Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Harry Potter Discussion

1383940414244»

Comments

• J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 490
    I don't like the new brooms, but I do like the new sets! I won't be getting the castle sets as they don't offer me anything new, but I want all the rest, even the Horntail.
    With this summer wave offering Harry and Hermione in PoA finale attire twice, it seems like a huge waste they were also in the Hospital Wing. The opposite of the clever minifig distribution between The Ministry of Magic and Grimmauld Place sets, where you get a lot of figs you could only get in a DH Ministry in the Ministry set, while all the key Order members from the OotP finale are available in other sets currently out. I wonder if we might get a small Dumbledore vs. Voldemort set to go with this large atrium scene, perhaps Dumbledore, Voldemort, the other fountain with its four statues and some brick built magic? I also think they intentionally left the door open for a future battle of the Department of Mysteries set.
    KungFuKenny
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 46
    Does anybody know the status of #76395 Hogwarts First Flying Lesson?  It has been out of stock at Lego.com in the US for a long time and I can't find it at any other stores.  It seems like it's in stock in most other regions, just not the US.  It's the last 20th anniversary set I need so I hope I didn't miss it.  
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 647
    Rraider said:
    Does anybody know the status of #76395 Hogwarts First Flying Lesson?  It has been out of stock at Lego.com in the US for a long time and I can't find it at any other stores.  It seems like it's in stock in most other regions, just not the US.  It's the last 20th anniversary set I need so I hope I didn't miss it.  

It was only available as a retailer exclusive for Kohl's in the U.S. besides being available directly from Lego.  I bought mine from Kohl's when it first released with a discount via Kohl's Cash.  I've only very rarely seen it show up available from Kohl's online maybe twice since since I bought it after it was released but it's been quite a while since I've seen it on their website but I do check for it occasionally because I wouldn't mind having a second copy for the parts.  Have you tried setting up an in stock notification for it on the Lego Website?  If not you should.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,226
    Rraider said:

Like karrit said: check the alternate retailer. Here in Canada it's a TRU exclusive, and they have *loads* at my local one.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,373
    I like the new sets - HP normally has some good sets that are MOC fodder, or otherwise easily moddable; however, I'm put off by the number of figs/cost.
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 46
    karrit said:
    Rraider said:

It was only available as a retailer exclusive for Kohl's in the U.S. besides being available directly from Lego.  I bought mine from Kohl's when it first released with a discount via Kohl's Cash.  I've only very rarely seen it show up available from Kohl's online maybe twice since since I bought it after it was released but it's been quite a while since I've seen it on their website but I do check for it occasionally because I wouldn't mind having a second copy for the parts.  Have you tried setting up an in stock notification for it on the Lego Website?  If not you should.
    Thanks everyone. I was wondering if it was a retailer exclusive but didn’t even think Kohls might be the one. I have set up an in stock notice at Lego.com and with Brick Hound. I haven’t had much success with Lego notifying me in the past but Brink Hound has been pretty reliable. Guess I’ll keep an eye out for it at Kohls also. I just hope it comes back in stock soon.  
    karrit
    So... The list of Harry Potter: What's Missing? is getting shorter and shorter! With regular Tonks, OotP Sirius and Werewolf Lupin, there's hardly anything left to make a third CMF line from, apart from the still elusive Rita Skeeter. As for sets, there's Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron (hopefully not the super-expensive D2C yet to come, the Room of the Winged Keys, Tom Riddle's Diary (would fit into the Hogwarts Moments line), the Riddle House (not likely), the Quidditch World Cup (a tiny bit more likely), the Durmstrang Ship, the Second Task, the Maze (not much set potential in the film), the Hog's Head, the Hall of Prophecy, Dumbledore and Voldemort's duel, the inferi cave and several scenes from Deathly Hallows, chiefly Sky Battle, the tent, the Lovegood house, Malfoy Manor, Gringotts escape and the Room Where Everything is Hidden.

I feel like my collection will be nearing completion with this excellent Summer Wave, so it's mainly a new Second Task, a Hog's Head and the Lovegood house I will be crossing my fingers for from future waves. What's highest on your wishlist?

Do you think the Grimmauld Place set makes a Grimmauld Place Advent Calendar more or less likely? I think perhaps more likely, but not until next year. My bet this year is a Hogsmeade based one, either from PoA or OotP. I also think the trials for the Philosopher's Stone would make a good Advent Calendar, but probably not immediately after last year's non-Christmas PS calendar.
    wardm
    There are now pictures out there of all the 2021-22 Hogwarts sets combined, and they actually look very good! The new sets with their angles and hinges really tie the castle together. I'm still not getting the summer sets, but they do look good.
    wardmdpa1