Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

castle plans

pmfleischpmfleisch WisconsinMember Posts: 2
Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the forum.  I did some searching, but didn't see quite what I was looking for.  I am trying to recreate a lego set from the many many legos my kids have.  In particular, I'm trying to build 71040 - the disney castle.  I know it's not going to look like the set, but I wanted to see what I could do to come close.  I've seen the plans for 71040 online and that's given me some ideas.  I've also seen some other amazing castles online which have kind of boggled my mind.

My question is if there are online resources out there that would help guide me... Like some of the awesome castles that some of you have built - does anyone ever make plans to share how they are built or is that all a part of the fun?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• pmfleischpmfleisch WisconsinMember Posts: 2
    So I hope it's funny that the post right before mine was titled "free instructions thread"... that's the idea of what I was thinking of, but I didn't see anything in a castle-ish thing.
    FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    My advice would be just look through instructions of past castle sets and draw from there. Sets like Helms Deep and some of the more recent classic castles could definitely help you figure out different building techniques. That's what I would do.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,951
    Not exactly plans but my girls are super into Elves so I just ordered a ton of the spring green castle wall panel part along with a fair amount of 1x1s and 1x2s. Once I find a good deal on the Goblin King Castle I will bundle all that together so they can make it into a massive castle quite easily. Since spring green castles are not high on most builders lists it was super cheap to source the parts too.
    dmcc0gmonkey76stlux
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    In case you're not familiar, Bricklink is a good place to search for particular parts, like castle wall panels. It can be a little intimidating to use the first time, so there's also http://guidetobricklink.com to help you out. 
    dmcc0