Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Ideas Moments in Space building competition

Build a "Moments in Space" model and if you win it will be turned into a gift with purchase in 2019!

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1b817aba-3990-4e6d-a17f-7a59a948d02f/brief

Seems like a cool opportunity! 
stluxFizyxLittleLoriBumblepantsFowlerBricks

Comments

• OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Yeah, been thinking about this. I guess keeping the part count low is key, and been trying to come up with something original (other than the moon landing!) to use as my inspiration. It’s quite difficult!
    Bumblepants
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,565
    I've already built my first entry! Keep an eye out for it! (it'll be under the name Magma Knight)
    OrmskirkBricks
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 906
    What a great competition. Thinking caps on!
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2018
    Nick Nova's Spaceship
    In this episode of The Amazing Adventures of Nick Nova, rampaging robots from Planet X are invading Earth!  Nick Nova, in his steadfast spaceship, must travel through the most dangerous domains of space, avoiding asteroids and navigating nebulas, to reach the secluded source of these atrocious automatons.  Will Nick Nova be able to mitigate the malevolent machinations of the mysterious mastermind behind these marauding mechanical monsters?

If my model doesn't get selected or if you can't wait to continue the adventures of Nick Nova, you can go to Rebrickable to download the LEGO Digital Designer model file for free.  

It was tricky coming up with an entry.  Not using any NASA or other IP made it especially difficult.  I thought about Classic Space, an orrery, coin operated rocket ride, a new rover, and a retro rocket.  I knew there would be multiple entries for all of these topics, but went ahead with the retro rocket anyway.  I figured basing it off of the color scheme of the Retro Spaceman CMF might make it stand out from the typical red-finned rockets that usually come to mind.
    FowlerBricksMegtheCatLordmoral560Heliportvizzitor
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,565
    I don't think I'll get many votes, but here's my main entry anyway:

Gorilla-Class Exoskeleton
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 229
    I entered my entry called Discovery in the cave and it kept being rejected and as much as I always fixing what the IDEAS team asked me about it kept changing the reason as to why it wasn't allowed, I wrote the IDEAS team but I still have to hear from them a single reply.
  • TemporalSwordTemporalSword United StatesMember Posts: 1

Hi everyone!

New guy here. My submission is a modular moon base dubbed Moonbase Alpha.  It has a dozen buildings and items like a biodome, drill, and a rocket you can mix around to create the layout you want. Thanks if you check it out!

MoonBase Alpha

• alan_mbalan_mb TXMember Posts: 1
    Hi all! 

My submission is a micro scale set that lets you launch a rocket to the sky. It includes a lot of action such as a countdown timer, a spring-loaded rocket and other moving parts. Please take a look and vote for it if you like it!

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1b817aba-3990-4e6d-a17f-7a59a948d02f/application/9bd21f8d-6ed6-46ac-959e-3be4a7450134

Here is a video of it in action (it is really the best way to explain how it works)

Thanks and good luck to all contestants!

FowlerBricks
  • CelloguyCelloguy LondonMember Posts: 3
    Such a fun competition, and quite a tough challenge to build something spacey with only city/classic lego bricks and no minifig accessories. Makes greebles a particular challenge! I came up with this (more pictures link below):

Please vote for it if you like it, and best of luck to everyone else!

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1b817aba-3990-4e6d-a17f-7a59a948d02f/application/100ebe74-150e-43ab-b8dc-35cf99f3336a
    Mr_Crosscatwrangler
  • ExcelsiorUKExcelsiorUK Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 12
    I took the title very literally and for some reason Halley's Comet popped into my head!  So my moment is 2061, which also happens to be a book in the Space Odyssey series - which features Halley's Comet, ironically enough!  Any support would be very welcome, thank you!
    https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1b817aba-3990-4e6d-a17f-7a59a948d02f/application/a3517ef9-ac25-4579-ba31-2d045958d188
    Fizyx