So given that we know the plans of various big movie studios with licensed Lego themes for a number of years in advance, I was thinking it might be interesting to discuss what we anticipate in the way of future sets. Predictions for other themes work to-those just seem a bit more conjectural since our knowledge of future plans for such themes as Ninjago is fairly limited. That being said, I anticipate the following:Marvel Cinematic Universe
- At least one set based on Ant-Man and the Wasp. Will presumably include a new Scott Lang/Ant-Man figure, a Hope van Dyne/Wasp figure, and a Ghost figure, and depict a battle between the three if not the climax of the film. If a second set is produced, I could see it depicting another fight and potentially including Janet van Dyne, the original Wasp.
- One or more sets based on Captain Marvel; likely figures to include Carol Danvers, possibly in civilian and/or Captain Marvel attire, and various Skrull minifigures.
- Four-six sets (going off the previous films) based on Avengers 4, presumably depicting various battle/action sequences as we've seen previously. While we might see new variants of Iron Man and others from Infinity War, I foresee/would hope that new variants/releases of War Machine, Mantis, Drax the Destroyer, Wasp, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, the Hulk, Nebula, and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier are a possibility. New characters or alter egos that seem plausible are Supergiant (given that she's the only Cult Obsidian member missing from the current Infinity War line) and Pepper Potts as Rescue, her armored incarnation.
- One or more sets based on the next Spider-Man: Homecoming installment. Hard to make many predictions given that we know so little about it; presumably a new Spider-Man variant and one or more bad guys. It's probably pure fantasy for me to hope that Hobgoblin will be the villain and that Mark Hamill will reprise his old animation role.
- Presumably three sets (going off the previous films) based on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Again, it's a bit soon to predict much, other than the possibility of Adam Warlock and Stakar Ogord figures given that the last film apparently set up their appearance in future installments.
- Various additional sets, drawing inspiration from the comics or the various Marvel live action/animated television series currently underway. Anything recently acquired by Disney from Fox seems like a hard guess until we find out what exactly their plans are.
DC Extended Universe
- At least one set based on Aquaman (Wonder Woman got one so it would make sense). Presumably we'd get a new Aquaman, Orm/Ocean Master, Black Manta, and maybe Mera, Murk, and/or Nereus; I'd imagine some villainous goons are also a possibility.
- At least one set based on Shazam!, most likely featuring figures of Billy Batson, Shazam, and Dr. Sivanna if not any other characters.
- At least one set based on Wonder Woman 2, undoubtedly with a new Wonder Woman variant, a figure of her unidentified new love interest, and a depiction of her as yet undisclosed nemesis/nemeses.
- At least one set each for Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps., Batgirl, The Batman, and various other announced/planned films. Currently we know so little that all that can really be anticipated is new variants of Cyborg and other Justice League members who have previously appeared; possible a new variant of Deathstroke from The Batman; and some new characters including Black Adam from the anticipated film of the same name, new Green Lantern(s), and the Thomas Wayne Batman from the planned film Flashpoint.
- Undoubtedly a whole slew of sets based on The Lego Movie Sequel, undoubtedly with new versions of Emmet, Wyldstyle, and other characters from the franchise as well as any new additions. The Billion Brick Race will undoubtedly have several sets to its name as well, most of them undoubtedly based on one or more of the vehicles that will presumably be involved in the plot; can't really say anything on the characters yet.
- Several sets based on Jurassic World 3, unless Fallen Kingdom is somehow bad enough to tank the franchise.
- Potentially at least one set based on Pirates of the Carribean 6...probably a ship.
- Potentially at least one set based on Indiana Jones 5.
- Undoubtedly a number of sets based on previous and future Star Wars films, and probably The Clone Wars given it's continued popularity. Rebels...not looking as likely.
- Various Disney Princess sets, especially based on the upcoming Frozen 2.
That's pretty much what I've got at this point, based on previous and/or current themes and what we know of upcoming ones. Disney, Warner, and other companies have various things in the works, but of course it's hard to say whether they'll make their way into Lego themes or not.