sign. Once got a $500 item at Best Buy that was marked on the shelf for $99. The manager squirmed and hemmed and hawed over it, and I simply said "the shelf sign clearly says $99.99 with the name of that item, will you sell me one or not". He finally said "yea, I'll do it, for one of them", then ripped the sign off the shelf and tore it up right in front of me, turned to the cashier and said, "do it for $99 for one of them" and stormed off.

He wasn't happy, but he did the right thing. Could have been nicer about it to me, but his anger was not directed at me, that was clear, he was pissed that his employees made the mistake in the first place.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    @pcirone, glad to see there are other clearance shoppers like me who "organize" the shelves. I mean, those boxes get beat up. So a little organization can go a long way towards keeping them from tiny-tot puncture wounds!

I'm def. seeing a regional movement on the clearance prices. Seems the mid-west (like Minn) and the north east (like New York) are moving towards the 70% off sooner than where I am now (Miami, or the south east).

Btw, found 12 more HP "The Labs" on Sunday (Jan 15th). They are no longer in the system, so save receipts, as some are still showing up from the storage rooms.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    Mine had portal of atlantis and sphinx for 50% off, the rest was still 30%
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Found Whitecap Bay for $20 at Target today. Not clearance, in LEGO aisle with regular price tag.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @Jenni that's an awesome find! I think you win the 'Whitecap' award with that one. I'll be surprised if anyone ever beats that.
    It's hard to imagine anyone beating it, don't know what they were thinking but I hope your local store manager thinks that way too :)
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    I have only found Whitecap on sale at one store out of a dozen and it was still $59, so I passed on it
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    I presently have a manager holding a Whitecap Bay for me and doing some "investigating." I told him I had heard about this clearance all over and a manager at another store seemed to think it was Target-wide. I had spent about 45 minutes looking for their last clearance priced stock only to find it was the floor model from the plastic case. Crossing my fingers on this one.
    I noticed at Target today that there isn't a place for Whitecap Bay any more, which kind of explains the discount, but not why they just changed the price on the tag without advertising it in any way.

Found a City of Atlantis at half price but that was it today. Checked Black Pearls wherever I went but nothing doing.
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    @legofanstexas Oh I wasn't trying to say that they were charging folks more per say, just that not every store is marking them the same price OR marking them down at the same time even. As I also mentioned I've seen folks post here that the Black Pearl is clearanced at their local store whereas the one I shop the most at has it at msrp aka rrp (regular retail price). The way I understand it Target's prices 'may vary upon local retail conditions' or words to that effect, nothing unusual about that tho.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Every Target I've checked this week has sold all their Lego save for the Pyramids.
    LA is mostly wiped out of the Pyramids since they went to 50% or better. Still quite a few Portal of Atlantis though. Other than that, Target has been super picked over with nothing left in terms of clearance.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2012
    LA isn't anywhere near wiped out of the pyramid sets. Commerce, Santa Fe and Inglewood have them piled high. Commerce especially - close to three dozen as of Sunday.
    To clarify, I'm in the LA Southbay and speaking for Redondo, Manhattan, Torrance, Carson, etc. Been stalking the Targets a lot since there's only 1 Walmart around here.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    Was shocked to find a Portal of Atlantis today at 50%. Most the other Targets by me were wiped of all toy stock last week.

Tammy
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Still LOTs of Pyramids and Portal of Atlantis everywhere I go. I really do hope the Pyramid drops at least 70% off.
  • sturner26sturner26 Member Posts: 19
    Was hoping to get Portal at 50%. but all three of my Targets were wiped out at 30%. Still a few Pyramids at 50%, but I'm not biting.
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    I hear you... I can't see buying the pyramid at 50% but at 70% I want one bad ;)
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @sturner26, @ludzik, I thought so too, but my son and I built it while he was off school Monday (and several other PQs we got at 50% off). Tthey are great sets, I am not sure why they are so unpopular.
    Well... I'm after it for the parts and mainly the base plate :)
    ^fair enough
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 344
    Finally found a Whitecap Bay, first time seeing it since the clearance started, and found it at 70% off. The item was not marked with a clearance sticker, and was sitting on the regular Lego aisle. This was in Central VA.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Checked more NW wal marts no luck all at rrp.
    @davidbrickley WB for $24, that's an awesome find! Best I found was $30 at Walmart. But Jenni is still holding on to the WB-Award at $20 (75% off).
    What do I have to do to find this Whitecap deal??? Man! The one Target in the area that has them doesn't seem to want to follow the rest.

Wanted to share some info. Tonight I stopped into Target before food shopping and the stacks of pyramids and portals are all still there. As I looked at the shelf in amazement an older guy who was restocking walked by and I had to ask "Will these ever go to 70%? They've been here for weeks." He said they might and advised that if I did buy and it were to go 70% I can have the price adjusted as long as it is within 14 days and accompanied by a receipt. I wasn't aware Target did this willingly. I forgot to ask whether the item had to be in stock. It also made me wonder whether that price adjustment period would factor into the length of time it stays at 50%.
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    I wonder which one is a better set, portal or pyramids. My target still have some left and I might buy a few more if it goes to 70%. I am thinking pyramids over portal as it seems to be more playable.
    @pumperx: Just IMO but same as you, I prefer the Pyramid in terms of playability. But if its for use as a set for parts, I prefer the Portal. The stairs, gates, gold pieces, black rails, and variety of other parts in range of colors. Much more versatile than a bunch of sand colored slopes.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    The pyramid was a fun build. You'll enjoy it. I'm looking for some of the AC Striker sets to boost up my troop totals.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    @intromission: I think the guy you spoke to gave you some bad advise. Target NEVER price adjusts clearance. I used to work at Target for 7 years.
    @bosstone100 I didn't have the Striker and was finding it nowhere (and I mean that, not in 20 different stores) found two today at a TRU but not on the shelf, they'd migrated to the polybags and somewhere else, I don't remember.

Went to the last Target in town (for me to visit), they had about 40 PQ Pyramids at 50% off, surely they're going to be reduced.

I've still been finding Cars stuff at Target this week. A friend's 3-year-old is about to move from Duplo to Lego so I've been helping her search. However she took him to Target today and all he wants is Friends.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    @intromission My experience at least has been that Target customer service will not price adjust clearance items. I have had to re-buy things and then return things on the old receipt.

I returned to the Target that I have been scouting out. It was pretty picked clean from the drop to 50%. There were two beaten up SW Advent Calendars, a couple Ninjago arenas, several Ninjago packs, and loads of Scarab Attacks. All the nicer sets that were there last Wednesday were gone. No portals or pyramids to clog the inventory at this Target (northern Indiana).
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Went to a local Target tonight and was surprised to see a bunch of HP poly bags.. so I scan them and they come up as $0.00 ... I bring them to the cashier and he won't sell them to me. He basically confiscated them and said they were being salvaged, and I am not allowed to buy them. I was very annoyed, I mean I can understand that's what they do, but if a customer is able to find them "for sale" on a peg then let them buy it. I walked away from all the other 50% off sets I had on the conveyor belt I was so mad. I showed him.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    I walked away from all the other 50% off sets I had on the conveyor belt I was so mad. I showed him.
    Haha, way to go! Cool story bro. I love hearing about the downtrodden sticking it to the man...errr, the scanners, those evil people with all their...scanning and then probably riding around in brand new city buses to and from work flaunting those big paychecks. Get her!
    They are the 1%!
    @pcirone The HP Poly's have been out of the system for over a week now but they always input $.39 cents for me no problem when I do find them. Oh well, with so many stores there will always be some random manager deciding to make their own unique decisions -- just like the lady last week who put a limit on what I could buy.
    @pcirone I like your style!
    I checked out couple more chicago area walmarts and no joy..... Pyramid at 50% :( I'll be in MN on Monday..... hopefully something there... or maybe my OC (CA) Targets will drop them to 70% this weekend ;)
    @ludzik Let us know what you find at the OC Targets, I might want to stop by at those too but its out of the way.
    will do... I'm not back in town till late Friday... unless the snow storm keeps me in Chicago through the night.
    I'm in LA and heading down to SD Sat-Sun, was planning to stop by all the Targets and Walmarts along the way up or down. So very good timing actually, if you make it out of Chicago that is.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I went back to the Target that I was at yesterday. There was no change in the percentage for the clearance, but then nothing sent to salvage either. Will they or won't they go down another level?
    They sure had a lot of Scarab Attacks.
    Haven't seen anything in any of the OC Targets save pyramids and Atlantis stuff since last week. I don't go out of my way to hit Targets anymore, however, as anything of significance is a very rare find.

Already hit every Walmart from LA to San Diego -- taking both the 15 and the 5 ;) But hey, maybe they got new inventory???

Laguna and Foothill really weren't doing any sales last I checked. Huntington Beach didn't have anything on sale yesterday.

Family is heading down to San Diego this weekend as well. Probably will at least pick up some HP Expresses while I'm there since they appear to be sold out everywhere else.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    A couple weeks ago I got a Whitecap Bay at Target for 50% off making it $44 with tax. I'm sure there is someone else who wants it more than I do. If someone is willing to pay the shipping, I'll sell it for what I paid for it.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited January 2012
    Nothing in the Minneapolis area except pyramids and portals @ 50% off. Looks like everyone picked everything off Thursday and the following day last week.

Saw stacks of emperor palpatine's shuttle (10) in a rural walmart though. Always give those far out locations a try. Seems like Targets don't exist in these areas though.
    @Russell844, i sent you a message. i am raising both hands, if no one else has already.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,987
    @bor2112, I didn't get your message, but if you PM me your ZIP code I'll figure out the shipping cost.