Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Minifigure Series 18

18910111214»

Comments

• Bitsyww2Bitsyww2 Member Posts: 27
    Finished my series by happening upon a fairly recently opened box at Wegman's. It looked like someone had gone through the back left corner so I didn't think I had a chance at finding Mr. Policeman.  I started feeling packets anyway just incase and almost fell over when I felt the hat in the fourth packet I picked up.  
    77ncaachampsFarmer_Johnkiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    I have not been as diligent in looking as I have during past releases, but it doesn’t seem like these CMFs are as common store shelves (Target, Walmart, and the like- in USA).  Anyone else experience the same, or am I just not looking hard enough?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    edited July 2018
    LegoTT said:
    I have not been as diligent in looking as I have during past releases, but it doesn’t seem like these CMFs are as common store shelves (Target, Walmart, and the like- in USA).  Anyone else experience the same, or am I just not looking hard enough?
    I know in my area it has been famine after the first month. Although stores like Five Below got them in about 1 month later after the stores got theirs so it was offset a bit by that, but now most large stores around me do not have them. Not sure about the Five Belows either (heck one Target near me has the TLBM series 2 back up on the pegs) If I did not have a LEGO Discovery Center and LEGO store near me I would be worried about completing another set, but I am only two figures away from completing another Series 18 set - Spider boy and Race car driver (which has been harder for me to find than the policeman.. go figure), and I'm going back to those stores on the 4th to find them
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,397
    @madforLEGO please let us know(me) what polybags the discovery center has. Its a 2 hour trip for me. Thanks.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,245
    around here I think the price is the issue, they used to cost like 2.5€ and it went straight to 4€, so now you hardly find cmfs except around the christmas period.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,629
    I have a bit of an odd question.  I have had a number of S18 Policemen in my possession, but I have never felt two 2x1 tiles in the package.

However - I now have one that I thought I mis-identified that clearly has two 2x1 tiles, and one 2x1 plate.  (And the hat, and it's devoid of anything that could even remotely be anything other than a Policeman.)

Has anyone opened up a package and found two 2x1 tiles?
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 229
    SumoLego said:
    I have a bit of an odd question.  I have had a number of S18 Policemen in my possession, but I have never felt two 2x1 tiles in the package.

However - I now have one that I thought I mis-identified that clearly has two 2x1 tiles, and one 2x1 plate.  (And the hat, and it's devoid of anything that could even remotely be anything other than a Policeman.)

Just open it and find out! ;)
    SumoLego
    I know this one has two 2x1 tiles - curious if anyone else had the same!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,868
    Ooh, it's the super rare double tile version of the CMF police man. The second tile is the first clue which leads you national treasure style on an adventure where the final prize is a custom minifigure of your choice cast in one of 3 different precious metals. 
    M_BossSumoLegokiki180703Bumblepantsstluxbandit778Lego_Staroldtodd33catwrangler
    edited August 2018
    pharmjod said:
    ...The second tile is the first clue which leads you national treasure style on an adventure where the final prize is a custom minifigure of your choice cast in one of 3 different precious metals. 
    Hmmmm... I have the second clue already - it's a perfect likeness of Jamie Berard toasted on the bottom of a raspberry Pop-Tart.

- Off to find the super-secret brick-built subterranean lair of Søren Torp Laursen, somewhere in Enfield area.  Perhaps below the Connecticut River... I must assemble a rag-tag bunch of adventurers to assist me that have random talents I was unaware of until we need them to get out of a fantastic and implausible jam.  @Pitfall69! We're gettin' the band back together!  

Bah - I was just curious if anyone got an extra 2x1 tile.  I think it's odd.
    catwrangler
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 931
    could the 2x1 plate be broken? 
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,413
    Maybe it is a special Mr Gold tile. 
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    With the series 12 Fairytale princess I got an extra hair/hat combo part.... Still have yet to figure out what to do with it.
    That's the only time I've gotten a random extra part in a CMF bag.
    SumoLego
    edited August 2018
    With the series 12 Fairytale princess I got an extra hair/hat combo part.... Still have yet to figure out what to do with it.
    Ah - good to know!
    Mr_Cross said:
    could the 2x1 plate be broken? 
    There are two distinct 1x2 tiles (and the 1x2 plate), no damage as I can detect.
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 255
    I picked up a random figure from the latest Harry Potter series although I don’t know much about them. Came with a spare second hairpiece but I think it’s faulty as it wasn’t printed, just plain white.
    SumoLegopharmjodM_Bossjmeninnodmcc0sid3windrkiki180703
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 404
    Gibbo1959 said:
    I picked up a random figure from the latest Harry Potter series although I don’t know much about them. Came with a spare second hairpiece but I think it’s faulty as it wasn’t printed, just plain white.
    Think you might have Percival Graves, the white hair is for his Gellert Grindelwald form. Congrats for getting the rarest fig in the box by luck!
     Sorry @SirBrickalotOfLego that response was specifically tailored for @SumoLego so ignore my efforts at humour. They do say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!
    pharmjodSumoLegoSirBrickalotOfLegoBrickByBricksid3windrkiki180703
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 277
    SumoLego said:

Were you partaking of the vino at the time?  Sadly, I've done the drinking and "feeling" thing before and found it leads to ALL manner of discoveries!!
    SumoLegoPumpkin_3CK5
    edited August 2018
    Well CMFs used to come with all sorts of 'spare' parts in the packs, plus given these are packaged in China I would not be surprised that some come with an extra part as I have seen packs missing parts. It probably means another cop package somewhere is missing its 1x2 tile (which I think would really suck for that person)
    SumoLego
    Gibbo1959 said:
    I got one a few years ago with a top-hat and cane - but it wasn't pictured on the insert sheet.  I gave it to @Pitfall69.
    Gibbo1959Pumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
    I see this is all an effort to get me to open the blind bag.  I choose not to open!
    OnebricktoomanyM_Bosskiki180703
    You will never actually know if it is indeed a super secret promotion from LEGO. Shame.
    BrickByBrickSumoLegoOnebricktoomanyM_BossPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    I see this is all an effort to get me to open the blind bag.  I choose not to open!
    OPEN IT, you know you want to..... C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it...
    jmeninnoSumoLegoOnebricktoomanyM_Bossgmonkey76Jern92kiki180703
    pharmjod said:
    You will never actually know if it is indeed a super secret promotion from LEGO. Shame.
    I'll have to get it X-rayed.
    OnebricktoomanyM_Bosskiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    OPEN IT, you know you want to..... C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it...

Except he's the only cool kid... It's one of a kind... The agony! =)
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,828
    Not seeing any more fresh cases, just the leftovers it seems, have stopped looking for Policemen.
    ^ Maybe it’s different how your retailers are stocking these in the US but always check the leftovers. Last couple of weeks I’ve found a few S18 policemen in both small and larger supermarkets when they been up for clearance on hangers rather than in box.
    madforLEGO
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,413
    My local store suddenly brought three boxes out at half price. Two of the boxes looked sealed, but alas no policeman. Hopefully once these sell they will break out their harry potters!
    FowlerBricks