Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    My local Sainsburys (Marshall Lake, B90) has finally got them in stock! Well... all 5 that were left in the box. 

I've purchased what I want (so far) from WH Smiths instead, the lacklustre attitude of Tesco and Sainsbury's have done them no favours. All I'm missing now is the elusive Town police officer... :'(
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 144
    I've been finding them at several Walmart and Target stores around me this week.  (6 stores I believe) I've now found 6 cops.  I can feel through the bags quite quickly and identify now.  Except for the to balloon ones and two brick ones.  Can recognize but not between the two.  Only because those are the only 4 I haven't picked up.  Just my least favorite.  And judging by the numbers, the brick ones will be there forever.  I've picked up a few extras cause I really like them or for my kids as well.

Ironically, as I mentioned back on the 23rd with the Target that wouldn't sell them to me and pulled them from shelf, I stopped each day this week at that store (Target was closed on 1st) and they weren't out - until today.  There they finally were hanging next to the oodles of Ren ships by register.  Quick glance and I could tell there was probably at least 2 boxes of em put out.  Question was whether or not anyone pilfered the cop before I got there.  Well after feeling every bag on every aisle I found two cops so yes appears 2 boxes were put out.

So I'm probably done with S18 unless my kids want one I don't have extra of or I happen to spot a new box put out and search for cop.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 501
    Keilup said:
      I can feel through the bags quite quickly and identify now.  Except for the to balloon ones and two brick ones.  Can recognize but not between the two.  Only because those are the only 4 I haven't picked up.  
    The hair piece is what differentiates the Brick guy and gal, and 1x1 round/square tiles differentiate the balloon boy/girl...
    gmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 784
    Why are people bragging about how many cops they can find? :( Kinda mean to seek and hoard multiples of them. Just my opinion.
    I thought the same. Given the scarcity can't people just settle for one? I always have similar feelings when people go out there and buy whole boxes too, removing 60 bags from retail in one fell swoop. Of course, I have heard of one or two individuals giving spares to charity or family as presents but they're most definitely in the minority.
    madforLEGOMegtheCatJern92LukeSkywalkerbgl_84FowlerBricksMr_CrossTheOriginalSimonBCM4S
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    edited April 2018
    Why are people bragging about how many cops they can find? :( Kinda mean to seek and hoard multiples of them. Just my opinion.

"Good...Good.  Let the hate flow through you!!"
    gmonkey76Muftak1FowlerBricksYo_dA
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 144
    Nah.  Not bragging.  For me it's the fun and excitement of trying to get them since it's a challenge and excitement of the hunt and find.  It's taken extra effort, time and a little extra driving around this week to get what I did.  I'm not in it to get a bunch and try to make a killing on resale, though I know some people are. But hey to each their own.  Like I said I'm pretty much done.  Can't expend the extra time and effort any further as I have many other things to do.  Now if I happen to be in a different Target/Walmart next couple days, will I scan for Lego and feel through the bags?  Of course.  Hey it's Lego, right!?
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,308
    lol, everyone going crazy, and here, maybe it will be one more month before they appear.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 170
    Of the three I found. I keep one, One goes to a LEGO buddy at cost, and the last one for trade. At (currently going for) $30 It's hard to leave them behind. 
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 940
    I had my fun finding two randomly at Legoland when I wasn't even seeking them while I wait for my case from @MinifiguresPlus.  I won't judge anyone who goes for more than that, but for the "chase" factor diminished for after that.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 517
    I picked up 3, one for me, one for my son and one for future trade. That’s the policeman from the contents of 3 boxes just for me so it’s easy to see why people are worried about getting one and why all the panick coming from collectors. Where I live they're hard to find in general especially if it’s deemed to be a rarer figure.

People will always buy Lego to make money too for many different reasons and that doesn’t make them mean. I find it strange how many are getting so angry about the prices of the policeman at the moment especially when you see sets like the old UCS MF that used to go for £4k. Unless your very comfortable financially then those bits of profit can pay bills.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    I don't really get this Policeman fetish that's going around.  I've still got a bunch of them from the first time around (although I'm a huge fan of mini versions of Lego sets, so the little printed tile is quite cool).  The talk of hoarding is unpleasant though - thankfully we haven't seen such a thing for a while in CMF land - the decision to only include 1 per box is a bit mind boggling.

Picked up almost a full set at the Lego store in Watford yesterday (accidentally got two rocket men instead of a cactus, oops!) and it's a pretty tremendous selection... all together as a set of 17 they're almost a bit much but they are tremendous additions to the CMF family.  I look forward to seeing some very inventive uses of the brick torsos!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    edited April 2018
    I find it funny that not a single peep was uttered when the initial price for the policeman was set by a certain large seller of minifigures, but now it's unsavory for anyone else to want to get multiplies to get in on the action. 

For anyone that is interested in the knowledge, I found 4 policemen in one of the shelf hanger displays. Perhaps a ymmv, but it might be helpful to anyone looking for one (or more). I expected to find two. Four was a surprise.
    sonatine01M_BossGibbo1959BlueTaco
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,318
    Popped into my local Asda to see if I could add a few more figures. They've always had several boxes on the shelf before......

.....only 20 in the box and all in security boxes. No squeezing and no sign of the other 2/3rds of the box either. Guess that ends my trips there!
    FowlerBricksCM4SSeanTheCollector
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    ^Sadly, doesn't surprise me.  I had a go at two grotty little kids who were trying to nick some cheapo toys out of some containers the other day ( no idea what they were) - parents standing 5 metres away totally oblivious even after I'd persuaded the kids that it wasn't a good plan.  These CMFs are, I'm sure, ridiculously easy to steal - an ASDA the size of one in Watford would need a huge team of security people - bigger than they've got I'm sure - if they wanted to monitor the whole store at once!
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,469
    Yesterday I found half a dozen Ninjago and Batman Movie 2 loose on the shelves at the local Target. Customer service guy said they have 303 in the store, but was unable to locate any.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    Yesterday I found half a dozen Ninjago and Batman Movie 2 loose on the shelves at the local Target. Customer service guy said they have 303 in the store, but was unable to locate any.
    With your luck - it's 303 Simpsons S2 in a cardboard caddy...
    datsunrobbiesid3windr
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590

I'm running into the same thing at my local targets
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 89
    I first found them for sale on Monday, at a local toy store. Two already picked boxes, no policemen. I managed to feel the entire set rather quickly except for him. Also got a couple extras, but missed the brick guy by accident.
    Tried my local Toys'R'Us, but didn't waste any time on the very rummaged half empty boxes they had there. Walmart didn't have any, as has been the case with all series after the Monsters one. Went to another small store and they said to call back on Friday to see when they were getting any.
    In the meantime, I received a [email protected] order onto which I had added 9 CMFs to get to the $75 promo threshold. To my pleasant surprise, one of them was the policeman! Oh, and I also got the missing brick guy, so mission accomplished! The extras were also pretty good... except I now have 3 extra cake guys, which is more than I would have liked.
    Anyway, just to show there is hope with blind [email protected] orders. They are not secretly stashing the hard to gets for their friends :-)
    snowhitieJRLgmonkey7677ncaachampsMegtheCatlego007stlux
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 384
    Do people consider the girl in the cat mask one of the 'costumed' characters?
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 629
    ^ I do, especially if you consider the Tiger suit lady from series 14 to be one
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,013
    My Asda now has them. Unicorn, Dragon, Cat and Elephant for me, happy with those.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,934

Do people consider the girl in the cat mask one of the 'costumed' characters?
    It is a human head underneath the mask, so yes.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    What really drives me crazy is when someone has opened the packets to pilfer parts. I've started noticing a lot of that over the past several series', which is why TRU and others started using security boxes. It gives us honest "bag feelers" a bad name...as if the name bad enough. ;-)

If I notice a Mom or kid trying to find something specific, I jump in to help them out. I can usually find a specific set within a 1-2 minutes...unless it's a Police Officer. In that case, everyone (including me) is out of luck as it left the store within 15 minutes of being set on the shelf.
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76SumoLegopharmjodMattDawson
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,637
    I'm still waiting for my lame Walmart to get a single case. Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Police Guy. He's neat, but he's no Mister Gold. The Dragon guy and the Unicorn guy excite me more. If I happen upon a Police Guy, I may get him, but I sure won't go hunting all over for him.
    SumoLegoPumpkin_3CK5
    What really drives me crazy is when someone has opened the packets to pilfer parts.
    Those folks are thieves.  I wouldn't associate them with us.  (We of the Packet Feeler Order.)
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76BrickByBrickFarmer_JohndavetheoxygenmanktsamMattDawson
    Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Police Guy. He's neat, but he's no Mister Gold.
    He's the opposite of Mr. Gold. 

I would argue that a classic LEGO Policeman is the most pedestrian of notable LEGO minifigures.  (A LEGO pedestrian minifigure would literally be the most pedestrian, but I think you know what I mean here.)

I wonder if they picked the Policeman for just that reason.  So there's a bunch of morons holding onto Policemen for no reason.  I'd love it if they put him in another set... just for giggles!
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76Farmer_JohnFizyxdavetheoxygenmanLittleLori
    edited April 2018
    A set free with all purchases for an entire month that comes with the policeman, his printed tile, and the trophy figure mini variant
    gmonkey76FowlerBricksPumpkin_3CK5sid3windrstlux
    SumoLego said:
    Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Police Guy. He's neat, but he's no Mister Gold.

I would argue that a classic LEGO Policeman is the most pedestrian of notable LEGO minifigures.  (A LEGO pedestrian minifigure would literally be the most pedestrian, but I think you know what I mean here.)

I wonder if they picked the Policeman for just that reason.  So there's a bunch of morons holding onto Policemen for no reason.  I'd love it if they put him in another set... just for giggles!
    Even better would be the classic policeman in a cheap set, but comes with a modern face. Then people can argue til the cows come home whether they have the real thing if they replace the head with a classic smiley.

I also think he is boring as hell, I'm glad they made him the chase figure. It is quite funny that people are paying large sums for a figure that they probably wouldn't have looked at twice if he was in a box of mixed lego.
    FowlerBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,612
    The Lego factory probably had 1,000,000 or so old Policeman torsos and hats lying around that they had to figure out how to get rid of. 
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksRainstorm26
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2018
    It's the printed tile that did it for me. I want an extra one so I can put the tile in my LEGO Store MOC. I always try to get a complete set for display, and extras of any ones that have good parts for custom Minifigures.
    FowlerBricksPumpkin_3CK5sid3windr
    The Lego factory probably had 1,000,000 or so old Policeman torsos and hats lying around that they had to figure out how to get rid of. 
    The old one was stickered.
    rd1899AllBrickAanchir
    Just need to figure out what to do with the 2,000,000 Dareth polybags...
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76Rainstorm26
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,637
    ^Lego needs to?
    Muftak1SumoLego
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited April 2018
    That dude's just a police cosplayer. He doesn't even have a baton; only a box of his favorite set!  The constable and the police chief oughta give him a good talkin', in case he wants to join the force. 

@FowlerBricks the unicorn guy's shield is just insanely ornate. Freakin cool. 
    gmonkey76MegtheCatLittleLorisid3windrAllBrickstlux
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,378

pharmjod said:
    I find it funny that not a single peep was uttered when the initial price for the policeman was set by a certain large seller of minifigures, but now it's unsavory for anyone else to want to get multiplies to get in on the action. 

For anyone that is interested in the knowledge, I found 4 policemen in one of the shelf hanger displays. Perhaps a ymmv, but it might be helpful to anyone looking for one (or more). I expected to find two. Four was a surprise.
    Makes me wonder if the 1 per box thing will change for the second release (a bit like they did with the 2 fishermen in series 3)
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Here is a quick breakdown of the CMFs with two or less minifigs per case:

Series 3 - two fishermen
    Series 9 - two waiters, two plumbers, two roller derby girls, two starlets, two fortune tellers, and two female elves.
    Series 10 - two librarians, two sea captains, two medusas, two bumblebee girls, two grandpas, and two trendsetters. Also, Mr. Gold
    Series 11 - two scarecrows, two Bavarian ladies, two Tiki Warriors, two jazz musicians, and two grandmas.
    Series 18 - one classic police officer.

Of this list, I definitely wouldn't prioritize the police officer as my "first to get."

SumoLegogmonkey76The_RancorpharmjodGothamConstructionCoSlapNuts
    Also, CMFs in Series 1 didn't have many cases released (compared to the other CMF series). I remember this series sold out within 1-2 weeks, and I'm not sure they were even sold in a non-Lego stores. There may have been fewer individual Series 1 minifigs released than the Series 18 police officer (with the exception of the cheerleader and skateboard guy that were also sold in a calendar set).
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    You're missing the S10 Skydiver.

Oh wait, nobody is missing the S10 Skydiver...
    SeijiAmasawaFarmer_JohnMuftak1FowlerBrickspharmjoddavetheoxygenmanLittleLori
    Oops...I did miss the "Crazy Scientist" in Series 4...there were only two.
    SumoLego
    Also, CMFs in Series 1 didn't have many cases released (compared to the other CMF series).
    There were plenty of them at TRU.  There were comparatively less than S2 or S3.  Especially S3 - I picked up cases of those for $0.99 a figure.
    edited April 2018
    SumoLego said: 

Just need to figure out what to do with the 2,000,000 Dareth polybags...
    Am I the only one who loves that polybag?
    SumoLegoFowlerBricks
    I have no ill will towards the Dareth poly.  It just monopolized all of the polybag space at my local TRU.
    BrickByBrick
    SumoLego said:
    I have no ill will towards the Dareth poly.  It just monopolized all of the polybag space at my local TRU.
    I guess that's fair... 
    SumoLego
    I have a similar no-ill will, but always point out the CHIMA Ice Mammoth that took up a spot on the clearance shelf for three years.
    andhe
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,378
    Here is a quick breakdown of the CMFs with two or less minifigs per case:

Series 3 - two fishermen
    Series 9 - two waiters, two plumbers, two roller derby girls, two starlets, two fortune tellers, and two female elves.
    Series 10 - two librarians, two sea captains, two medusas, two bumblebee girls, two grandpas, and two trendsetters. Also, Mr. Gold
    Series 11 - two scarecrows, two Bavarian ladies, two Tiki Warriors, two jazz musicians, and two grandmas.
    Series 18 - one classic police officer.

Of this list, I definitely wouldn't prioritize the police officer as my "first to get."

Guessing those trying to complete a set of series 18 would differ with your opinion.
    Also, CMFs in Series 1 didn't have many cases released (compared to the other CMF series). I remember this series sold out within 1-2 weeks, and I'm not sure they were even sold in a non-Lego stores. There may have been fewer individual Series 1 minifigs released than the Series 18 police officer (with the exception of the cheerleader and skateboard guy that were also sold in a calendar set).
    I got a Series 1 box at a TRU.
    Not sure about numbers, but guessing that there still have not been less series 1 produced overall than what the Police officer has been.
    The series 1 Clown, Cheerleader, and Forest Bandit were also found complete (except for their accessories) in LEGO store Build a minifigure bars around the time series 3 was released. Caveman was likely a figure you could eventually complete (with accessory) if you were patient enough at the BAM bar same with the Clown and the Forest Bandit (The pom poms from the Cheerleader were never in the BAM bar).

• redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 712
    SumoLego said:
    You're missing the S10 Skydiver.

Oh wait, nobody is missing the S10 Skydiver...
    i am..
    FowlerBricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,890
    Looking at BL, Policeman is about $30, the others are somewhere around $5

Target had a case's worth that was gone by the time I came back with my scale and an identification guide. Speaking of which...

CMF S18 identification guide based on http://www.themainstreetmoms.com/2018/03/26/lego-series-18-minifigure-feel-guide/
    Weight is of sealed packet, Number after dash is X in col18-X on BrickLink, price is what I'd list it for on 4/7/18

In a case of 60 -
    Police Officer x1
    Red Brick Dude, Blue Brick Girl x5 each
    Dragon Suit Guy, Firework Guy, Spider Suit Boy, Flowerpot Girl, Cowboy Costume Guy, Unicorn Guy, Birthday Cake Guy x4 each
    Elephant Girl, Clown, Birthday Party Girl, Cactus Girl, Cat Costume Girl, Race Car Guy, Birthday Party Boy x3 each

Elephant Girl [12.1g, 1, $5.24] Elephant head, also tutu. The mouse is hard to feel because it's small.
    Red Brick Dude [11.64g, 2, $4.44] Flat hair. Blue Brick Girl has same/similar suit.
    Blue Brick Girl [11.76g, 3, $4.44] Ponytail. Blue Brick Girl has same/similar suit.
    Party Clown [11.65g, 4, $5.09] Easy. Feel for his hat. He doesn't have exaggerated feet or noses like many clown costumes. He also comes with two balloon dogs.
    Firework Guy [13.11g, 5, $4.79] Another puffy bag. His firework suit element is one big cylinder with a pointed top.
    Birthday Party Girl [13.06g, 6, $4.89] She comes with a lot of pieces, but I like to feel for the balloon piece first. Gift is in two pieces. Also two little circles.
    Dragon Suit Guy [12.56g, 7, $5.29] Wings are an easy identifier, also helmet.
    Policeman [5.49g, 8, $29.99] A 1×2 flat tile and plate will be felt. His hat is small.
    Spider Suit Boy [12.27g, 9, $4.69] Spider piece (a costume not an animal piece) is simple, also back piece spider legs.
    Birthday Cake Guy [15.35g, 10, $4.89] Cake element is new and easy to make out, tiny party hat could be hard to detect amongst the other contents
    Cactus Girl [13.57g, 11, $5.14] The unique cactus armed torso is a dead give away.
    Cat Costume Girl [10.86g, 12, $4.79] The fish piece is the only one like that in the series
    Race Car Guy [13.05g, 13, $4.99] Car piece, also helmet, a small chip feeling piece that clicks onto the car as an engine.
    Flower Pot Girl [13.34g, 14, $4.84] Tricky, flowerpot felt a lot like the birthday cake piece. Feel for the flower also.
    Cowboy Costume Dude [12.18g, 15, $4.69] Hat and then horse costume. Tail is a separate piece.
    Birthday Party Boy [12.79g, 16, $4.69] Many of the same feels as Party Girl, no hat but little tile
    Unicorn Knight [11.77g, 17, $5.19] Two in one - unicorn costume and shield/sword.

• kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 396
    SumoLego said:

Apparently I’m in the minority here, but when the images were released, he was the one I was most excited about. I feel like we get a fair of “costume” minifigs so I wasn’t thrilled about the overall series. Just liked the vintage look and thought the printed tile was a nice touch. 
    That said, it is so stupid to have just one per box. I won’t be hoarding any either (lame). Just want one because he’s my favorite. 
    FowlerBricksMegtheCatrd1899MattDawson