Police minifig with Working flashlight

eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
Hi all,

a friend of mine found a police minifig holding a flashlight for sale. Doesn’t sound Very special, but when you press the figs head, the flashlight actually works:
Did Some digging already and it appears to be a fig from set #7237:

Seller claims it was only part of a set for about half a Year. Anyone know anything about this oddity?
catwranglerFizyxandrelego

Comments

• eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    W8, Just read the text from the database properly... so it seems to be a real LEGO-item. Cool. Anyone who has one?
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343
    I do. It did indeed come with a police station set, but then, later on, that set was produced with a regular figure instead of this one. 
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 378
    Anyone know how to potentially change the batteries in these figs? I have some of the old Star Wars light up figs (Vader, Luke, Anakin).
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 834
    Yep - I've got one of these.  Got one of the Darth Vaders that has the light up lightsabre when you push the head too.. I expect that neither of them work now though and some very major minifig surgery would be required to replace the battery?
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Anyone know how to potentially change the batteries in these figs? I have some of the old Star Wars light up figs (Vader, Luke, Anakin).
    There are YouTube videos that show you how to replace the batteries,  it's actually pretty simple.  there is a small hole on the side of the torso. you can push a paper clip into it and it goes between the 2 batteries inside and pushes the back plate out. There are 2 batteries inside in case you need to buy some. 
    madforLEGO
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 709
    Yeah, i've got one of these as well. Mine came from a box of Lego bought at a car boot sale.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    ^^ i still have the boxed set with the light up Vader. It work for eight years before giving out. 
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 378
    edited December 2017
    I have a crazy idea. If you were to use a light up fig for a display, since they seem to be relatively easy to disassemble, perhaps you could replace the batteries with tiny wires and slip them out of a crack so you could use an external supply to light them continuously.

EDIT: you would have to bypass the switch somehow too.
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    Thanks for All the reply Guys! My friend bought the fig, and is awaiting arrival.

@Cyberdragon: Maybe display it upside down? ;)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    Yes it came with a police station set about a decade ago. I bought that station as one of my first post Dark Ages sets. Just gave it to my five year old nephew.