Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,756
    My train parts are shipping, VIP cards removed from the order on the shipping confirmation with no mention at all about the 2 cards that were removed.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    I haven't gotten any email and I don't see this on their website. I guess we weren't supposed to know about it yet?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,204
    CS staff have to do something with their time. It is not like it is a busy time of the year! Oh wait, ...
    sid3windromniumLobot
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    I don't understand why it would cost $4.99 in USD - I mean - after what someone potentially puts down to buy the MF I would think this would be added to your cart free or maybe, maybe even sent out without the cardholder having to even do anything - that would be great but too much for them to handle I'm sure.
    gmonkey76
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,444
    So what's the deal with this?  Sorry - crazy day and haven't been able to plough through all the comments.

Is this going to be free to Black card holders, or gift-with-purchase?
    Do we know if it'll be available in store, or just with online purchases?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks!
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,623
    ^ The price and availability were a mistake. They are supposed to be free with star wars purchase and code. 
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,348
    @BooTheMightyHamster - I get the impression that the model will be available to black VIP card holders with any Star Wars purchase from shop.LEGO.com, beginning on the 7th of December. Presumably card holders will be issued with a code to redeem the offer via email between now and then.
    BooTheMightyHamsterSeanTheCollector
    ^Thanks for clarifying!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,088
    I don’t understand the people complaining that their orders got cancelled and things went off the rails when the availability of the set for purchase was obviously a mistake. If you stepped in it on purpose, then you should have been expecting some cleanup. We all know how “great” Lego’s web site is.
    560HeliportThe_RancorTokerdrdavewatfordM_BossBaby_YodaSithLord196
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,444
    Thanks @CapnRex101 - much appeciated.
    Just need to figure out if there are any SW sets I actually want...  ;o)
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Thanks @CapnRex101 - much appeciated.
    Just need to figure out if there are any SW sets I actually want...  ;o)
    Rumours are that even a keyring will be enough. I assume we'll have to pay for shipping, in that case.
    KerreMr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,609
    Same experience, order was in warehouse last night. Order was then cancelled this afternoon. I have the same email too. VIP points not re-applied yet either... for those that might be interested in knowing that LEGO seem to be being consistent.
    It's a shame the order didn't go through, although not unexpected. Fingers crossed that the promotion actually works as advertised and there are enough for the black VIP car holders... even if it is crud, it's exclusive crud I've waited a year for and I want it out of sheer bloody-mindedness.
    omniumbandit778
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,253
    I will treasure mine always*.

*Until they start selling for stupid amounts
    Mr_CrossSprinkleOtter
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    iso3200 said:
    In all the kerfuffle I thought I best dig out my Black VIP card in readiness. True to form, I've put it in a safe place so I didn't lose it. Very safe it would seem.

I'll let you guess the rest :-/
    Oh no!  Mine is awfully scuffed up from being in my wallet. Oh well. 

Wouldn’t it be awesome if the Minifigs had our names on them like the actual card?!  Honestly, if they’d done that alone- I would’ve been satisfied. 
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,623
    ^ If it's anything like my safe place, it's so safe you've forgotten where that safe place is. 
    iso3200
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    Do we know yet if the section in Red will be included as a tile? Or is this just to show where the card will sit, and we will just get the bricks for the frame and the minifigure?

• iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,063
    ^It’ll be a large sticker ;-)
    AstrobricksRainstorm26Mynattsid3windrCommanderRaab
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,756
    iso3200 said:
    covering multiple 2x4 tiles
    AstrobricksRainstorm26Mynattsid3windrCommanderRaab
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    No!  No no no no no!
    CommanderRaab
    iso3200 said:
    covering multiple 2x4 tiles
    Nope, it’s all 1x1 tiles under there ;-)
    datsunrobbieBrainsluggedRainstorm26sid3windrmak0137
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 594
    I don’t understand the people complaining that their orders got cancelled and things went off the rails when the availability of the set for purchase was obviously a mistake. If you stepped in it on purpose, then you should have been expecting some cleanup. We all know how “great” Lego’s web site is.
    It's the sense of entitlement.  It happens everytime across any site where a glitch is posted and gets corrected, i.e. orders get cancelled.  I can kind of empathize when it's a legit deal that gets cancelled or sold out early, but if I ever jump on a glitch sale, I never get my hopes up and go into it thinking it'll be corrected.  If it doesn't, awesome.  If it does...

560HeliportBrainsluggedAstrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,901
    Legoboy said:
    No!  No no no no no!
    That torso is a sticker too...
    LegoboySprinkleOtterBrainsluggedMynatt
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    This is like bad dream.  Like waking up in 1955.
    GothamConstructionCoBrainsluggedgmonkey76davetheoxygenmanSumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,015
    iso3200 said:
    In all the kerfuffle I thought I best dig out my Black VIP card in readiness. True to form, I've put it in a safe place so I didn't lose it. Very safe it would seem.

If you find it, can you see if there's a pair of cinema tickets with them. My wife and I got given a pair by Odeon and she put them in an equally safe place. A year ago.
    snowhitie
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 530
    iso3200 said:

Funnily enough I did the same thing.

I eventually came upon it purely by chance while I was doing a bit of cleaning up.

I also recently ordered the sticker sheet from the UCS B-Wing. That too was put somewhere safe. Unfortunately I haven't come across that as of yet.

Damn my short term memory!
    SumoLegoomnium

It's the sense of entitlement.  It happens everytime across any site where a glitch is posted and gets corrected, i.e. orders get cancelled.  I can kind of empathize when it's a legit deal that gets cancelled or sold out early, but if I ever jump on a glitch sale, I never get my hopes up and go into it thinking it'll be corrected.  If it doesn't, awesome.  If it does...

Which posts were complaining that orders had been cancelled? I cannot see any where there was a sense of entitlement to get this. I can see quite a few reporting theirs were cancelled but not complaining about it with a sense of entitlement. I can see some complaining about CS - for example, mine, where it took 13 minutes for the CS rep to find out that it can take up to 48 hours for VIP points to be returned on an order that they cancelled. I'm not complaining about not getting the glitch, I expected as much, I am complaining that the self called "experts" do not know the basics.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    I think the big complaint here is really a reinforcement of how badly the Black Card 'thing' has been run and how poor the commerce platform Lego has is (and yes we all know this). But in this day and age there is no excuse for a company of Lego's stature to be making such simple mistakes and run such a 'flaky platform'.

The bottom line, is, if an item is searchable on a site, can be added to a cart and processed through to payment, then it is fair game - technical glitch or otherwise.

I think almost everyone (myself included) who added it to cart and purchased expected the cancellation, or at the least were curious to see what would happen.

What will be bad and likely gain a bunch of complaints, is if the emails don't go out correctly or if they don't have the stock to match orders etc. (although if it is just standard black bricks with two stickers i doubt that will be an issue).

As i said a few posts back, this entire promo seems odd. If only black card owners can get these, then lego should have just posted one to each card owner and that would have been that and i think everyone would have been over the moon with that. To be frank hearing now that people that have spend hundreds of beans to get a card, now need to spend more just to get this seems off, especially given how Lego have spectacularly under delivered on their written promise (contract some would say) on year long offers....

Anyway - lets wait two days and see what happens
    sid3windrgmonkey76CoviPate5346sonatine01
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,446
    I don't understand why it would cost $4.99 in USD - I mean - after what someone potentially puts down to buy the MF I would think this would be added to your cart free or maybe, maybe even sent out without the cardholder having to even do anything - that would be great but too much for them to handle I'm sure.
    GWP sets are always listed at a nominal value. In Europe that's usually EUR/GBP 0.01, but in the US they normally ring up at something between USD 5-20? Doesn't mean that's what you are charged.

Doesn't excuse the [email protected] team from listing the set early, and let people order it without restrictions. I guess a temp messed up, and then the hamster running the site had to fix things when he/she woke up.
    Covioldtodd33piratemania7Baby_Yoda
    ^ There was a restriction ... of 99! :-)

Legoboy said:
    This is like bad dream.  Like waking up in 1955.
    Not a fan of poodle skirts and do-wop?
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 594
    CCC said:

Which posts were complaining that orders had been cancelled? I cannot see any where there was a sense of entitlement to get this. I can see quite a few reporting theirs were cancelled but not complaining about it with a sense of entitlement. I can see some complaining about CS - for example, mine, where it took 13 minutes for the CS rep to find out that it can take up to 48 hours for VIP points to be returned on an order that they cancelled. I'm not complaining about not getting the glitch, I expected as much, I am complaining that the self called "experts" do not know the basics.
    I wasn't saying that anyone was complaining about this particular issue but was replying to Astrobrick's comment in general.  Whether it's this thread/forum or any other site where deals/sale glitches are posted, there always ends up being a few people who start complaining when their glitched order gets cancelled or a deal sells out.
    CCC said:

I wasn't saying that anyone was complaining about this particular issue but was replying to Astrobrick's comment in general.  Whether it's this thread/forum or any other site where deals/sale glitches are posted, there always ends up being a few people who start complaining when their glitched order gets cancelled or a deal sells out.
    Yes. To clarify my comment, I’m not sure anyone was truly surprised by not getting it, but then going on about how poor TLG handled it is really just the same. We all know they don’t deal with technical hiccups well. Almost no large organization does.
    Baby_Yoda
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    ^given the amount of 'technical hiccups' they seem to have TLG should be experts at dealing with them now.
    oldtodd33gmonkey76Muftak1MrJackson
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 149
    Got a VIP email this morning..got excited it was for the exclusive frame...was a flyer for new Spider-Man sets....tantamount to web fraud
    BumblepantsbrickedinVorpalRyubandit778SumoLegoMr_CrosssnowhitieLobotBaby_Yoda
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,253
    nwr122 said:
    Got a VIP email this morning..got excited it was for the exclusive frame...was a flyer for new Spider-Man sets....tantamount to web fraud
    I approve of this pun
    VorpalRyunwr122SumoLegooldtodd33Mr_CrossCM4S
    CCC said:

Yes. To clarify my comment, I’m not sure anyone was truly surprised by not getting it, but then going on about how poor TLG handled it is really just the same. We all know they don’t deal with technical hiccups well. Almost no large organization does.
    I only see complaining about how TLG have handled the whole Black VIP card issue, and not about not receiving orders of the glitch. I cannot see one post where anyone complains that TLG cancelled the orders. The real problem is the lack of care that the glitch occurred in the first place. TLG really need to either have a professional company run their website, or replace the company that already does it. Barely a promotion period goes past without a glitch, problem, cancelled orders, and so on. They should stick to designing sets and making bricks and let someone else handle the selling.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuLegoTTMr_CrossomniumKerre
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,769
    So with only one more day before the promo did anyone get an email yet? Checked to make sure [email protected] still has me approved to get, and still nothing.
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 311
    Nope, didn't receive anything yet. It's glorious to see that tomorrow the promo will start; more than probably you will need to buy something and the currect SW promotion for a free Kessel Mine Worker ends today...
    I know what I will do tomorrow: fill out a letter of complaint.
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,219
    edited December 2018
    It is bad that they wait for the Kessel Mine to end, this should be an extra gift for black card holders. 
    Mr_CrossYo_dA
    CCC said:
    CCC said:

I only see complaining about how TLG have handled the whole Black VIP card issue, and not about not receiving orders of the glitch. I cannot see one post where anyone complains that TLG cancelled the orders. The real problem is the lack of care that the glitch occurred in the first place. TLG really need to either have a professional company run their website, or replace the company that already does it. Barely a promotion period goes past without a glitch, problem, cancelled orders, and so on. They should stick to designing sets and making bricks and let someone else handle the selling.
    Great point.  Remember the late 90's when TLG was into selling clothes and lunchboxes....I know this isn't precisely the same example - but again, TLG should stick with making....LEGO, not running a website with heavy traffic as this.
    SumoLego
    It also troubles me that they don't have a [email protected] app.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    Honestly, I agree with others that have posted, I just don't know what or if anything can be said about this promotion anymore.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    one thing that would be nice to say about this, is, exactly what the offer is... Do we have to buy something? what's the price point? is it going to be Web only?... (Would be nice if it was B&M as well)... how long will the offer be? etc. Assuming it is live tomorrow i would have though an email really should have gone out by now, if only to allow people to plan what to buy and so on...
    gmonkey76
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,015
    edited December 2018
    I originally read that the VIP promo would run through January. That would be good as we'd at least be able to purchase newly-released sets (assuming there is a spend required). However, it would be nice to have some assurance that this won't be like every other Lego promo where the supply of freebies runs out way before the end of the promotional period.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 604
    I originally read that the VIP promo would run through January. That would be good as we'd at least be able to purchase newly-released sets (assuming there is a spend required). However, it would be nice to have some assurance that this won't be like every other Lego promo where the supply of freebies runs out way before the end of the promotional period.
    well, assuming that this is web only then TLG should know how many to produce as they sent out the black cards in the first place. this should ensure everyone can get one... big assumption, i know!
    edited December 2018
    MrJackson said:
    They barely have a [email protected] website. 
    Yes, I suppose you have to stumble before you fall...
    SprinkleOtterMr_Cross560Heliport
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 530
    SumoLego said:
    MrJackson said:
    They barely have a [email protected] website. 
    Yes, I suppose you have to stumble before you fall...
    Doesn't stumble imply some momentum in the first place?
    SumoLegoMr_Crosssid3windr560Heliport