Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Target Clearance (In-Store / YMMV)

Comments

• momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    LFT.....New Lenox, IL they are waiting for you :O)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I actually picked up on the pyramids early on in the sale. But after seeing the volume left at various stores, I felt it was better to return as it would be a very long time before it would even recover to RRP on the secondary market.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I left 15 PQ sets at wally world today, I agree those will take awhile. Did pickup one of the big PQ pyramid, but that was it.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    @BTHodgeman, the PQ Scorpions Pyramid was well stocked in outstate MN, too. Not just in the Twin Cities. I am waiting for that one to hit 50-70% off, just to gain some raised base plates :) Btw, thanks on the info about Target "salvaging" out the extra inventory.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2012
    This Target is going to have to do more than 30% off on this one... lol

Brent

Same exact thing at my Target. Except right next to that is an endcap with the same number of Portal of Atlantis next to it. Oh, and there are dozens more of both piled in the clearence aisle. Yet they marked down the handful of Hogwarts Castles to 50% off yesterday. Go figure.

I'm waiting for 75% off and then I'll pick up one of each. I bet they go that low.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited January 2012
    ^ Man, wish I could find Hogwarts Castle at 50% off. Or even 30%.
    I just hope they wait one more week (which they won't), so I can have fun with my paycheck!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    I had picked up a pyramid at Walmart for 50% a few months ago. Just got lucky. Of course, I received half the PQ sets for Xmas and then decided to finish it off including the two polybags and 5-7 battle packs. (same thing happened with Atlantis and I just ordered the last three sets I need. Damn collecting gene)
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Here's a good way to recoup about half of your Whitecap Bay set cost (assuming you're able to find it for ~$50):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-PIRATES-CARIBBEAN-WHITECAP-BAY-SYRENA-MERMAID-MINIFIGS-LOT-/120837601043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c227b7713&autorefresh=true

I'm constantly impressed by how much minifigs can command in the secondary market. Crazy minifig people. lol
  • drewsbudrewsbu Member Posts: 28
    Man, I'm kinda bummed. I have 2 targets by me. A ghetto one, and a upper class target. The ghetto targets sells junk lego sets and have a bad selection. The target located in the wealthier part of town has a really nice collection and I went there today and they had no clearance at all. Full retail. I was kinda pissed. So I went to target online and bought the train station set for $39.99(normally $49.99) and used a 10% promo code I found online and used my target card and got another 5% off.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    I wish I could find a hogwarts castle at any % off as well!!! One walmart has 2 left, full price, and one target has 1 left at full price :(
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I found white cap pay at target for 30% I'm happy, now to go return the one I paid full retain for at the Lego store
    Man, I'm kinda bummed. I have 2 targets by me. A ghetto one, and a upper class target. The ghetto targets sells junk lego sets and have a bad selection. The target located in the wealthier part of town has a really nice collection and I went there today and they had no clearance at all. Full retail. I was kinda pissed. So I went to target online and bought the train station set for $39.99(normally $49.99) and used a 10% promo code I found online and used my target card and got another 5% off.
    Can you please share the 10% promo code, or a pointer to it? Thanks.
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Would anyone be willing to grab me a clearance Hogwarts castle?. I would be willing to pay a hundred. Cant seem to find any even 10% off
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    What is curious to me is that Target.com keeps lowering the prices on some of the OOS Lego sets on clearance (like Freeco Speeder and Droid Tri-Fighter today). I have them saved in my cart list, which is how I know. I wonder if there is any chance of getting a store to honor these prices since the items are OOS on-line?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I stopped at Target today and checked out the Lego section. The clearance is moving very slowly. We are only at 15-30%. It is mostly PQ and Atlantis. I am not interested in either. I don't know if they will go to 70% or not, but they sure had a ton of the big sets.
    Our TGT was the same way on Friday. I plan to check back this week to see if they are beginning to get motivated to move them. I won't consider them unless they are at least 50% off...perhaps more depending on the set.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    @malachirobertson, Target stores will not honor online prices, clearance or otherwise.
  • mrpolemrpole Member Posts: 15
    Is there anyone who can find these pyramids and portals on clearance help a brutha out? If so, please email me at [email protected]
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    My Target is awful on clearance prices still, they had 2 advent calendars that were still $29!!!!! I don't think the LEGO will be going 50% with the rest of the toys this year, I may be shocked but my store doesn't seem to be interested in dropping the prices right now
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I was Lego hunting in N. San Diego yesterday at Target and found a Whitecap Bay with sticker at 30% off. Went to check out and it rang up as 50% off. Needless to say I grabbed an extra and left the last one there for a lucky kid (or another AFOL). Grabbed the last Isle de Muerta which was also 50% but no sticker to indicate any discount before scanning. So stay vigilant everyone, 50% at Target is still possible. Tons of Pyramid and Atlantis Portal at 30% btw.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Hit a lot of that area last week, but mostly Walmarts given Target hasn't really gone to their next pricing yet. Today I saw a lot of toys at 50% and 70% off -- not Lego, however.

Strangely I have found a few Whitecaps at 50% as well.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    50% off whitecap bay?? I just bought mine the other day at 30% off! Darn.
    was able to find three of the Target Lego gift card this week, and about 10 of the HP "the lab" polys at 39 cents, too (back stock finally put out). Like @BrickDancer said, stay vigilant... :) it pays off :)

and also check the prices each day on the instore price scanners. What the clearance stickers on the boxes say and what the price rings up at are not definately equal.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    No Whitecap Bays. Everything still at 30%. Yes, the same old pyramids and portals. Haha. Tons of them. I wonder when they will put two and two together?
    I went to a Target in northern Indiana. I was hoping to see some movement in the discounts with this being mid-week. Alas, no movment. Signs still say 30%. One scanned even at 15% (Slave 1). White-cap Bay at full price.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Today, along the way the particular Target near me that has 15+ Pyramids, I made a pact with myself that if they had dropped to $50 then I would grab one. If not, then I wouldn't make a return trip to this store.

$70. No pyramid for me! I'm not terribly heartbroken about it, either.
    Found a few Targets today that have gone to 50%. Picked up some SW, HP and PotC sets but left all the Atlantis and Pyramids. There are just stacks of these sets at every Target just about.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    My target has *41* (that I saw) pyramids.. I grabbed a manager and offered to take a bunch at the right price but he was a little perturbed that I wasn't happy at $69.99. Oh well, I guess time will tell.
    RE: Whitecap Bay...If I've seen them at stores should I assume they will eventually go to 50% or is that going to vary from store to store? This goes for Walmart & Target.
  • drewsbudrewsbu Member Posts: 28
    Can you please share the 10% promo code, or a pointer to it? Thanks.

Sorry, I thought someone would have googled "target promo code" I always google search promo codes for any website I'm about to buy from.

10% Target Promo Code: TGTHTT5Z
    @intromission Target has them for 50% and Walmart has them for 30% off. I stopped buying them at 30% but they are a rare find at Target.
    edited January 2012
    ^^ Thanks. I'd seen the $5 off $50 and $7 off $70 all over the place, but not a % one.
    Thanks gmpirate. Unfortunately, I've had little luck with the exception of one Walmart which had it at $59 and I passed. Seen them in various stores (both Target and Walmart) but all rang up full price.
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    edited January 2012

Sorry, I thought someone would have googled "target promo code" I always google search promo codes for any website I'm about to buy from.

10% Target Promo Code: TGTHTT5Z
    Thank you for posting - I just ordered MMV, 10% off from the code, 5% off from my RedCard, free shipping, and $24 in forgotten giftcards (found in a purse I hadn't used for a while!), total oop $68. Plus 3% back in ebates later. Very happy!
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    The Target in Wilsonville, OR increased the discount this morning.
    I got the Dojo, a Garmadon spinner and an Atlantis Strider for 50% off.
    Meteor Strike was down to $6ish.
    There were a number of Cars sets as well in the 50% off section.
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    For target clearance, an item always goes in a 3-step discount. Most regular toys go 30/50/70%, but Legos (almost) always go 15/30/50... You can look at the top right corner of the clearance sticker to see the percentage amount, so you know that if the bottom sticker has a "15," it will only go to 50%... They never ever go more than 3 steps, but once in a blue moon you'll find a lonely set that was probably coded wrong and will be 30/50/70... The poly bags are a different story because those are considered holiday.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    edited January 2012
    @Little3Piggies - what are you basing your statements on? I have seen plenty of cases where toys go 15/30/50/75* (*75 historically ... now 70).

I bought over a dozen City Advent calendars that followed the 15/30/50/75 schedule last year...

I agree that toys rarely go past 70 because Target can "salvage" them for more.

Brent
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 344
    I too saw sets from Harry Potter and PoP hit the75% mark last summer. Maybe things have changed since?
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    @Little3Piggies - what are you basing your statements on? I have seen plenty of cases where toys go 15/30/50/75* (*75 historically ... now 70).

I bought over a dozen City Advent calendars that followed the 15/30/50/75 schedule last year...

I agree that toys rarely go past 70 because Target can "salvage" them for more.

Brent
    I am basing these facts on my years & years of watching clearance toys at target. Daily. Multiple stores. I can guarantee you that a specific toy that started at 15% did not end at 75%. I too eagerly awaited those advent calendars last year, and they were salvage at the end of 50%, on the day all the other toys went to 75%.
    Like i said, some sets may have been found at 70/75% off, but they would have started at 30%...

You may be able to "guarantee" that at stores in your area, but I can guarantee you that I got advent calendars at 75% off and they started at 15% off.

I usually pull clearance stickers off the boxes right away, but I will check and see if I left any on these boxes.

Brent
  • mterr1mterr1 Member Posts: 14
    Final markdown today, got 70% off whitecap bay and the Mill, 50% off only on the big sets.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    I have a good feeling both of your experiences differed and only further demonstrates the inconsistencies in the stores that have been driving us nuts. To think someone already purchased a certain set at 70% off while the majority of us see it at 30%.

I've been stopping by Targets almost every other day since Christmas and I think my savings in a clearance Lego set has already been spent on gas.
    lol. i hear ya adol7. my experience has been the same with target. what makes it harder for me is that whitecap bay is no longer an item you can "find in store" through target's website. one store i frequent told me over the phone they had clearanced the last one at $23. guess i missed that. another store told me they had 3 but none were in clearance mode and would be in the system through winter, thus @ full retail. the thrill of finding something is losing its appeal, at least in my area where I'm not seeing anything reaching 50% even with a lot of stock.
    I went to a Target today. They had a lot of stuff 50% off, but only 1-2 of each set.

They also had a POTC London Escape (4193) at "50% off" for $30.49. Apparently this store's regular price was $60.99....

Brent
    edited January 2012
    Just a little insight into possible variation in clearance. Spoke to a manager at one store that had the 3 Whitecaps at full price. He said something about plan-o-grams and buyers reviewing what was in stock and the system having some sort of signal to alert stores as to when to clearance an item depending on numbers left. He also mentioned there could be differences in how the newer Targets with food markets clear stuff out. Some employees seem pretty clueless as well being that that another store I called said that the Lego never got past 25% before it sold out. Someone on ToysnBricks cites this VERY store TODAY as having stock at 50%. May be best to just check the stores in person.
    I think some items are clearance nearly chain wide. A lot of the items that were on clearance on the website went on clearance later in the store. Were some of these POTC sets may be not so widespread in discounting? Just a thought.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    London Escape was also 30.xx here, marked 50% off. The Mill and Apple Tree House scanned at full price. No whitecap bays.
    edited January 2012
    found an HP "the lab" today. A bit shocked, but a few have shown up at the registers in Miami. Anyway, the item is no longer listed in the system - ie, the holiday items that had been marked down 90% were no longer in the system tonight. A clear conversation with the checkout person, stating it was part of the Christmas items, and they punched the .39 cents in.

I'm only mentioning this find, though, because it looks like a portion of the holiday pricing is now off the books... and yet the advent calendars at my store are still only 15% off (shakes head and ask yoda santa to use the force on the pricing).
    I saw this on SlickDeals. It made me wonder if there will be any Lego sets left to discount down to 70% off:

"If you didn't rush, you're probably already too late. I stopped by the local target last night and the clearance lego selection was pretty decent. Lots of StarWars, several city sets, some Atlantis and Pharaoh Quest.

Went to the same store this morning and they were all wiped out. Just the odd Atlantis and Pharaoh left. All the city and StarWars were gone."

There were other posts along these lines too.
    How would folks suggest handling series 5 minifigures that are ringing up at 1.19 when you can clearly see a higher 70% off clearance sticker underneath at 39 cents. Seems it was at 70% and is now at 50%. Do I just peel off the latest sticker and try to get 70%? Odd. Interested in the dwarves and gladiators.

Looks like the elusive Whitecap Bay for $23 was nowhere to be found. Showed 1 in stock and I looked just about everywhere. Wish I had been aware they had started a whole other clearance aisle in another part of the store when I visited earlier in the week. Its possible the last one had been snatched and the system hadn't updated.