Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hiding Forum Categories

PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
I used to have some of the forum categories hidden (e.g. USA Shopping, News, Shopping elsewhere etc.), but about a week ago, all the categories suddenly started being shown to me. Now, I've tried to find how to hide them again, but either I can't find the right place, or what I've been doing doesn't work anymore.

It's actually affecting how often I come on here, because I have to scroll past loads of categories which I have no interest in. How do you hide categories?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,488
    http://bricksetforum.com/categories (or click all categories in the menu)
    Click on gearwheel on right that appears when you hover
    Mute
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    @Huw yeah I thought that was how you did it. I have a number of categories 'muted', but they still show when I look at the forums.

I've just tried unmuting them and then muting again, but they still show.
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 350
    I think the setting has stopped working.

I used to have the US and elsewhere shopping forums hidden, but now they appear and changing the setting doesn't hide them.

If act, clicking on the cogs gives the option to 'unmute' them, suggesting they should already be muted.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 540
    I also have a number of categories muted and they are currently showing up. New feature?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476
    I just learned of this feature and muted shopping for other than the USA, but they are still showing up. I checked on my android phone, and a Windows pc, and it's the same.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I'm getting the same as well, however, I have switched to using the Discussions view instead of the Categories view, and they are properly hidden in Discussions.
    Hmm, looks like there may be a problem somewhere @Huw.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,488
    Yes maybe although it all looks ok to me.
    I still can't 'mute' categories on here :/ It shows them as muted, but they still show. I've tried unmuting and muting them again, but nothing works.
  • james.sparhamjames.sparham Derby, UKMember Posts: 143
    Exactly the same issue here and experiencing it for the same amount of time :)
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 338
    Same here. It is irritating, but I have given up trying to mute. Assume vanilla forums changed and broke something.