Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Harry Potter Discussion

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 958
    edited December 2019
    jnscoelho said:
    I hope that if there's really a HP S2 CMFs, it's just HP and not Fantastic Beasts. And no chase figures.
    It’s good for a person to have hopes and dreams...
    BumblepantsAddicted2Oxygenkhmellymel
  • RoebuckRoebuck Slitu, NorwayMember Posts: 62
    HP news are starting to leak out of Nuremberg toy fair ;)
    For some strange reason we seem to be getting a 4 Privet Drive set based on COS with the Dursley's, Harry, Ron and Dobby an addition to a new flying owl mould!
    I was only expecting sets from film 5-6 this year :S

TkattKungFuKenny
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 115
    Was hoping for a Privet Drive set up.   I hope it’s a decent design.  A full 4 sided modular type would be good.  Something fun to build like diagonal alley or the burrows.  But not so good that I’ll want to recreate the whole street.  It’s a long street.  
    Another new set in the forbidden forrest with Harry, Hermione, Umbridge, 2 Centaurs and a brickbuilt Grawp pluss a tree!

Astronomy tower with Harry, Hermione, Neville, Draco, Ron, Luna, Lavender Brown and Slughorn.

Room of Requirement with Harry, Hermione, Luna with rabbit and otter patronus!

TkattKungFuKenny
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 479
    And it seems the new CMF will indeed come true. I just hope there's no chase figure, of if there is, at least let it be from Fantastic Beasts, so I can let it go.
    TkattKungFuKenny
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 269
    If the rumours are true (which I really hope they are) then I'm beginning to wonder if LEGO has somehow lost the rights to the Weasley family apart from Ron. Unless the very welcome news of a CoS Privet Drive 4 means we're getting a CoS Burrow in August. It's very interesting to note how they seem to be steering away from conflict in almost all of these sets. They probably appeal to a greater audience that way, and we'll probably get our fill of Death Eaters in the CMF series.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 322
    @J0rgen I don't understand, how would anybody lose the rights to making characters based on a franchise where they exist? I mean that's like LEGO being able to make every other villain, but Joker is no longer allowed ever again.
    Snizzlebutts
    @Odeinoichus It is something that happens with comic characters, but I don't think it's happened to the Weasleys. Their absence is just very conspicuous.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 396
    Was hoping for a Privet Drive set up.   I hope it’s a decent design.  A full 4 sided modular type would be good.  Something fun to build like diagonal alley or the burrows.  But not so good that I’ll want to recreate the whole street.  It’s a long street.  
    I give it a 0.00000000000001% chance that it will be an enclosed structure.  You'll have to mod it if you want that.  
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76dvw2
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,294
    J0rgen said:
    @Odeinoichus It is something that happens with comic characters, but I don't think it's happened to the Weasleys. Their absence is just very conspicuous.
    Comic Book characters are a very different matter, with multiple creators and licences from different times. All the Harry Potter characters should be under the same licence - not necessarily the case with Fantastic Beasts though. 
    gmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,413
    Could the actors have declined to allow their likenesses to be licensed?
    panchox1
    They could but I think with minifigutes theyd be hard pushed to prove its based on them specifically rather than the character in general. 
    panchox1gmonkey76
    daewoo said:
    I give it a 0.00000000000001% chance that it will be an enclosed structure.  You'll have to mod it if you want that. 
    Yeah, if it’s only around $80 then I agree.   Would be nice though.  Just expensive and I’ve been put on a firm LEGO budget so it could be a relief if it’s not.  

As far as the Weasleys go, I’ve collected some.  Fred, George and I think Mr and Mrs. (would have to look to make sure about Mr Weasley). And Ginny too.  A few different Ginnys if I’m not mistaken.   Haven’t looked in a while because I gave up trying to find a display box large enough to fit them all.  They’re all just hanging around waiting and will continue to be because now there’s going to be even more.  Last I looked I was only missing Harry in a tux.  But I digress.    Anyway, there’s some already produced.  Maybe just not enough of them?  

The Weasley comment was just a joke. I'm sure it's all part of the grand scheme of HP's glorious return. I have all the 2010/11 Weasleys myself, and they hold up great, it's just very strange how they've been left out of the reboot so far. I hope we get Fred and George with «F» and «G» sweaters in the CMFs.
    KungFuKennypanchox1gmonkey76dvw2LittleLorisnowhitie
    J0rgen said:
    The Weasley comment was just a joke. I'm sure it's all part of the grand scheme of HP's glorious return.
    Ok. Gotcha 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    edited February 9
    Looking forward to see these new sets! The advent calendar seems ages ago now :) Do hope to get some more Weasly's. I've made my own Fred and George Quidditch players but be grand to have official ones.

edit: realise I've just used 'grand' again for the 5th time today, I've been watching too much of the Irish sketch troupe 'Foil,arms and Hog' me thinks. If you don't know them, I think they are very very funny, so if you need a laugh, there's lots of them on Youtube.
    dpa1KungFuKennyCasper_vd_KorfMr_CrossBumblepants
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 231
    SumoLego said:
    Aluminum Falcons

Hahahahaha.

I wonder how long it will be before we get Diagon Alley again.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,102
    So, (my) suggestions (probably more of a wishlist) for the second line of CMF...
    • Kingsley
    • Percy
    • Sirius (Grimauld Place attire)
    • Prof Sprout
    • Lucius Malfoy (deatheater garb)
    • Bellatrix
    • Fred
    • George
    • Ravenclaw pupil (Padma?)
    • Gryffindor pupil (Parvati?)
    • Hufflepuff pupil (Ernie Macmillan?)
    • Slytherin pupil (Crabbe, Goyle or Pansy Parkinson) (or perhaps Tom Riddle from CoS)
    • Mundungus
    • Kreacher
    • Lockhart
    • Griphook
    • Tonks
    Obviously there would "need" to be a Harry, Ron & Hermione in the mix, but the only ones I could see actively hunting out would be Polyjuice potion versions from the Deathly Hallows that featured "alternate expression" faces and extra hair pieces.

Nagini as seen in FB2 with Credence would have been nice, but if rumours are correct this is a set of 16 from the HP era. It's a shame too as I'd like a "young" Dumbledore.
    snowhitieKungFuKennyLittleLori
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    edited February 13
    ^ I like your list! I'd like a Neville in a 'normal' version as well and maybe a Fudge (and just in case @SumoLego asks, I mean the minister, not a sweet).
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennyLittleLori
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 67
    ^ I would like both actually!
    snowhitie
    There's going to be at least one Harry, Ron and Hermione among them. The most specialized versions we're missing would be Lake Task Harry, Quidditch Ron and Cat Hermione. Cat Hermione would go well with Lockhart and Moaning Myrtle. There's no way we're getting another Fudge outside of a set.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 646
    CMF minifigure serie bag leaked: prof Sprout with mandrake, Luna Lovegood with lionhead, Dumbledore with hat and Fawkes, Kingsley Shacklebolt, 3rd year Neville with monster book of monsters (new book cover part), prison break Bellatrix Lestrange with wanted poster, year six Harry with advanced potion making book (new cover), Moaning Myrtle, Griphook
    VERY happy with all of these.. there should be 7 more figures (16 in total)
    so excited and curious about the other ones! 
    KungFuKenny
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 674
    Kinda bummed they've dropped the FB figs as I wanted young Dumbledore and Leta
    Roebuckklintonwardm
    edited March 14
    They look great, but the best one is Fawkes :D

Yes, would have been better with 16+6 like last time..

Something looks off on that bag to me. 

Weird that they are doing the mandrake a different way to Neville's, moaning myrtle being blue seems odd too when the ghosts done previously have been more grey than anything else.

Might be genuine but I'm staying skeptical for now 
    gmonkey76
    Shib said:
    Something looks off on that bag to me. 

Weird that they are doing the mandrake a different way to Neville's, moaning myrtle being blue seems odd too when the ghosts done previously have been more grey than anything else.

Might be genuine but I'm staying skeptical for now 
    Was my first thought also until I saw the pictures on:
    https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-71028-minifiguren/96825/

Mr_Cross
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 975
    Oh yes!!!!!
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,102
    Happy with that :-)
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 970
    Yeah, it makes me a bit sad that FB isn't getting a lot of love from Lego. I really enjoy the films, and the sets and minifigs we have gotten have been brilliant. I would just like to see more. HP keeps getting all kinds of amazing stuff, while FB has seen two sets and a handful of minifigs. I totally get it though. HP holds masiv appeal across all age groups while FB isn't so well regarded. If it moved units like HP, they'd make more.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 958
    edited March 14
    klinton said:
    Yeah, it makes me a bit sad that FB isn't getting a lot of love from Lego. I really enjoy the films, and the sets and minifigs we have gotten have been brilliant. I would just like to see more. HP keeps getting all kinds of amazing stuff, while FB has seen two sets and a handful of minifigs. I totally get it though. HP holds masiv appeal across all age groups while FB isn't so well regarded. If it moved units like HP, they'd make more.
    Well, the pic only shows some of the minifigs, so there is a small chance that there could be a couple of FB characters included still... I’m just praying that there will be an even distribution and no chase figures (I’m looking at you Percival Graves)
    Mr_Cross
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 970
    Well, the pic only shows some of the minifigs, so there is a small chance that there could be a couple of FB characters included still... I’m just praying that there will be an even distribution and no chase figures (I’m looking at you Percival Graves)
    The logo is distinctly "Harry Potter" though and not "Wizarding World" like the last series was. I suppose they could sneak in a couple of FB characters regardless though. *crossy-mcfingers*
    KungFuKenny
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,449
    ^WW logo at the bottom of the bag...
    Getting Harry in his outfit from the end of OotP with the Half-blood Prince book seems strange to me. Especially as we'll most likely get that outfit in the Grawp set. Wouldn't mind if these turned out to be real, though.
    I’m guessing we’ll see more FB sets/minifigs when the new movies come out (if they’re not being cancelled, since the third one has been postponed)
    Cautiously hoping these are coming!   If the advert isn’t official LEGO then... those are some serious competition.  They look great.  
    There’s a Lavender & Ron figure coming with the clothes they’re wearing in the scene where Hermione attacks Ron with those birds in half-blood prince! 
    The Lavender fig i surprising in a bad way... I was sure they were going to reuse Dorothy's hair!
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 271
    Dorothy's hair with different color and pink ribbons would have probably worked well. It sounds like it's a Friends hairpiece that may have somewhere for a bow, so maybe she'll have an oversized bow that the leaker doesn't have or know about?
    I think she’s not wearing braided hair in the scene she wears this outfit...
    I keep going back to the leaked sticker sheet for Privet Drive. I think it might end up being my favourite set of the year :D
    wardm
    Yeah! I just hope the house won’t be just a facade.... I’m really curious to how they’re going to insert all the pictures and the cupboard under the stairs! Can’t wait!
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 125
    This year's wave is gearing up to be pretty sweet :) 

I just hate that my HP display area is already busting at the seams!
    Weepy_Donuts
    While I don't expect this year's set to be «just a facade» like the 2002 version, I think it will have a surprisingly similar layout, with focus on Harry's cupboard and bedroom, as well as the kitchen and living room. All the same content with far greater detail both outside and in.
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 104
    Yeah very interested to see what all is included. Certainly under the stairs, front door, and perhaps Harry's room upstairs? What I am having a hard time understanding is that the stickers seem to encompass two different timelines of Harry at home. Prior to the first year when he's living under the stairs, but then also the flying car which is when he's living upstairs prior to his 2nd year...
    gmonkey76
    @im2cre8iv Just think of it as the Death Star of Harry Potter ;)
    wardmBumblepants7BS560Heliportim2cre8ivKungFuKennyJern92
  • blakusdkblakusdk PerthMember Posts: 42
    Seeing the new dragons in Ninjago has me hoping for an epic Ukrainian Ironbelly escape from Gringotts in the future.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 387

A good looking polybag revealed today

khmellymelKungFuKennyguachi
  • dpa1dpa1 Member Posts: 6
    I see two new Harry Potter sets added to the database with no images or names, can't wait to see what's in store 😁
    wardm
    According to a new Instagram post we'll see pics of the new sets on Thursday. Very excited!

After the new Horntail I wouldn't get my hopes up @blakusdk
    KungFuKennybpk2300blakusdk