Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,838
    ^ The card privileges are coming from the Devil's anus.
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254

Sure enough, it came today all
     the way from Budapest, Hungary. 
    snowhitiebandit778MegtheCatFizyxomniumgmonkey76FowlerBrickskiki180703
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    Personally I just like having - and using - the black card.  It's almost always a talking point with Lego cashiers, and several of them wanted to have a closer look because it was the first one they'd seen.

If we do get some bonus points / gifts / offers, then that's great, but if the benefits turn out to be a bit 'meh' I'm not that bothered.  It was a bit of fun but for me it was all about building the Falcon, which was a terrific 10 days.

Not looking forward to taking it apart though...
    drdavewatfordFizyxsnowhitieFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    But does the VIP card number match the queue number?
    OrmskirkBricks
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621
    I ordered the UCS MF in late December.  My VIP card arrived yesterday.
    gmonkey76
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    .......I cant believe i just read this whole thread, lol...sigh... 
    Lego_Lord_Mayorcagmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,838
    edited April 2018
    Got mine yesterday too! Now I am excited to use it for whatever lame offer is going to happen next. That wasn't sarcasm, I will probably get suckered into buying in on whatever it is.
    Legoboy
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    ^ Mine have been put away for safe keeping.  They're worth more to me unscratched, unlost, unbreathed on than some crappy promo in store.  Hopefully they'd honour a physical promo on a photo or maybe a tag on their system.
    Bumblepantsomnium
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,838
    Legoboy said:
    ^ Mine have been put away for safe keeping.  They're worth more to me unscratched, unlost, unbreathed on than some crappy promo in store.  Hopefully they'd honour a physical promo on a photo or maybe a tag on their system.
    I think the offers work as long as you are logged in to the website or use your regular card in store. I plan on keeping mine perfect too. 

Even if all the offers end up being complete rubbish I am thrilled to have a unique Lego item with my name printed on it.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    ^Exactly.  It's so far or proven to be a complete disaster of a promotion for us, for which I'm willing to bet somebody at HQ is deeply embarrassed about, "Seemed like a good idea at the time".

Or maybe not. Maybe it actually served it's purpose in generating massive sales figures running up to Christmas.  Who knows?
    Bumblepantsomniumkiki180703
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    Legoboy said:

Or maybe not. Maybe it actually served it's purpose in generating massive sales figures running up to Christmas.  Who knows?
    I find myself wondering how much they've made just through selling this set. It would be really interesting to know how many have been sold, and if it's better or worse than Lego anticipated.
    omnium
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    ^ The fact they suffered severe shortages in the run up to Christmas would lead one to assume the sales were better than they expected...
    Fizyx
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,002
    Yay! New Star Wars sets...

Scratches head...

Drum rolls fingers...

Rubs chin...

Hmmm, new Star Wars sets...

Now, I'm not complaining, I’m just confused. As others have said, it’s great having the Black VIP card, and nice to have the time to try to save. I'm just surprised there's not one of the exclusive promotions running to tie in right now.
    BumblepantsLobotgmonkey76Muftak1OrmskirkBrickskiki180703
    edited May 2018
    New Black card VIP rewards. Kinda disappointed that the blueprint is only free with a purchase, but at least we get entered in the contest for free!

Unique code removed.

77ncaachamps
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,002
    ^ you've shared your unique code in that image there, perhaps one of the mods could remove that for you... @Huw or @drdavewatford maybe?
    LobotFireheartSeanTheCollectorTheLegoMaster35M_BossSprinkleOtterkiki180703
    edited May 2018
    Whoops forgot about that. Thanks for spotting that out. 
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 943

Good call @Mr_Cross - at least it proves that they're all unique!

Mr_CrossM_Boss
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 347
    Pebbles said:
    Legoboy said:

I find myself wondering how much they've made just through selling this set. It would be really interesting to know how many have been sold, and if it's better or worse than Lego anticipated.
    I have it on very good authority, that demand, MASSIVELY, outstripped supply and forecast. I was quoted figures of a conservative 14k sets worldwide was thought, down from a possible forecast of 18k sets to sell in a quarter, but at Xmas they didnt think at the price point they would sell. In all honesty, they could have sold 48k sets at launch
    Fizyxbeemo
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 866
    ^ But that's a GOOD thing isn't it? You'd have thought Lego would be going all-out on the bonuses to celebrate smashing their sales forecasts and to say thanks to their most fervent customers. After all, anyone buying today is double VIP points and a brick-built BB8 better off than all the early purchasers. 
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    ^ But that's a GOOD thing isn't it? You'd have thought Lego would be going all-out on the bonuses to celebrate smashing their sales forecasts and to say thanks to their most fervent customers. After all, anyone buying today is double VIP points and a brick-built BB8 better off than all the early purchasers. 
    Yeah, but if the bonuses are physical things, then they have to be manufactured, which takes time.  And especially when LEGO has been having trouble keeping capacity high enough to fill their demand the last couple of years, it's not always an easy thing to get emergency orders through.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    edited May 2018
    All customers are important, not just the first ones. Given the way LEGO handled demand, they would cause a lot of resentment if they gave a really cool exclusive to people that were able to get a black VIP card and not other purchasers of the UCS MF. Maybe reward them with a minifigure at Xmas time, but build it from regular parts. That way (i) everyone that wants the minifigure can obtain it and (ii) no extra parts would need to be printed. If necessary, put it in a clam shell type packaging, so it would be something like Bard or Azog comic con exclusives or the Lester figure. Exclusive in the packaging, but otherwise a regular figure.
    woony2
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    So, in a nut shell that lil black piece of paper got everyone a slightly larger  lil piece of blue paper :)
    If no one managed to use the code I accidentally posted, I’m thinking of trading it for something on the forum. Think it would be worth a Lester?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,475
    If no one managed to use the code I accidentally posted, I’m thinking of trading it for something on the forum. Think it would be worth a Lester?
    Considering I didn’t even have to use my code yesterday at the LEGO store, it seems like it might not be very valuable.
    Considering I didn’t even have to use my code yesterday at the LEGO store, it seems like it might not be very valuable.
    It might’ve showed up when they used you’re VIP account. Or if you used the black card. 
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,361
    Yeah. When I went into the Leicester Sq store, they didn't even know about the codes :) just handed out the freebies and chatted away.
    seems the entire black card is a crock... Other than being a very nice looking card, it is intrinsically pointless.
    gmonkey76
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,838
    It might’ve showed up when they used you’re VIP account. Or if you used the black card. 
    My BB8 bobble head, and even my discretionary freebie Scarif Stormtrooper poly are itemised on my receipt in store as 1p transactions, with that 1p spend refunded on the next line. No such transaction listed for the poster. I dare say that using someone else's code on [email protected] nay throw up an automated "computer says no", but in store, I doubt it.

Test the hypothesis by having a non black card holder try to claim one with someone else's code, when that someone else has already "used" it.

Any non-black card holders want to try their luck then pm me for my code.

My BB8 bobble head, and even my discretionary freebie Scarif Stormtrooper poly are itemised on my receipt in store as 1p transactions, with that 1p spend refunded on the next line. No such transaction listed for the poster. I dare say that using someone else's code on [email protected] nay throw up an automated "computer says no", but in store, I doubt it.

Test the hypothesis by having a non black card holder try to claim one with someone else's code, when that someone else has already "used" it.

Let me know if it works for someone!
    I guess you’re right that as long as they had my VIP number, they would know both that I’m a black card holder, and that I hadn’t used my code yet. So, maybe the code is just a gimmick.
    monkeyhanger said:

My BB8 rang up as $4.99 followed by -$4.99 “Mini BB-8 gift”, and my poster rang up similarly, except the value was $0.01. So, I guess that gives a clue how valuable they think it is.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 316
    @monkeyhanger already gave mine away and it was claimed with no issue. Will have to see if they actually get it .....
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 316
    Given that there appears to be enough posters to cover black cars holders walking into and shop and getting a poster, there is clearly a massive surplus. So I will not be surprised to see these given away to others. Most likely with purchases of the y wing only. 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    I think the "niceness" of having the VIP Black Card is a perk that TLG wants people to appreciate.  The fact that you got one should supposedly mean something.  I mean, don't get me wrong, it would have been nice to have a bi-monthly "perk" of some sort instead of the blueprint being only the (second?) exclusive promo - which, as we have found out, might not be that exclusive.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 764
    edited May 2018
    So the rundown of a 'Year of Exclusive Benefits':
    • February - Double Points, which anyone can get multiple times throughout the year
    • May - Poster from a £30 spend, which it appears anyone can get
    • May - Prize draw for a white gold R2D2, which unless someone admits to winning will just be consigned to memory
    As for the rest of the year - who knows? Perhaps now everyone who should have a Black VIP card has the physical card so that's out of the way on the whole. Couldn't we at least get something really awesome but non-controversial like early release of Summer Sets or even better early access to the rumoured (and seen?) Cloud City?
    snowhitieYo_dAkiki180703
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 323
    Whenever I had a customer bring in a Black card, they always had the physical card on them.  I tried looking up with the email address and when their VIP info would come up, there was no indication of Black status. It's certainly cool. But I'm glad I waited till I could use my discount rather than buying the Falcon for full price back in November.
    omniumdatsunrobbiekiki180703
    • February - Double Points, which anyone can get multiple times throughout the year
    Even worse, it was only on Star Wars purchases. 
  • mssloan1962mssloan1962 Member Posts: 10
    I've received my Black VIP card. I think I've only seen two special Black Card VIP deals so far:
    In February: 2 x VIP points on Star Wars purchases
    This month: A free Y‑Wing limited edition Blue Print (about A4 in size so a bit disappointing) on Star Wars purchases over £30. Also free entry into a draw for a one-of-one 18k White Gold R2‑D2.

Have I missed anything?

mssloan1962

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 796
    Have I missed anything?

Yes, the blueprint isn't a black card VIP exclusive - selected other retailers also had stocks to hand out with purchases of the Y-wing.
  • mssloan1962mssloan1962 Member Posts: 10
    Aleydita said:
    Have I missed anything?

Yes, the blueprint isn't a black card VIP exclusive - selected other retailers also had stocks to hand out with purchases of the Y-wing.

This deal is getting worse all the time

Bumblepantsgmonkey76bgl_84FizyxYo_dAexciter1kiki180703
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    omnium said:
    I'm doing all right. I got a free #75192 LEGO Millennium Falcon with my £650 Black VIP card.
    Im pretty sure you just won the internet today.
    omniumobi_gOrmskirkBricks77ncaachampskiki180703
    ^^ Like hog :P
    omnium
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 768
    I just can't believe I wrote "all right". I think someone must have edited my post behind my back ;)
    pharmjoddmcc0kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,949
    Okay - so I finagled one of the Y-Wing Schematic prints - it's tiny and a really sub-par "benefit" of spending $800.00 on LEGO.  Atleast the Hoth print from a few years ago is artistic and interesting to look at.  This is a total junk giveaway.

And by the way - can we get an official "The Last Jedi" minifigure movie poster already?

if someone is in the marketing department - please wake up!
    Muftak1davetheoxygenmansnowhitieFizyxMr_CrossBumblepantsstluxYo_dAkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    Someone paid $25 for one on BL!
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 323
    That's almost how much I paid for the Falcon...
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,877
    Anyone here thar built the new falcon able to confirm with me whether the inner white boxes come sealed or are not? I just got a like new open box and it's already not like new as it's missing the instructions. I'm curious if the inner boxes are also supposed to be sealed too.
    If I remember correctly, they are sealed. But as mine are already opened, I can’t say that 100%
    gmonkey76
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 32
    Yes, I can confirm the inner boxes are sealed. 
    gmonkey76pharmjod
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,877
    Yeah, that was a fail all around. I knew it was wrong when the shipping weight was only 18 pounds. And I'm pretty sure that manual isn't 12 pounds by itself. Back it goes.