Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 31
    Found the police officer at a Walmart today in a box that was barely touched. I hadn't read about people finding him in a certain place but lucked out by starting in the back left. I was looking for a bag that didn't seem to have any big pieces in it. From the pictures he appears to be the only one without any kind of bulky piece like a helmet. Using that idea I felt the first skinny bag and could feel his hat right away. Never expected to actually get him, especially in one of the first bags.
    madforLEGOMooreFX
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I found a police officer in an open box at our local Walmart this morning, but more importantly I was able to get the party clown. I about fainted when I saw TLG was releasing balloon animals with this series. I've had a custom Lego "The Mask" minifigure with a Tommy gun sitting on my shelf for several years now, and a couple balloon animals are the perfect compliment. "Sorry son, the dog was rabid...had to put it down."
    davetheoxygenmanMooreFXLego_StarOnebricktoomanyBrickByBrick
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 170
    Fry's in Palo Alto, Calif. had 3 brand new boxes sitting in a shopping cart an aisle over from the LEGO stuff. Snagged these guys for $3.99. As most people reported, they were on the far left side of the box at the rear about 5 to 7 bags in. Bag was thin and I felt for the hat with it's visor ridges. I don't know if they are going to leave all the boxes out or just stock one or two. 

1265SumoLegoFowlerBricks77ncaachamps
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    ^
    Little Timmy didn't have a chance...oh, the shame!
    LuLegoMooreFXandhe
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    Poor timmy
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    I have a feeling that out of all of the figures in this box, Timmy would be disappointed by the police officer. 
    andhe77ncaachampsBlueberryWaffles
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,323
    Someone pulled little Timmy out of the well then?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    Someone pulled little Timmy out of the well then?
    Evidently not.  That's why he couldn't get to Fry's in the San Franscisco Bay area...
    77ncaachamps
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 716
    Poor Timmy in MA.  Grabbed three yesterday also, and plan to continue the hunt all week long!
    dehnehsu
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 629
    jmeninno said:
    Poor Timmy in MA.  Grabbed three yesterday also, and plan to continue the hunt all week long!
    Don't take them all! I need to find one! ;) 
    SumoLegoJern92
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,378
    Ohh, 'hah hah', 'poor timmy'.. Ohh yeah, screw the other people looking like mad for these to find a set.. no, lets just fixate on the running joke that timmy must be the other people in the rest of the world looking for these to build their set.
    oldtodd33gmonkey76SumoLegoFizyxBrickByBrickbgl_84OnebricktoomanyLuLegoBlueberryWaffles
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    It's not a Mr. Gold. 

I'm sure, strickly speaking, the Boxer Minifigure from the Diner set is actually more 'rare'.
    BrickByBrickMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,420
    SumoLego said:
    It's not a Mr. Gold. 

I'm sure, strickly speaking, the Boxer Minifigure from the Diner set is actually more 'rare'.
        That's kind of a bad analogy as I don't have to drive to 10 different stores looking for a Diner and it will be for sale at Lego as well as others for the next two years, unlike series 18. 
    gmonkey76MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    Found two full cases of series 18 at a local Walmart. Got my cops and all the extras that I wanted.
    SumoLegogmonkey76dehnehsuFowlerBricks
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    As a psa, if you are using stock trackers, they aren't helpful. This store didn't even show inventory on the store scanners even though there were two full cases and one opened. The only way an associate will find them is to look.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    ^ Agreed.  Store stock said none available but I went to WM and found 2 boxes of Batman 2 and luckily saw a Series 18 box at the top of the shelves with the overstock.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
     The Walmart I went to in Pinetop, Arizona, did not have any out until I asked for them. It was the wall hangings mini figure box. We were lucky to be the first to feel them all out, and I found the police officer one row up from the bottom and on the far right column. 
    pharmjodmadforLEGO
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,453
    Went to my LEGO Store today and they had three boxes out. Was able to find two cops. They were both on the left in the back. One box was at the back, and the other was 4 or 5 from the back. Kept one for myself, and gave the other to another customer that was helping me to find the other Minifigures. Only let us buy 17 today.
    MooreFXmadforLEGOlego007
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 286
    Took part in the mass bag feeling session today at Metrocentre store with bags on endbar and in dump bins. Managed to grab the policeman in one of the bins then the rest of the set plus some extras for the minifig factory Freebie (and another Easter bunny!). Happy Days. No sign of S18 in Tesco yet.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    edited April 2018
    No sign of S18 near me as of yet. Sainsburys  store clerk said they were due a shipment of Lego "in the next couple of days".
    Still only seen them in WH Smith so far. Picked up another four today so just need the present carrying boy to make the full set.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    Dang, I’m starting to worry about not finding the policeman 
    BrickByBrick
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    I was 0 for 3 at Walmarts today. First one had the large hanging display that was already picked through and the next two stores didn’t have them out yet
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,378
    I had to ask at the one Target near where I work, they had to get the box out from the back, but at least I knew that it would likely have a cop, and it did, so now I have a whole series 17 set for myself and one for my GF. One less errand on the list of life.
    gmonkey76flord
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 72
    I stopped by the Lego store this morning for the promo mini-fig factory, and it was very tense around the CMF 18 boxes.  One guy grabbed the policeman through the people who were waiting as soon as the manager opened a third box. It was like he jumped out of nowhere.  Very rude, though everyone was too polite to call him out on his behavior.  There were several children there too among the dozen or so customers feeling bags.  Terrible to witness a grown man behave so childishly.  This was at the Topanga Lego store.  
    77ncaachamps
    Found a cop at target, had to ask for a box from the back, employees thought it may be street dated but wasn't. Glad to have one now, but I'd like at least one or two more. Only bought 4 total though, so I'll be back out feeling bags before you know it. 
    FowlerBricks
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 331
     I went to 3 Targets and a Walmart, only one Target and the Walmart had them out for sale. Walmarts stock was dumped in a wire bin with some Polybags. The Policeman, Dragonman, CactusWoman, ElephantLady, and Unicorn Guy had all been picked out.         The Target I found them at only had them in the checkout lanes. It was a bit awkward going from checkout to checkout feeling for the ones I wanted. They must have put out 2 boxes worth as I found 2 of the Policeman. 

BrickByBrickpharmjodMooreFX
  • Robobrick427Robobrick427 USAMember Posts: 8
    edited April 2018
    The gang's all here!  First post! Just coming out of my Lego dark ages, and this is the first set I've completed. Love these minifigs and an even greater appreciation for them after opening. Picked 2 race car guys on purpose, and ended up with a second unicorn (thought it was a dragon)  and brick girl (this one I'm ok with) by mistake. 

Also managed to pick 2 additional police officers. 

The only complaints I have are two. 

1. I wish the torso of rocket man was printed instead of uniform blue. I think this was lazy by Lego. 

2. I also think Lego should have given a specialty printed brick to the Brick guy and girls rather than a standard stud. Love the torso. Hate the cheap stud but I guess they justify it with the cost of manufacturing the new brick torso. 

Otherwise, these are excellent! Good luck searching! 
    omniumSumoLegoBrickByBrickFowlerBricksBumblepantsdmcc0MegtheCatsnowhitie
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    Poor Timmy
    Poor Timmy
    Poor Timmy probably doesn't care about the police officer. Poor Timmy's dad on the other hand...
    JBricks27eggshengmonkey76BumblepantsravotJern92AllBrick
    Now available in Sainsburys and Waterstones (Ipswich town centre at least, ymmv) so my set is complete.

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,786
    Just want the cake dude. And maybe the spider-guy. Possibly the Dragon guy. And may pick up some others when they get discounted later on.

But honestly not bothered about the policeman.
    MooreFX
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    I hope to see the flower pot used in future mocks. It is perfect for a nursery I've wanted to build. As typing this thought, I began to wonder about my use of nursery (meaning place that sells trees and plants). What word is used for a "tree store" in other parts of the Legoverse? I live in the north middle of the United States.
    MooreFXOnebricktoomany
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226

2. I also think Lego should have given a specialty printed brick to the Brick guy and girls rather than a standard stud. Love the torso. Hate the cheap stud but I guess they justify it with the cost of manufacturing the new brick torso. 
    I really disagree with this - the 1x1 plates make it look like they are a couple that have come as a matching pair, I can’t think of anything they could have printed on a tile that would have been better.
    BrickByBrickFizyxomnium
    Shib said:

I really disagree with this - the 1x1 plates make it look like they are a couple that have come as a matching pair, I can’t think of anything they could have printed on a tile that would have been better.
    It's cute... but it's a stud. Still love the characters themselves so the stud really doesn't take anything away from it. It just didn't add to it either for me. Luckily, the entire set puts a smile on my face. Some will disagree I'm sure, but this set knocks it out of the park for me. Maybe because Lego is all fresh after about 20 years off. :)
  • AdelecAdelec UkMember Posts: 163
    I usually buy a box of mini figures, then sell a set to a friend, but this time I had the problem of finding a Policeman for him! After a fruitless search of lots of just opened boxes (but no policemen) I found one in a well picked over box in Sainsbury's, thank goodness, so I don't have to look any more.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    edited April 2018
    krklint said:
    I hope to see the flower pot used in future mocks. It is perfect for a nursery I've wanted to build. As typing this thought, I began to wonder about my use of nursery (meaning place that sells trees and plants). What word is used for a "tree store" in other parts of the Legoverse? I live in the north middle of the United States.
    I currently have 6 flower pot and 7 cactus from series 18 and a whole bunch of zombies from other various sets!  Any guesses as to what I'm going to try and moc?!
    FizyxInfinityman
    krklint said:
    I currently have 6 flower pot and 7 cactus from series 18 and a whole bunch of zombies from from other various sets!  Any guesses as to what I'm going to try and moc?!

andhe said:
    Just want the cake dude. And maybe the spider-guy. Possibly the Dragon guy. And may pick up some others when they get discounted later on.

But honestly not bothered about the policeman.
    Plants v. Zombies. Genius. 
    pharmjodFizyxOnebricktoomany
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    ^That was fast!!  Waiting on my bricks and pieces tile order in various colors for the squares!

Switchfoot55Fizyx
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 716
    ^can't wait to see it!!!
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited April 2018
    Found all of them except for Goth Spider Guy. Not my fault though! Lol the Target lady handed me a box(that isn't even a LEGO box, from the stock room) with about thirty summin' that are probably ones that didn't fit on their end cap display. Twenty-five minutes later and the last bag from that pile was the Po-po. Mind was blown.
    BumblepantsLego_StarTyresOFlahertyFizyx
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,873
    Found all of them except for Goth Spider Guy. Not my fault though! Lol the Target lady handed me a box(that isn't even a LEGO box, from the stock room) with about thirty summin' that are probably ones that didn't fit on their end cap display. Twenty-five minutes later and the last bag from that pile was the Po-po. Mind was blown.
    You met the Target Lady?

Lego_StarPumpkin_3CK5gmonkey76FowlerBrickspharmjodtomahawkerFizyxSumoLegodavetheoxygenman
    edited April 2018
    @Bumblepants Judging by that picture... most likely her daughter!

Dang, I looked that skit up and it's only from 2012? I thought it was from the late 90's lmao
    BumblepantsFowlerBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,873
    @Bumblepants Judging by that picture... most likely her daughter!

Dang, I looked that skit up and it's only from 2012? I thought it was from the late 90's lmao
    I think there were several Target Lady skits over the course of her SNL career but yeah I think they purposefully went for the late '90s vibe or at least stuck her persona back there.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    Could have been one's that were pulled from the registers after they realized there was a street date, and they'd already thrown away the box.
    @BrickByBrick They already had some out - probably since Monday. Apparently they had two hundred minifigs out on the floor including ninjago and Batman wave 2, so I guess they didnt bother restocking the end cap.

As an aside - geez, people squeeze the bajeebus out of the minifigs. I mean, there's a way to feel them out without tearing the foil pack to shreds lolz. I find it's easier too, since crumpling the bag diminishes tactile accuracy. End rant.
    BrickByBrick
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,934
    Plants v. Zombies. Genius. 

K'nex have already done quite a few official Plants vs Zombies series and sets, that are compatible with lego, and quite a few non-purist MOCs have been done using the figures and plants.

It is one of those cases where theirfigures will never look quite right as they are not LEGO, but anything made by LEGO will not look quite right either in comparison (unless they get the license).   Same with the Minions and MB.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 682
    I am on a Lego hiatus but I did get some Series 18 today. I was lucky enough to find the Policeman, who to me is the least interesting one. I hate the forced scarcity and he is currently selling for about $40 CDN right now. Ridiculous.

Also, the Racecar Driver is totally Ricky Bobby.
    Pumpkin_3CK5Muftak1gmonkey7677ncaachampsBlueTaco
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    ^ can’t be...no Wonderbread sticker on the windscreen or cougar on the back seat! ;-)

flordgmonkey76BlueTaco