Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

EXPIRED: [US] Target Clearance (In-Store / YMMV)

OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
edited March 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just a heads-up that I have returned from one of my Target stores and Whitecap Bay (4194) scanned at $55.98. It's not advertised and there was no clearance sticker on it. Might be worth checking if you find yourself at a Target anytime soon.

Louisville, KY

Comments

• Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I'm not sure if I've checked that set specifically, but I have been checking the BP and QAR, as well as some of the smaller sets, at Target hoping to find some on sale, but haven't had any hits yet...all have been full price.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Your observations fall in line with mine too, which is why it was a bit of a shocker when it scanned at that discount. None of the other PotC seems to be reduced. Not only that, but of all the Lego sets that ARE on "clearance" it was by far the best discount I've seen. Most of them have been just 10-15% off.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Question. Why does Target not announce such sales? Its obvious Lego collectors will go rushing to empty the aisles before time runs out.
  • CCLINCCLIN United StatesMember Posts: 23
    I've came across 2 Whitecap bays last month at 30% off (pre-Christmas, passed on both since I already had one), and haven't seen many since in either Target or Walmart stores around Raleigh. So might be YMMV indeed.

A little off-topic, did stumble across a Hogwarts last night at Target randomly placed behind some non-LEGO toys, and rung up for only $15. So some of the HP sets may be YMMV too...
  • DKissingerDKissinger Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2012
    ^^ when it comes to target it differs per store based on each stores left over stock so if an item is not being carried forward for the next set and the store has a lot remaining then that store will make it clearence item.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    One Target I visit has probably 30 Scorpion Pyramids. Only 15% off. There really is nothing else left LEGOwise on the shelves.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,367
    ^ Ours are bare too, I did finally manage to find an Apple Tree House at 30% off and noticed that in some stores PQ was 30% off and I think I even saw a Ninjago set for 50% off, so they seem to be continuing to decrease the prices of sets as they fail to sell.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Yea, Targets are pretty random. Picked up a Hogwarts Express on clearance at one the other day. I've picked up three Apple Trees so far that I've seen although I really have not actively been hitting Targets -- waiting for the 70% clearance.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I went into a Target today, looking for polybags on sale...

The Lego isle was... bare... nothing but a few damaged boxes, looked like they didn't even carry Lego, with the sole exception of an endcap of Friends.

Otherwise, nothing but a few damaged sets, everything else was gone.

Freakish...
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    The polybags were all in the holiday aisle at Target. I went back and checked a few today to see if any of the polys had dropped to 90%, but there were absolutely none to be seen. There was a healthy amount of other sets, but the discounts were unremarkable...mostly 15%.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @Pacific493 - same situation here. Targets were pretty loaded with the polybags (especially HP) when they were 50% off... but as soon as thr stores droppes to 70%, they disappeared instantly.

I am still finding an occasional misplaced 1-3 in stores. Check the front check out aiales where they hang the other polybags. I havw found a few of the HP bags up there.

Brenr
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,740
    I just picked up a Whitecap Bay at my Target tonight for 50% off, $39.99, with no clearance sticker. There were two left.
    ^ very cool, grats.
    Found some Whitecap's today for $50 at one Target. Need at least 50% to pull the trigger with a set like this.

Still a lot of sets to pick up at Target once they discount again. 15 to 30% of their higher prices don't work right now.

Picked up 25 HP poly's for $1.04 (some were at 1.14 & 1.24 go figure) and 3 Target Practice. Target Practice I get, but the HP's will probably just be good Birthday Party favors. Plenty more HP's too.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Almost bare LEGO aisle. Series 5 minifigures on clearance for $2.54. (No more Egyptian Queen, Evil Dwarf, nor Ice Fisherman. Spent an hour looking/feeling those suckers up.) Whitecap Bay at $55. Nothing in the holiday section. Star Wars polybags at the front of the store. Loose instructions and bits and pieces of polybags strewn in different areas of the toy area.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    Target lowers toy clearence prices to the next % off on Wednesdays, so be on the look out tomorrow. Some stores might go 50% on toys. YMMV.
    Target lowers toy clearence prices to the next % off on Wednesdays, so be on the look out tomorrow. Some stores might go 50% on toys. YMMV.
    Heard it was coming next Wed. All the same I will pop in one or two tomorrow to be safe ;)
    Heard it was coming next Wed. All the same I will pop in one or two tomorrow to be safe ;)
    I've noticed stores in nice areas stay at 30% pretty long; in poorer neighborhood, they go to 50% faster. There's a Target near me in a pretty bad neighborhood that is piled high with LEGO on clearance that isn't moving at 30%.
    That's pretty much what I've noticed as well -- same with Wallmarts. It was a joke with me and my boys that the ugly stores had the best deals/inventory.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 35
    @CCLIN you stumbled on to someone else's stash, they were hiding it away and watiing for it to keep going down.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Went into a different Target than my normal few last night to grab some items, and, of course, checked the Lego section. Came away with a Ramses Pyramid and Ramses Return for around $5 and a couple of Satellite Launch Pads at $10. Nothing else on sale but they did have the new Ninjago spinners.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Targets in the St. Louis area are wiped out. One was restocking with Friends, Superheroes and new City this morning. All clearance was WAY gone.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Just came back from a Target in Los Angeles, regular or new sets not restocked yet and all clearance items were still at same discounts (i.e. 15% mostly). And that's for the very few sets they have left, such as Portal of Atlantis.
    My Target has at least two dozen each of Portal of Atlantis and Pharoah's Quest pyramids, not to mention plenty Harry Potter sets, older Ninjago, City Marina, Cars and City Space. Still at 30% off, though. Another week fo 50...
    ^

Same here on the Atlantis and PQ big sets. I will probably bite on the pyramid if I see it for 50% next week. I counted 12 of them in stock today priced at 30% off, so we'll see if the stock lasts until next week. I imagine they will.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Found an Apple Tree House for $28 and a Blacksmith set for $8.84 but that's it. All of our PotC sets and HP sets were still MSRP, unfortunately.
    I also found 2 Apple Tree Houses at a local Target.

Word of warning... At least at my Target, they are not "coded" as clearance (i.e. when you price scan the item, it shows now "was" price... just the current $28 price). Because of that, I would not expect this set to have any further price drops.

Brent
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    My local Target was already out of any clearance items, except two scorpion pyramid sets at 15% off. They did have an end cap for the pinkish "Friends" sets (which was located on the aisle for dolls rather than LEGO), a bunch of new Ninjago and City sets, plus several Batman sets.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    @Ma1234 - Are you a Target employee, or just speaking from experience? Can anyone confirm this? I happened by a Target on Tuesday and saw pretty much what other posters have described w/ 30% off on some sets. Was thinking of heading back today or tomorrow, but if next Wednesday is the likely day they drop to 50%, then that sure would save me a lot of time dropping into Targets over the next several days.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 35
    Here is a link to a forum for Target clearance, http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?230858-Perimeter-Perusing-at-Target-(Target-Clearance-Deals)-Q4-2011
    @Ma1234 - Are you a Target employee, or just speaking from experience? Can anyone confirm this? I happened by a Target on Tuesday and saw pretty much what other posters have described w/ 30% off on some sets. Was thinking of heading back today or tomorrow, but if next Wednesday is the likely day they drop to 50%, then that sure would save me a lot of time dropping into Targets over the next several days.
    That's just the general rule of thumb for Target, as published on many deal websites. While its reliable, it's not a hard and fast rule. One thing you can always do to save time is have the DCPI number of a particular set handy and call the store ahead of time. If you give them this number, they can tell you if it was in stock at the start of the day (it won't take into account any sold since they opened) and the price.

And speaking of exceptions to the rule, a Target near mine marked some LEGO sets to 50% off today, including the large Hogwarts Castle for only $65. But most was still just 15-30% off.
    ^ nice find on the Castle
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Vancouver Wa target had 30% from 15% and found some polys at 75% off.
    Some Targets have gone to 90% off as of today. If you can still find the Christmas polybags, they will now be $.39 for the HP one and $.34 for the Kingdoms one... IF your store has gone to 90%.

I have heard that Jan 11 is the "salvage" date for Target. After that date, any remaining Christmas items will be marked back up to full price and donated to Goodwill, etc.

Brent
  • slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
    The Target I checked out today in MI was at 30% off LEGO....slow.
    Let me clarify my above post... Some Targets have gone to 90% off on *Christmas* items.

The highest I have seen for toys is 70% off the no-brand (Kidz or something??) items that were mostly $10-15.

I am starting to see some items go to 50% off. LEGO is still 15-30% everywhere I have checked.

Brent
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    yeah, the pricing for Target must be varying by store, or region. example, I picked up two of the Hogwarts Castle at 50% off in Willmar, MN. I am now in south Miami, Fl, and that set has not been marked down at all. Same with other sets.

In Minnesota, found them at 30-50% off... tonight in Miami, 15-30% off clearance sets. most of the sets are the same in the two states, but not all the sets are. Just hoping the Advent calendar hits 70% off down here.

Also, found the HP poly down here at the $1.19 price... was hoping it would be the 39 cent price, like I found ninjago after Halloween.

I'll update if I find the HP poly for 39 cents down here.
    @krklint - there is speculation that some stores may not go to 90% this year.

Also, stores up here are out of City Advent. Most stores still some some SW Advent, but I don't expect them to make it past 50%.

Brent
    If you are looking for more advent calendars, give the Willmar, MN store a call. I stopped in there on Wed. evening... advent calendar was at 30% off... and they had about 10 of them in stock. I just couldn't buy everything... and placed all my marbles in the 50% off Hogwarts Castles. Note, that store is out of Hogwarts Castles ;)
    Thanks - I want more, but they'd have to have way more than 10 (and be 70% off) for me to drive 100 miles each way for them :)

Thanks again,
    Brent
    Target in Miami went 90% off Christmas today. Scored 4 Target Practices and 7 HP polys for a grand total of under $4.00 :) For those wondering, the toy aisle (filled with abused Lego boxes) was still at 15%-30% off.

Happy Hunting everyone!
    I've been to a couple of Targets recently. Both have aisles/sections for 50% off, and several LEGO sets are there. But they are marked and scanned at only 15%. I brought this to the attention of one of the workers at one Target and he simply said - "Hmmm... some moron put them in the wrong section." He didn't bother to move them either. At the other Target the worker didn't see it as much of an issue either and said "... well, the sign does say 'Price as marked.'"
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Target has been very inconsistent for the sale. Went back to one today and some discounts were improved. Picked up 3 x Hoth Battles at $29.48 (30% off), Kingdoms Target Practice for $0.40 or so. Still tons of Atlantis stuff and SW Advent Calendars at $28. Still haven't seen a Bank & Money Transfer (Target Exclusive) though, even at RRP. That set has been irking me ggrrr.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I was at a Target two days ago and found Portal of Atlantis marked at 15% off but on a shelf with the big 30% off sign. The worker went away to talk to her supervisor and came back and apologized for the error, suggested I take one up to customer services and explain the issue, and then flipped the sign around so the 15% off side was showing.
    Customer service gave me 30% off (but I had to help her with the calculation).
    This Target is going to have to do more than 30% off on this one... lol

Brent
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    ^ Galactic Enforcer part deux

Last year I got 2 when they finally hit 75% off...looks like the pyramids are heading down the same path.
    That's part of the reason I returned my 50% off ones to Walmart. I think this set will definitely go to 75% 70% off at Target.

Update: Most Targets seem to be doing 15/30/50/70/(90*) this year. (*Target usually salvages toys and electronics after 70% because the salvage company will pay them around 25% of the retail price.)

Brent
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ That shelf of PQ actually is a good deal...
    I agree - its a good deal if you want the set. I have 0 interest in it other than for parts or resale, so it would have to go lower for me to bite.

Brent
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    I stopped at Target today and checked out the Lego section. The clearance is moving very slowly. We are only at 15-30%. It is mostly PQ and Atlantis. I am not interested in either. I don't know if they will go to 70% or not, but they sure had a ton of the big sets.