Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Harry Potter Discussion

1383940414244»

Comments

• J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 556
    I don't like the new brooms, but I do like the new sets! I won't be getting the castle sets as they don't offer me anything new, but I want all the rest, even the Horntail.
    With this summer wave offering Harry and Hermione in PoA finale attire twice, it seems like a huge waste they were also in the Hospital Wing. The opposite of the clever minifig distribution between The Ministry of Magic and Grimmauld Place sets, where you get a lot of figs you could only get in a DH Ministry in the Ministry set, while all the key Order members from the OotP finale are available in other sets currently out. I wonder if we might get a small Dumbledore vs. Voldemort set to go with this large atrium scene, perhaps Dumbledore, Voldemort, the other fountain with its four statues and some brick built magic? I also think they intentionally left the door open for a future battle of the Department of Mysteries set.
    KungFuKenny
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 59
    Does anybody know the status of #76395 Hogwarts First Flying Lesson?  It has been out of stock at Lego.com in the US for a long time and I can't find it at any other stores.  It seems like it's in stock in most other regions, just not the US.  It's the last 20th anniversary set I need so I hope I didn't miss it.  
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 846
    Rraider said:
    Does anybody know the status of #76395 Hogwarts First Flying Lesson?  It has been out of stock at Lego.com in the US for a long time and I can't find it at any other stores.  It seems like it's in stock in most other regions, just not the US.  It's the last 20th anniversary set I need so I hope I didn't miss it.  

It was only available as a retailer exclusive for Kohl's in the U.S. besides being available directly from Lego.  I bought mine from Kohl's when it first released with a discount via Kohl's Cash.  I've only very rarely seen it show up available from Kohl's online maybe twice since since I bought it after it was released but it's been quite a while since I've seen it on their website but I do check for it occasionally because I wouldn't mind having a second copy for the parts.  Have you tried setting up an in stock notification for it on the Lego Website?  If not you should.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,248
    Rraider said:

Like karrit said: check the alternate retailer. Here in Canada it's a TRU exclusive, and they have *loads* at my local one.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,453
    I like the new sets - HP normally has some good sets that are MOC fodder, or otherwise easily moddable; however, I'm put off by the number of figs/cost.
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 59
    karrit said:
    Rraider said:

It was only available as a retailer exclusive for Kohl's in the U.S. besides being available directly from Lego.  I bought mine from Kohl's when it first released with a discount via Kohl's Cash.  I've only very rarely seen it show up available from Kohl's online maybe twice since since I bought it after it was released but it's been quite a while since I've seen it on their website but I do check for it occasionally because I wouldn't mind having a second copy for the parts.  Have you tried setting up an in stock notification for it on the Lego Website?  If not you should.
    Thanks everyone. I was wondering if it was a retailer exclusive but didn’t even think Kohls might be the one. I have set up an in stock notice at Lego.com and with Brick Hound. I haven’t had much success with Lego notifying me in the past but Brink Hound has been pretty reliable. Guess I’ll keep an eye out for it at Kohls also. I just hope it comes back in stock soon.  
    karrit
    So... The list of Harry Potter: What's Missing? is getting shorter and shorter! With regular Tonks, OotP Sirius and Werewolf Lupin, there's hardly anything left to make a third CMF line from, apart from the still elusive Rita Skeeter. As for sets, there's Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron (hopefully not the super-expensive D2C yet to come, the Room of the Winged Keys, Tom Riddle's Diary (would fit into the Hogwarts Moments line), the Riddle House (not likely), the Quidditch World Cup (a tiny bit more likely), the Durmstrang Ship, the Second Task, the Maze (not much set potential in the film), the Hog's Head, the Hall of Prophecy, Dumbledore and Voldemort's duel, the inferi cave and several scenes from Deathly Hallows, chiefly Sky Battle, the tent, the Lovegood house, Malfoy Manor, Gringotts escape and the Room Where Everything is Hidden.

I feel like my collection will be nearing completion with this excellent Summer Wave, so it's mainly a new Second Task, a Hog's Head and the Lovegood house I will be crossing my fingers for from future waves. What's highest on your wishlist?

Do you think the Grimmauld Place set makes a Grimmauld Place Advent Calendar more or less likely? I think perhaps more likely, but not until next year. My bet this year is a Hogsmeade based one, either from PoA or OotP. I also think the trials for the Philosopher's Stone would make a good Advent Calendar, but probably not immediately after last year's non-Christmas PS calendar.
    wardm
    There are now pictures out there of all the 2021-22 Hogwarts sets combined, and they actually look very good! The new sets with their angles and hinges really tie the castle together. I'm still not getting the summer sets, but they do look good.
    wardmdpa1
    Are the Shrieking Shack and 12 Grimmauld Place store exclusives? I only see them available at the Lego Store, and I don't feel to go that far this afternoon.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,512
    klinton said:
    Are the Shrieking Shack and 12 Grimmauld Place store exclusives? I only see them available at the Lego Store, and I don't feel to go that far this afternoon.
    Probably want to wait for the Potter GWP staircase coming soon as it requires a sizable HP purchase to get.
    560HeliportMr_CrossklintonJ0rgeniwybs
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,575
    @klinton FWIW Target is the only place I've seen them here in the US. Not very helpful for you in Canada, but maybe they just aren't getting to retailers promptly?
    klinton
    edited July 2022
    Probably want to wait for the Potter GWP staircase coming soon as it requires a sizable HP purchase to get.

Good to know, thank you. I am so out of the loop. I need these new sets though. I may just hop over to TRU and grab the Ministry for today then.

@klinton FWIW Target is the only place I've seen them here in the US. Not very helpful for you in Canada, but maybe they just aren't getting to retailers promptly?

Which usually means they're at TRU here. Odd. But, I guess I will get those two when the promo comes. It's just that those are the two I really want to build, hahaha.
    560Heliport
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 172
    edited July 2022
    Saw this listing on ebay and I think this is the first time I've seen a pic of the set #40577
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165574139255?hash=item268cfcdd77:g:5~AAAOSwqndizXXI
    560Heliport
    It's been floating around as a leak for a while, and I believe it will be a GWP starting tomorrow. It's a very nice set, but I don't see myself getting it as the spending threshold will probably be extremely high.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 865
    Surprisingly no problems, at 00:00 the new promotion went live, it immediately got added to the basket when refreshing the page and to my surprise, not only the staircase GWP got added, but also the new micro hogwarts polybag with Dumbledore figure! 
    J0rgenMarshallmarioMr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,659
    Went for a Grimauld Place and a Hungarian Horntail! It's 6:15 and both GWP are adding with no problems!
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 846
    edited July 2022
    I ordered Grimmauld & the Carriage & Thestrals.  The polybag wasn't added when I placed my order but it showed up on my confirmation email. 
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,175
    I went for Grimmauld and Thestrals as well. I also used my Ulysses Probe code. I'd claimed the code 59 days ago on May 17th - just one day shy of the maximum redemption period!
    Thanks again for the heads up @Bumblepants. I hopped over to the Lego Store this morning and did much the same as everyone else here, grabbing Grimmauld Place and the Thestral carriage. If I'm ambitious, I might go back tomorrow for the Shrieking Shack and the dragon (and another staircase). They wouldn't allow me to do two today. They did toss in the polybag though. It's, um... it's a thing to have, I suppose.

I just finished up the Grimmauld build, and I really don't understand what the reviews were complaining about? It's a substantial build, equal to its price point. It's not a modular, obviously, but it's also half the price of one. I think it might be my favorite HP build, tbh. The Black family tapestry is an absolutely gorgeous pair of stickers.  And the minifig selection is kinda perfect. I adore Kreacher!

I've only built that and the Ministry so far from this wave, but I'm fully impressed. They've both exceeded my expectations.
    Bumblepants560Heliport
    Grimmauld Place is way more than you need in Norway, actually. The Burrow or Astronomy Tower will do to qualify. I think I might buy Grimmauld Place to get the GWPs, actually. It's a semi-LEGO exclusive here, so you only lose like 15$ buying from LEGO, and I think the staircase + the poly is worth that.
    klinton
    J0rgen said:
    Grimmauld Place is way more than you need in Norway, actually. The Burrow or Astronomy Tower will do to qualify. I think I might buy Grimmauld Place to get the GWPs, actually. It's a semi-LEGO exclusive here, so you only lose like 15$ buying from LEGO, and I think the staircase + the poly is worth that.
    It was not quite enough here in Canada. It's 150$ CDN, and the threshold was 165$. 

The staircase is actually a pretty swank little build in its own right. I've been wanting to see a Fat Lady piece in the new sets, and they knocked it out of the park. I still hate the new castle sets, but this might inspire me to try and work with them. It's pretty fun.
    J0rgen
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 782
    I went to the Lego Store in Northpark on Friday and picked up Grimmauld Place and the Shrieking Shack to get the GWPs.  That was after I had purchased 5 large PaB cups.  I forgot to ask about the HP GWP before I checked out the first time.  I hate it when I do that.
    I don't much like the new Thestral moulding. The previous ones from Gridlewald's Escape had translucent wings. The new ones with the Hogwarts Carriage are solid.

560HeliportMarshallmariogmonkey76
    Just a heads up that this comes out September 13. It's nice to finally see a Percy minifig. Now we just need one more Weasley.

1265560HeliportBumblepantsbpk2300
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 865
    2 more: Bill and Charlie, though sadly the only on screen appearance of Charlie is in the Egypt family photograph in the third movie.
    klinton560Heliport
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 242
    ^and auntie Muriel!
    560Heliportwardm
    wardm said:
    2 more: Bill and Charlie, though sadly the only on screen appearance of Charlie is in the Egypt family photograph in the third movie.

Hahaha. I think it might be time to reread the books. In my head, Bill and Charlie were the same person.

So, yeah, two more I guess. :)
    daewoo560Heliport
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 971
    $20 for a Percy figure. I don't know. I'll have to wait and see if a sale ever happens. Or a slightly modified version that is no longer exclusive, but similar enough, like Tom Riddle...
    daewoo560Heliport
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 971
    Sethro3 said:
    $20 for a Percy figure. I don't know.
    At least it comes with a free book!
    I have a stack of those books that never get read/looked at, only having purchased them for the figure included. But you're right, I can add another LEGO Harry Potter book to my shelf.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 696
    It seems that the advent calendars will also increase in price. 35€ for the HP is just too much for my wallet, especially when Harry, Snape and Murta are just identical to previous iterations.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Haymarket, VAMember Posts: 1,268
    76391: Hogwarts Icons Collectors' Edition is still 249.99 at Target. IT may be the last opportunity to get it at that price. 

• MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 628
    edited August 2022
    Going through the database and got confused. 4840 The Burrow has two Bellatrix Lestrange associated with it. Both HP092 and HP218 lead back to the set. Only one Bellatrix in the set though. 

Anyone have any insight?

Edit: Ignore me. Looks like there were two burrows. Out of the loop on Harry Potter sets. That said I'm surprised the 2020 figure is less detailed than the 2010 figure.
    Yeah, 2020 Bellatrix is very weak. Recycled head and no printed skirt. The Azkaban CMF is great, though!
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,659
    LEGO has released a video showing the new Leicester Sq. store on their Instagram account. It features (amongst many other cool things) a new model of Gringotts Bank.
    I'm probably reading too much into it, but my immediate thought was, is it foreshadowing an upcoming set?
    There is also a white dragon that can be seen round the 1:19 mark... maybe not fuel for my goblet of fire, but certainly some silvery substance for my pensieve!
    wardmOldTownBricks
    There will be another Gringotts at some point, so it could be a bit of foreshadowing. I just hope it'll be just the bank and not more of Diagon Alley! There's a good chance the dragon will be on top of Gringotts, as that is an iconic look from the theme park, but if it isn't, the dragon could be a future large scale flappy wings model like Hedwig and Fawkes. Time will tell.
    I wonder what sets we'll see next year, as there aren't a lot of subjects left. New Hagrid's hut and Quidditch pitch, probably, and maybe the Lovegood house or some other Deathly Hallows scene, now that those films have been brought in from the cold.
    After the brilliant Horntail model this year, I was rather hoping that they might offer something similar for the Ironbelly next year! Maybe scale it up just a smidge?
    It seems they're determined to offer a flappy model annually now, so that seems a logical offering.
    SearchlightRG
    Perhaps they'll do Buckbeak next, and then the Ironbelly in two years, so there won't be back to back dragons.
    560Heliport
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 166
    edited August 2022
    J0rgen said:
    Perhaps they'll do Buckbeak next, and then the Ironbelly in two years, so there won't be back to back dragons.
    One can only hope, but they did back-to-back birds with Hedwig and Fawkes
    What are your expectations for a possible Battle of Hogwarts set? After getting Hermione, Harry and the Grey Lady in 76413 Hogwarts: Room of Requirement, and Neville with the sword of Gryffindor in 76404 (although that minifig was quite inaccurate), what do you think are the key elements to include in a larger Battle of Hogwarts set?

I think it will include Harry, Ron, Hermione, McGonnagal, Mrs. Weasley, Voldemort, Bellatrix, a Death Eater and Nagini. Possibly a suit of armour in addition to or instead of the Death Eater. Neville would have been a given if he hadn't just been in the advent calendar, and Aberforth Dumbledore could be a possibility, but I think the selection above are the most iconic for the scene. For builds, I'm expecting a brick-built giant, like Grawp, a mostly intact piece of the castle that will combine with the rest of the sets, and some detached rubble, like the Avengers logo in 76192.