Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 584
    edited October 2018
    ^^ wouldn't surprise me if it was over - TLG probably assume their 'general' audience will buy Lego no matter what before Xmas so they have little to no incentive at their end to give us another offer. Still need that Kessel Mine Worker though...
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 907
    edited October 2018
    pgeorge said:
    Hi there!

my 2-cents on this topic. Just talked with CS over the phone and told me that the promotion is over and they are not gonna offer anything more. It's a shame that this promotion had potential and at the end all the offers were not enough or disappointing.
    Well, I don't think that adds up to:

"A full year of special Star Wars themed offers throughout 2018."

...not by a long shot. If nothing else is forthcoming, I think it's a matter for trading standards. Sorry LEGO, love your product, but I think this is very poor conduct.

The promotion information page looks like it has disappeared too... this is exceedingly shifty.
    gmonkey76Legoboy
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    pgeorge said:
    Hi there!

my 2-cents on this topic. Just talked with CS over the phone and told me that the promotion is over and they are not gonna offer anything more. It's a shame that this promotion had potential and at the end all the offers were not enough or disappointing.
    Was it clear that they mean the promotions for existing black card holders are over, and not that the promotion to get a black card is over?

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2018
    All I can say is that I have seriously reduced my spending on Lego because of this stupidity.  A few extra measly VIP points is not going to get me back to where I had been.
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsgmonkey76arathemis
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 364
    Haven’t really chimed in because my feelings have already been expressed numerous times, but if this latest news is true, I’m pretty pissed. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that the employees don’t always strike me as up to date on developments and the answer could change depending on who is on the phone. That said, I haven’t called, but another poster received a written response that other offers are forthcoming. The response was posted earlier in the thread.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 450
    Ì received an email from CS about it this morning and in the email was : 

"Keep in mind that the year isn't over yet so keep an eye out for more exclusive promotions!"

So maybe not over yet after all. The first promo for the black card was February, so if they truly are offering a "full year" then, by rights, it should continue until February next year
    gmonkey76Mr_CrossBaby_YodaCCC
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 668
    edited October 2018
    Muftak1 said:

"Keep in mind that the year isn't over yet so keep an eye out for more exclusive promotions!"
    Loosely translated as "Oh, so you haven't had enough of our orange-painted turd on a string yet? Well here you go, have some more."
    Muftak1SprinkleOtter
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    Muftak1 said:
    Ì received an email from CS about it this morning and in the email was : 

So maybe not over yet after all. The first promo for the black card was February, so if they truly are offering a "full year" then, by rights, it should continue until February next year
    I imagine it is right, and there will be something more.

"The promotion" is over. You cannot get a black card any more. They are not going to offer anything more if you buy a UCS MF. It was probably a lack of understanding by a CS rep if the reply a few posts above is to be believed.
    Mr_Cross
    On consideration, I guess I'm looking for something a bit more than a keyring, the Kessel Mine worker, another crud poster or double points. I think it needs to be exclusive, even if it's just special packaging on a set that contains little more than regular parts. I'm going to struggle to justify paying full price from LEGO otherwise.
    gmonkey76
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 722
    edited October 2018
    @Mr_Cross, same here.

However, if they were going to do something before the end of the year, it would have to be in production by now. So if they don't have something in the pipeline already, there's little we can do, other than shame them into extending the offer period and sending something out next year.

The SSDC MilF cockpit would be a good candidate, in my mind. Or even a re-run of #6176782 Escape the Space Slug. "Exclusive" packaging would be more appropriate for what we offered, but I would be very happy with either. Ecstatic with both.
    Astrobricks
    ^ Han in Carbonite* Brickheadz when you buy Boba Brickheadz would be my 'go to'.

* It's the computer panels I want, and bricks and pieces don't have them anymore (if they ever had them as spares).
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,705
    edited October 2018
    Mr_Cross said:
    pgeorge said:
    Hi there!

Well, I don't think that adds up to:

"A full year of special Star Wars themed offers throughout 2018."

...not by a long shot. If nothing else is forthcoming, I think it's a matter for trading standards. Sorry LEGO, love your product, but I think this is very poor conduct.

The promotion information page looks like it has disappeared too... this is exceedingly shifty.
    The issue you will have if you want to take it to TS is with the line on the promotion "The Lego Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time". This is at the bottom of the paper that the card came on. In effect it allows Lego to do what they want with the promotion so if you get nothing for the rest of the year you won't really be able to complain. It is done in case companies cannot meet demand as effectively if you buy something and it comes with a free item they have to forfill that bit as it is part of the contact you enter. But the clause allows them to get out of it and as it is obvious it means that people can struggle to get something they expected. 

• HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    A disclaimer saying they can cancel or modify the promotion whenever they want isn't going to stop me from complaining.  That's just to protect them legally. They should be raked over the coals in the court of public opinion. 
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsgmonkey76oldtodd33SumoLegobgl_84SprinkleOttersonatine01
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 722
    Mr_Cross said:
    ^ Han in Carbonite* Brickheadz when you buy Boba Brickheadz would be my 'go to'.

* It's the computer panels I want, and bricks and pieces don't have them anymore (if they ever had them as spares).
    Yes! Another great exclusive they could give us. Those panels are nice.
    BrickByBrick
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    Mr_Cross said:

Don't you dare.  I paid a lot of money for my Hans in Carbonite.
    Mr_CrossSumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    ^ but these Hans come on a dais, with a light brick and a Brickheadz Jabba, Bib Fortuna and Salacious Crumb, in a special commemorative box with a letter of apology signed by Kirk Kjeld himself.
    SprinkleOtter
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 589
    edited October 2018
    Benefits of the MF Black Card:

1.  Looking cool in the Lego store during checkout.

That's all I got.

Seriously though, I've probably been in Lego stores about once a month or every other month since getting the black card and every time I ask if there's any black card promotion and it's met by employees with blank stares and confusion.  The last time I jokingly complained about it and a very nice employee who was feeling my pain tossed in the free Lego VIP promotional set even though my purchase was nowhere near the threshold.  So there's that! 
    gmonkey76FowlerBricksHanzo
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,705
    Hanzo said:
    A disclaimer saying they can cancel or modify the promotion whenever they want isn't going to stop me from complaining.  That's just to protect them legally. They should be raked over the coals in the court of public opinion. 
    Don't get me wrong people are right to be very angry about it. I think the publicity and bad will is going to hurt them It was more to @Mr_Cross point about going to trading standards.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,370
    Benefits of the MF Black Card:

1.  Looking cool in the Lego store during checkout.

That's all I got.

Seriously though, I've probably been in Lego stores about once a month or every other month since getting the black card and every time I ask if there's any black card promotion and it's met by employees with blank stares and confusion.  The last time I jokingly complained about it and a very nice employee who was feeling my pain tossed in the free Lego VIP promotional set even though my purchase was nowhere near the threshold.  So there's that! 
       1. Looking like a fool in the Lego Store during check out for believing Lego would follow through with their promo. 

There, fixed that for you:)
    gmonkey76Muftak1SprinkleOtterFollowsClosely
  • TokerToker CTMember Posts: 38
    I bought the UCS Falcon last October and was happy to see my black VIP card earlier this year. I honestly forgot there was a year long promotion that was tied to it. I came back today to check to see if I missed anything. Not really surprised I didn't.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,168
    I’m as disappointed as the next person about the lack of benefits, but at this point we’ve beaten this dead horse to dust.
    mak0137
    Until the dust vaporises it can never be enough ;)
    SprinkleOtter
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,489
    ...to dust...
    This is Thanos's fault!
    SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    I too had an email back from CS saying that they can't give details of future promotions, but to make sure I keep an eye on my email inbox.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 345
    Just had a live chat with LEGO. I asked whether there would be anymore promotions and this is the reply I got:

You're very welcome! It sounds like at the moment we know there'll be at least one more promotion, but what it'll be we're not exactly sure. We normally have another big Star Wars™ event before the year ends, but the date isn't up yet! I would suggest keeping a close eye on your emails because that's where we'll be announcing those special promotion for our Black card members!
    omniumBrainsluggedFireheart
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 298
    Just had a live chat with LEGO. I asked whether there would be anymore promotions and this is the reply I got:

You're very welcome! It sounds like at the moment we know there'll be at least one more promotion, but what it'll be we're not exactly sure. We normally have another big Star Wars™ event before the year ends, but the date isn't up yet! I would suggest keeping a close eye on your emails because that's where we'll be announcing those special promotion for our Black card members!
    Thank you :)

Dear valued Lego SW BC Customer,

As we didn't realise that, the most talked about and sought after release, for a long time, would be so popular, we messed up. Please have 10% off of our 2 worst selling SW sets. Yes, of course we know you can get them with 20% off at another well known online previously large book reseller intent on world domination and to pay its workers less than minimum wage and never pay tax again ever, in any country, but, this is from us. Also, have a sniff of the stinking turd we've put in your delivery box.

Merry Christmas,
    560Heliportgmonkey76obi_gBrainsluggedLuLegoBaby_Yoda
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 923

I emailed LEGO a couple of weeks ago and relayed my disappointment at the current situation.  They quickly replied, accepting that the situation wasn't brilliant, and confirmed that they'd send me a #75168 as a gesture of goodwill.

I received a shipping notification on 18th, but it seems to have disappeared into Yodel's system, never to be seen again.  I contacted them again tonight and they offered to Express me another set or refund me.... I gave up at that point.

However, they did hint that another promo is planned, so all may not yet be lost:

<meme> 'No. There is another' </meme>

Mr_Crossbandit778gmonkey76Baby_Yodasid3windr
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    @Lobot  I had an order shipped on the 18th which has also not arrived,  I emailed CS on Thursday as the tracking link still showed Yodel were awaiting the parcel.  When they replied they told me

"There was an issue with orders shipped out through Yodel on October 18th. For some reason the tracking is not updating for many people and this is a known issue. But your package should still be delivered on time within in the 3-7 working days"

However 7 working days have now passed and still no parcel so I shall be in touch with them again tomorrow.

Lobot
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,548
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Is it weird that my phone's suggested words after "Did" are "you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"
    It's not an auto complete the Jedi would tell you.
    drdavewatfordSumoLegogmonkey76M_Bossstarwars4everBaby_YodaSithLord196BrickByBrickHanzo
    I think it ends with "some random guy named Snoke getting cut in half by a 'Skywalker', then a laser sword dance-fight for the Universe ensues".

Geez, my 'suggested' words appear to be very specific.
    Switchfoot55SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    " I would suggest keeping a close eye on your emails because that's where we'll be announcing those special promotion for our Black card members!" ?????

They seem to have forgotten to email me about the last promotion....this is the only forum I can figure out if something is happening.
    gmonkey76
  • stevemackstevemack 1567km Drive From BillundMember Posts: 879
    adiemc said:
    @Lobot  I had an order shipped on the 18th which has also not arrived,  I emailed CS on Thursday as the tracking link still showed Yodel were awaiting the parcel.  When they replied they told me

"There was an issue with orders shipped out through Yodel on October 18th. For some reason the tracking is not updating for many people and this is a known issue. But your package should still be delivered on time within in the 3-7 working days"

However 7 working days have now passed and still no parcel so I shall be in touch with them again tomorrow.

Same here odd, seems anything sent on that day has gone missing.  I've just had replacements sent out next day via DHL,
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,023
    For me, when I think about the original draw to getting the MF last year, it was somewhat to do with the "exclusive" benefits I would be waiting for the next year.  A lot of companies do stuff like this.  If you become a "VIP" member of some sort, or sign up for a special credit card, etc. you get certain exclusive benefits or other items.

I was thinking, and I know this is a long shot, but that there would be a monthly giveaway or promotion - IE double VIP points, 10% off....

Alas, we basically have received next to nothing - whether thats intentional, LEGO just saying hey we got them to bite the bait or we have so many customers it doesnt matter, OR, unintentional, they failed to realize the total number of customers who would qualify and they realized they wouldnt be able to accommodate such a number.

Either way, epic fail as they say.
    Mr_Crossbandit778gmonkey76
    Yeah, it's better from that perspective, but its still an £80 spend to qualify for a VERY poor mini-build and a desireable mini-figure...
    This news has acted like a catalyst for reigniting my dissatisfaction with TLGs promotions department (and the company as a whole) and as a result I'm actually finding that despite the gesture from LEGO, I'm not feeling any less ripped-off by the Black VIP card debacle.
    £80 is just too much to buy from the overpriced [email protected] for a GWP.
    I'm wondering whether skipping franchises is enough, I'm actually considering whether my money (the little I have) would be better spent elsewhere entirely.
    I'm pretty irritated by this.
    gmonkey76obi_g
    stevemack said:
    adiemc said:

Same here odd, seems anything sent on that day has gone missing.  I've just had replacements sent out next day via DHL,
    Just had a reply from CS and mine is also being resent Express delivery.  However very disappointed to be informed that the Rocket and Groot Brickheadz set - which was on back order, ships in 30 days - has now been cancelled as it is now sold out and they aren't sure when it will be available again in the UK.  
    BrickByBrick
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 709
    @adiemc Thanks for the heads up. I ordered #41626 Groot & Rocket from eBay at a small mark up after I searched lots of different lego shops online only to find it's only available on Amazon and eBay in the UK, in limited quantities and inflated prices! It will probably be back in stock at [email protected] tomorrow after my panic buy! :-)
    With these CS replies coming back saying keep an eye out for at least one more promotion I would've thought they would have to offer it soon but would they really have it overlap with the other GWPs going on in November? Perhaps it's classic tactics and they'll activate the (probably pants) reward just after the November GWPs end at the beginning of December.

I would quite like a black VIP benefit after 2019 sets become available, then at least if the benefit is something simple like double or triple points I would actually want to buy some sets, if rumours and leaks of upcoming Star Wars sets are to be believed. I can't see myself buying any more of the 2018 sets at RRP that's for sure. I've left a few for May the Fourth next year - forward planning half a year ahead. Perhaps we'll see official sets from 2019 soon anyway because TLG will likely be shoving them at the American market for Black Friday - or as we in the UK call it - "that Friday that has a few deals online before Christmas".
    ^ Probably pants?
    ^ Probably pants?
    Unlikely underpants?
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Probably pants?
    Unlikely underpants?
    Given the UK parlance, probably underpants.
    sid3windr
    Pants = rubbish*

*rubbish = garbage
    AstrobricksAddicted2OxygenSumoLegoMr_CrossBaby_Yodasid3windr
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 305
    Yeah it'll probably be a pants set, just 100 pairs of legs with different designs meant to tie in with the where are my pants guy cameo in TLM2. What that has to do with star wars I have no idea
    Sir, you just won the internet today.  
    560HeliportSumoLegoBrickByBrickterfstenBaby_Yoda
    MrJackson said:
    Yeah it'll probably be a pants set, just 100 pairs of legs with different designs meant to tie in with the where are my pants guy cameo in TLM2. What that has to do with star wars I have no idea
    Sir, you just won the internet today.  
    Seems like such an achievement might deserve a Like?
    Switchfoot55Mr_Cross560Heliportr_ickeSumoLegoBrickByBrickterfsten
    @adiemc Thanks for the heads up. I ordered #41626 Groot & Rocket from eBay at a small mark up after I searched lots of different lego shops online only to find it's only available on Amazon and eBay in the UK, in limited quantities and inflated prices! It will probably be back in stock at [email protected] tomorrow after my panic buy! :-)
    Managed to find a single set in a branch of The Entertainer this morning thankfully!  My replacement parcel was shipped today by DHL and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, though I have been informed that the minifigure frame is no longer available so I have been credited some VIP points as an apology for that and the missing parcel.
    edited October 2018
    Pants = rubbish*

*rubbish = garbage
    This makes that 1000x funnier.
    What that has to do with star wars I have no idea
    It's because all they did was play space checkers, plus it turns out that hairy one's a dude, and the metal one too, all dudes.
    Mr_Crossobi_ggmonkey76SprinkleOtterBaby_YodaOldfan
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 581
    ^ but Lando's thing was capes, not pants. Wouldn't a capes set make more sense? Also half the characters didn't wear pants anyways... 

Unless this set is supposed to correct that by providing new pants for Chewy, C-3PO, R2, etc...

In fact, maybe we could get pants versions of stormtrooper legs and vader legs so they could comfortably conquer the galaxy. Y'know without all that bulky armor. Casual Friday attire. 
    SumoLegoterfstenMr_CrossAddicted2Oxygenstlux