Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Has anyone found CMF Series 6 yet?

13»

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    I contacted my supplier and they confirmed that their entire supply, which they ordered large enough based on previous series to meet expected demand for the entire year, was sold out that day. In fact, it was sold out six hours after posting it for pre-order reservation. It never even made it to sale.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    so what are you going to do now?
    TRU at Arrowhead (Glendale AZ) has 2 cases on the shelf in the Lego aisle. Also the Lego Rep was there and put out the new XWing.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    What was surprising was just how many bags there were at all the Fred Meyers I hit last night. Cases and cases. Also, I was able to get the buy 2 and get 1 free deal on them + 10% off. So 21 bags cost me a little over $31. Not bad for a new release!

The last Fred Meyer (near Murray) had "and minifigures" printed on their exclusion sign so I'm assuming that they didn't intend for the CMFs to count towards that deal.
    Newberg was the same way with the hand written exclusion. It took a little talking to and bringing up the paper ad for them to make it work :)

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    so what are you going to do now?
    I'm hoping they'll get more stock. After all, I doubt I'm the only buyer of unopened cases that didn't get one. If they don't, I'll have to look at the dreaded eBay. Ugh.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Fred Meyers worked for me 31$ for all 16! Love this forum!
  • skherbeckskherbeck Member Posts: 33
    Bought 2 cases of Series 6 CMFs on Bricklink today... $265 total including shipping! No deals that good on EBay!
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    My Intergalactic Girl was missing the translucent blue rod. :(
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 797
    I passed on these earlier in the week. I will get them eventually but I am not in a rush to do so. Once they become widely available I'll pick them up.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Quite picked through from a week ago, but there were still a few Series 6 at a Target here in northern Indiana.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    found some in my area finally...in TRU...and they weren't there yesterday

i stopped by today, and they had put out a box and there were only 3 bags left...a mechanic, a flamenco dancer, and a skater girl...none of which i have interest in

i wish people would stick to one of each at first, instead of clearing out the whole store

they'll be around a while
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    could someone please remind me how to search a DCPI number on targets website?? :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Lego B&M locations in Costa Mesa and San Diego have them for sure.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    I found them in TRU in Central VA yesterday, used up the last of my rewards dollars since they had nothing else of interest. Ended up getting 2 Genies, a Flamenco Dancer, a Roman Soldier, 2 skater girls, and a Highlander.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^^^ Target inventory searcher:
    http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?dpci=204-00-0521

Just replace DPCI code.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Just returned from the Orlando LEGO B&M store, HUGE selection available of series 6, not picked through either. Of course, I bought 5 packs and still ended up with two aliens... but also a bandit, minatour, and doctor (all in my top 5 wanted list :)
    I picked up 30 packs and ended up with only 13 of the set. So many Space Girls and Celtic Warriors!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    Picked four from a Tray at the LEGO store and got a Surgeon, Toy robot, Sleepy boy, and Butcher.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    How about swapping some of the hair between the girls and the Celts?
    @sidersdd thanks for that!
    @DavidBrickley I tried using the spare Blonde hair from the Space Girl onto the Celtic, it looked ok but having the same outfit made it look wierd next to the normal Celtic. I still have 16 CMF's still in the bag for return, since I just felt them up at home without rush.
    just a side note, what I noticed looked pretty good is if you put the sleep head's hair on the Gladiator from series 5, makes him look more like a barbarian for those trying to differentiate. His stumble's a different color but I think it works :)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    I'm wanting to get a handful of the doctors for a similar reason. Place them on various figures, bring in the Hazmat suits! epidemic outbreak city!!!
  • mrpolemrpole Member Posts: 15
    My local TRU got series 6 in this week (Springfield, Mo.). Went to the electronic counter to get some and use my rewards certificate. There were only about 15 packs left in the box. I told the guy I would take them all. I was then told "well we have a limit of 2, but I can let you get away with 5 this time." Like he was doing me a favor or something. There was no sign or anything to indicate a limit. I just told him to forget it because it pissed me off. Has anyone else run into TRU limiting minifig purchases? Seems like they would appreciate people buying multiples at their inflated prices.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    Their website has a limit of 5.
    I am almost positive I have heard of people in the past having had limits at Toys R Us before.

I am glad I got mine when I did. I found all 16 the week of 1/9. Most I found at the Lego store. I decided to get the remainder ones I did not have and purchased them at Target. That same Target, I noticed today that they were completely sold out.
    TRU is just shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the CMF's. The ones out here still have 5-6 cases of series 5. I noticed that they are also very inconsistent. Some have told me a limit of 5 while others have no limit and others limit 2 per person per day (aparently my 4 year old is not considered a person.
    I still haven't found them at Target. I checked the DCPI using the website and 2 stores had available and limited availability the rest were listed as sold out. I checked a bunch of store and even scanned the pack, never does it say its in the backroom and I never see them where they are supposed to be. I wonder if they are selling out really fast or maybe they just haven't gotten them in yet
    Found a ton at Kmart in Carson, LA. It's barren too so I leisurely felt my way to a full set.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 242
    I still haven't found them at Target. I checked the DCPI using the website and 2 stores had available and limited availability the rest were listed as sold out. I checked a bunch of store and even scanned the pack, never does it say its in the backroom and I never see them where they are supposed to be. I wonder if they are selling out really fast or maybe they just haven't gotten them in yet
    Can you verify the dpci code for me? I have scanned the Dallas area and the code I have has said out of stock everyday for the last 30 days.
  • NotAnotherRebootNotAnotherReboot Member Posts: 1
    How have past series gone with regard to restocking after the initial shipment? I haven't seen any at the Target here but did see them at a couple of Fred Meyers and the LEGO Store. It's now a week or two later and they're nowhere to be found.

I did manage to get most of the minifigs I wanted when I first saw them, but I've decided I wouldn't mind getting another butcher and surgeon. I'm just curious what the odds are that I'll see the series 6 figs in stores again.
    @NicksBricks I've been using this code 204000211 found on page 2 right after your post :) so we're using the same one. Although one of the stores that was supposed to have them actually had price tags up on at the end of the isles. From there I saw the DCPI code matched the one I've been using, well at least the last 4 numbers did, that's all I look at. Let me know if you find them in your local Target where your at!
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Finally found some here in Canada (Edmonton AB) at a Walmart. Price was 3.29 which is .50 cheaper than usual!
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Anyone know that the TRU Brick & Mortar stores are charging?
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    $3.49 at my local TRU.
    ^ That's what I feared. I've been lucky enough to get all my minifigures since series 3 under MSRP - which is important because I usually end up buying quite a lot of them.
    My local TRU has always been the best source, since my Target rarely (if ever) has them, and the nearest LEGO store is an hour away... I guess I'll have to wait until they land at Walmart.
    They were sold out at the Lake Grove, NY TRU...
    I asked about the price, and it was $3.50... now I have to find another source for these guys, or wait until they do a BOGO that applies...
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    My local three Targets never sold series 5, so I have no hope for them carrying series 6.

And my Walmart has a legion of unsold series 5, which makes me wonder if they'll even order series 6.

Where does Target tend to place these? Is it an obvious spot like right in the middle of the LEGO aisle? Or by checkouts, etc?
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    My Kmart had quite a few of these for $2.99. First pack I felt was the one I wanted, the roman soldier. Going back tomorrow and awkwardly stand for a hour feeling out what I want...again.

@Odindusk
    My Target had them at the end where they usually have those blind pack Mega Blok packs.

They finally started showing up at Dallas area Target's this week.
    @sidersdd

Do you find the Target inventory tool to be accurate? I've been using it to search my area for the past couple of weeks and nothing has showed up, ever. However today I stumbled upon some series 6 at one of the Targets. When I returned home tonight I used the tool again and it still says that store doesn't have any.

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    For the polybags and CMFs it definitely seems flakey. Clearance items too apparently - one store reportedly had Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid, but none were found when I arrived. This was 2 weeks ago. I think the inventory still says they have one. It's either lost in the back room, or someone shoved one in the bath towel section waiting for 90% off, or the inventory system just blows.
    @sidersdd

Do you find the Target inventory tool to be accurate? I've been using it to search my area for the past couple of weeks and nothing has showed up, ever. However today I stumbled upon some series 6 at one of the Targets. When I returned home tonight I used the tool again and it still says that store doesn't have any.

It seemed to be accurate for my area. If even says what isle they are on.
    Thanks everyone. They're starting to trickle into my area just now. In the past couple of days I've found them at a Target, Kmart and a TRU.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    FYI, toynbricks reported that you could get a case of these from Amazon in France shipped to the US for about $130. Worked out to be about $2.15/pack...mine just shipped.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    There was a post on the Brickset Homepage a couple weeks ago (maybe less) that talked about getting an entire Series 6 box for 99 Euros including S&H. The catch was that it was from Amazon.France, and I live in the USA. I went ahead and ordered a box (Amazon is legit pretty much everywhere), and received a notice a couple days ago that the box was shipped. I guess we'll see how it goes. I typically pick up a couple boxes of the CMFs for around $150 each, so this could be a great deal. The link for the site is below and these boxes are listed at 110 Euros. The exchange rate puts them at about $150-160 USD.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2363
  • chertikchertik Member Posts: 43
    For anyone in the Washington D.C. area - I did find some in Target. They were not where I was expecting to find them - individual packets were positioned strategically on the edge of an aisle containing battery powered plush toys (don't know how else to describe them) :) Five Below usually start carrying them pretty early on in the cycle, but apparently not this time. I asked a few employees on the floor, they thought they are supposed to get some first or second week of February.