The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 186
I recently got the new Millennium Falcon for Christmas and the exclusive VIP card is on its way. But I was wondering, does it give you access to anything special, like certain promotions? Or is it just a way of showing off that you bought the Falcon?  

Comments

• gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 220
    There should such be access to special promotions throughout 2018 for owners of the UCS MF with this VIP card, but to the best of my knowledge there is up until now no known & confirmed info about what these special promotions will be.
    Lets wait and see :-)
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 186
    Wouldn’t it be great if it was 2x VIP points for the whole year! Of course that’s not gonna happen. 
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 387
    my card arrived at the weekend! it has a different number to my standard VIP card, but lego customer services assure me that it's not a problem!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,966
    Maybe a fiver off your second purchase of the UCS MF. :-)

MorkMan
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,674
    I'd hope that whatever promos it brings, they wiuld be SW specific, be specifically available for card holders only and wouldn't require a huge purchase to redeem. Either a significant discount off the UCS releases in 2018, or freebie exclusive figures such as expanding the crew roster e.g

EPIV pack adding Tatooine luke,  Old Obi-Wan, R2, Tatooine Han.

EPV post-cloud city with Bespin Luke (one hand), Lando, Bespin Leia.

EPVI Death Star assault with Lando, Nien Nunb, an Endor trooper who fiddles with switches while Kando and Chewbacca pilot (saw that rewatching ROTJ recently - he looks guilty while doing it, as if he's expecting Lando to say "I told you not to touch that" if he gets caught).

Probably will just get a poxy poster on May 4th.
    kbwFizyxkiki180703
    So, it’s March 1st and my card still hasn’t come. Is this expected? I saw somewhere that they’d arrive by the end of February. Should I wait a few more days before contacting customer services?
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 162
    edited March 2
    So, it’s March 1st and my card still hasn’t come. Is this expected? I saw somewhere that they’d arrive by the end of February. Should I wait a few more days before contacting customer services?
    I’d call or chat with them ASAP. I received my card at the beginning of Feb and bought the set a week after release.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,061
    I would definitely call. I bought day one in store and never got mine or any emails on promos. After many calls and runarounds finally got someone who did something. Turns out when the store lost my card and put in for a replacement over two years ago it screwed up the system. I was getting all the perks, but the system had my old number. It looks like the account is right (got double points for Star Wars sets in Feb.) No I just have to wait to see if I get emails. They said I won't get an actual Black VIP Card because it was after January, but they would try to get me one.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 972
    When are the awesome benefits going to start?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,034
    When are the awesome benefits going to start?
    The benefits started last month with double VIP points on SW.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,499
    The website is still advertising the February VIP promos so I guess it is just another case of sloppy website.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 972
    This black VIP card is turning into a big joke.  25% of the way through the year in which the benefits are supposed to be happening and we've gotten one lame perk.
    stefxan
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross UKMember Posts: 386
    'Meh' Marketing makes MilF's March Merch Mediocre!?

MaffyDcatwranglergmonkey76omniumkiki180703stlux
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 412
    Does anyone know if you can still get the black card if you buy it this year? I'm planning on getting it on May the Fourth.
    No it was only if you bought it before the end of the year. 
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 431
    I got mine the day of release in September, and when the card was still a no-show in mid-January, I called customer service, who assured me I was on the list to receive it before the end of January. Turns out, I didn't actually get it until almost two weeks into February. So, if they told you that you were on the "end of February list", I wouldn't be surprised if you actually got your card in a couple of weeks.
  • shaaseshaase Member Posts: 15
    This is the first time Lego has tried something like this out and thus there are going to be kinks. However, I think its safe to say that so far its been a major dud. It took 3-4 months to get the cards out and thus far the benefit(s) have been lame. If Lego is to attempt something like this in the future then they definitely need to learn from this and improve.

Luckily if the card hasn't arrived you can still get the benefits as the card is tied to you regular VIP account.
    edited March 4
    ^ If TLG try this on again, following a year of poor incentives for the MF card, i'll probably wait until JL/Smyths are stocking it if it's a big/expensive set. Once they are, a discount I inevitable not far down the line (Smyths regularly discount against RRP anyway and then often have a 20% off weekend on top).
    Fizyx
  • seppo21seppo21 Member Posts: 3
    I emailed a few days ago because I hadn't received mine. The rather flippant response didn't really offer any explanation but said that one would be sent "soon". Unfortunately, it won't be personalized. I'm not happy about the lack of personalization, but I'm really annoyed about the complete lack of a (serious) explanation.
    Yeah, I received the same info. They did say if the original arrived late, to notify them to deactivate my old account. Until either card arrived however, I won’t earn or be able to use VIP points. 
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 47
    The very special hyper cool must have exclusive bonusses we will get with the black card arent still there. If double VIP is all that comes after nearly the first quarter of this year comes to an end it was a nice made bubble.
    With this behaviour you will make also the hardcore AFOLs angry. Last year I bought LEGO worth a mid-class car. This is for sure more then 50 families would have bought. If also people like me will stop to buy they will have to announce more then just a 8% decline in revenue..... 
    After getting in touch with customer service and waiting a week, my new VIP card finally came! Doesn’t have my name unfortunately, but I was aware of that. Actually had to wait to pick up a gift for my dad’s birthday because they deactivated my old account to move the points. 

FowlerBricks
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,061
    ^glad to see you got yours. I still don't have mime, and probably never will at this point. All I know is if the promos are only double points customer service will be getting a lot of angry calls.
    From Lego CS:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I understand your are disappointed the Limited Edition Star Wars™ LEGO® VIP Card promotion you received with the purchase of set 75192. We do our best to make sure the terms and conditions of each promotion are as transparent as possible, and I'm sorry to hear you don't find it enough.  

The card was intended to function much in the same way as a regular VIP membership card. In addition, you'll be eligible for special Star Wars-themed offers throughout 2018. These promotions will be primarily communicated via email and unfortunately we do not have any idea what they are and so they cannot be disclosed beforehand.  This card is meant as a special gift with the purchase of the Millennium Falcon.  Special offers will include point’s promotions, special events, gifts with purchase etc. 

If you are extremely unsatisfied you can always chose to opt out of this program, to do so please contact LEGO Consumer services.  If you have not yet received the card, you will still receive the card in the mail, but feel free to discard. We will ensure that you are not enrolled into the special 2018 offers and benefits. 

Listening to what LEGO fans have to say helps us get better and better so I've passed your comments on to the LEGO Shop team.

Diggydoes
    ^ Translation: "In the nicest possible way, quit your moaning, we already got your money and made no promises about the benefits, although we did imply that they'd be fantastic".

Pretty standard non-reply.
    TheLegoMaster35Fizyxgmonkey76Johnyk668Rainstorm26OubirdMorkMan
    Maybe there will still be one good promotion with it. They are hardly going to tell someone that though, are they? It will be blabbed all over the internet.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles LondonMember Posts: 153
    It's only March...how many promotions were you expecting over the course of the year?

One a month? If all of them required purchases, I'd be broke...especially after the cost of the Falcon. :)

(Personally I'm expecting four - so about another three at some point. Potentially one per quarter.)
    Fizyxbandit778
    I'd expect at least one good one per quarter.  So far we have none.
    gmonkey76oldtodd33sid3windr
    I'd expect the best (hopefully exclusive) offer to be available on or around May 4th, or on the run-up to Christmas.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 9,012
    I'd expect at least one good one per quarter.  So far we have none.
    I think there was some sort of double-points promo on some sets in early February.
    ^ I think the emphasis was on ‘good’. Double vip points and ONLY on Star Wars sets isn’t that good. 
    gmonkey76oldtodd33
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 95
    ^ I think the emphasis was on ‘good’. Double vip points and ONLY on Star Wars sets isn’t that good. 
    agreed, especially when there are plenty of double VIP throught the year, for ALL, anyway. I expect big things in May
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,674
    To be fair to LEGO, whatever promotions come with the card, they were never going to start with the best promotion they could come up with.
    It would have been a way bigger kick in the teeth if a super rare exclusive minifigure came out first and gave everyone the hope that it was going to continue along those lines, then all you got was a double points promo.
    My only real hope is that the possible 'special events' that were stated don't end up being mid week store only promotions that you can't get to unless you live on the doorstep.
    Bumblepants
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 183
    ^ Yes, if any of the Black VIP card benefits are in-store only, I'm almost certainly screwed, unless I happen to be in London for a business meeting at the time. Really that was a positive of the double VIP points for me - it didn't require me to go in store to redeem the benefit!
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    I think we get something for May 4, but probably nothing extravagant... just enough that people reduce their grousing.  A little.  For awhile.

FowlerBricksdrwoodsy
    I recommend folks send emails to CS.  Maybe they'll pay attention if everyone is complaining....or maybe not.  But worth a shot.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 689
    Maybe everyone is missing Lego’s promotion?
    Perhaps the cool black VIP card IS the benefit!
    alldarkersnowhitieMorkManMr_Cross
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 158
    I’m with LuLego here: just having the black card IS probably the most interesting part of the promotion. Mine arrived, but it’s still ‘MISE’: mint in sealed envelope, and if I ever were to sell it, years down the line, I think that’s where the real value would be. Not that I’d want to sell it.
    Any truth in the rumour* that they are going to give away a free exclusive LEGO themed T-shirt to black card holders?

*that I just started.
    TheLegoMaster35MorkManstluxobi_gsid3windr
    ^now THAT would be awesome! I’d probably never take it off. 
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 166
    That reminds me of when I was using Nike's in-shoe pedometer that linked to an ipod back in around 2006. I got an email from Nike saying that because I had logged 500 miles on their website "we will ship you this exclusive T-shirt for free". The t-shirt just said "500 miles" on it or something. I thought it was a great little surprise bonus for the biggest advocates of their products. But when I went to order it, I discovered that Nike would indeed SHIP it for free, but the t-shirt itself would cost $30. 

But back on-topic... I'm happy with my black VIP card (which is definitely not MISB) and yet-to-be-built falcon. Any future bonuses would be nice, but I'm not going to be too bent out of shape if they all end up as lame as February's. The way I look at it, some people are going to be pissed if the promos are great, while others will be pissed if the promos are crappy. I don't envy a lego being caught in the middle of this whinge-fest.
    beemo
    edited March 16
    Maybe we'll get double VIP points on select Star Wars sets (like Assault on Hoth) for May the 4th and the day after Thanksgiving.....now THAT would be awesome.  I'll be interested to hear everyone's opinion by the end of the year.

• flat_fourflat_four Member Posts: 11
    I hope all you black card holders get what you desire whatever it may be. Maybe if you're really lucky you will get early access to the next UCS falcon?
    Rainstorm26
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 1,034
    Finally got mine! I ordered the last week of December. I was just about to call CS. It was mailed from Budapest, so that may help explain the delay.
    LegoboyBumblepants
    edited March 31
    Hmm, so my original card may yet come then?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 9,012
    Yes, but yours is being mailed from Sakaar.  (And not via the Devil's Anus.)
    TheLegoMaster35AstrobrickspharmjodFowlerBricks