Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Reefscape blue spot stingray help

MudkipDoomMudkipDoom United KingdomMember Posts: 32
hey everyone I just got the Reefscape blue spot stingray kit but can't figure out how to build the tail, if any one has anything that might help that would be great thanks!

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Having googled, that's not actually a Lego kit, just a compatible brand. The company is selling it as Lego, but it's not, and I daresay TLG's lawyers will be after them if they find out. We tend to be mostly into Lego here, though there are some people who buy some other brands and could perhaps point you at a forum where the Reefscape kits are discussed...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,358
    Actually they are are LEGO, but not proper sets. They were designed and packaged by Bright Bricks a few years ago.

See https://brickset.com/article/12886 and https://brickset.com/article/13379.
    catwranglerFizyxdavetheoxygenman
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Wow, the more you know! Must be akin to those cathedrals that sell models of the building in their giftshops....
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,222
    edited January 2018
    Wow, the more you know! Must be akin to those cathedrals that sell models of the building in their giftshops....
    Correct - I have a couple of the tropical fish and a couple of the cathedrals and I can confirm that it's all proper LEGO!
    catwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,182
    edited January 2018
    Bright Bricks  have a Facebook page, drop them a message and I'm sure they'll be able to help out
    drdavewatford
  • ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 47
    hey everyone I just got the Reefscape blue spot stingray kit but can't figure out how to build the tail, if any one has anything that might help that would be great thanks!
    I have this set, what is the question. Page number or other info?
  • MudkipDoomMudkipDoom United KingdomMember Posts: 32
    Right when you start building tail, when I goes to birds eye view
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    @catwrangler There's a fair few people here on the forum who like sets made by Lego Certified Professionals (only 14 LCP's globally!). Thread here: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24325/a-comprehensive-list-of-lego-certified-professional-sets/p1
    ShibFizyxcatwrangler
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    ^ case in point

can anyone who doesn’t have 

in their collection really call themselves a LEGO fan? :-P
    stluxMAGNINOMINISUMBRARussell844FizyxcatwranglerTechnicNickCoyotelily
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 640
    Shib said:
    ^ case in point

can anyone who doesn’t have 

in their collection really call themselves a LEGO fan? :-P

... I can't help it if the set was released on a different continent AND during my dark ages, okay? ;_;
    OrmskirkBricksAstrobricks
  • ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 47
    Right when you start building tail, when I goes to birds eye view
    havent done in a while, can dig it out. I remember laying them flat and stacking. counting parts for each step and locking them in but agree not easy
    Thanks
    It's less putting them together but more trying to figure out where pieces go
    If you could some photos of the fishes tail would be a great help
    Contacted bright bricks and they sent me redesigned instructions
    @Huw close this thread
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy