Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO TT Games Dev Brick Collections

FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
I have recently started to collect the Lego TT Games Dev Bricks, and while on Flickr noticed that another Brickset member @samiam391 had an image of their collection. So thought it would be good to see if there are any Brickset members who also collect?

Below is what I have collected so far:

Star Wars The Force Awakens:



Star Wars III The Clone Wars:



Batman:



Marvel Super Hero’s & Marvel Avengers:


ReesesPiecesstluxkiki180703bandit778davetheoxygenmanMynattFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoBumblepantssnowhitiecatwranglerGoldchains

Comments

  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,367
    Where are this obtained/released?

    Fizyx
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,415
    I hereby commence online auction runs for the next month and a half...
    Fizyx
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    TheFew said:
    Where are this obtained/released?

    They are awarded by TT Games to the developers of their LEGO games for making a substantial contribution to the game. The developer can pick the LEGO character from the game to go inside the brick, and it’s sealed.

    Most are obtained direct from the developer, and some on the second hand market...
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 590
    edited December 2017
    Things @Fireheart is going to regret every time they think about expanding their collection of LEGO TT Games Dev Bricks in the future:  Posting this thread and driving demand waaaaay up. :P


    EDIT: Just saw the Gimli one on eBay for $467.25, and the Voldemort one for $667.50.  Ouch.
    77ncaachampsSprinkleOtter
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,367
    Fireheart said:
    TheFew said:
    Where are this obtained/released?

    They are awarded by TT Games to the developers of their LEGO games for making a substantial contribution to the game. The developer can pick the LEGO character from the game to go inside the brick, and it’s sealed.

    Most are obtained direct from the developer, and some on the second hand market...
    Thanks for the info... I will make sure I don't get to liking them then!!!
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    Fizyx said:
    Things @Fireheart is going to regret every time they think about expanding their collection of LEGO TT Games Dev Bricks in the future:  Posting this thread and driving demand waaaaay up. :P


    EDIT: Just saw the Gimli one on eBay for $467.25, and the Voldemort one for $667.50.  Ouch.
    The dev Bricks have been around for about 10 years, and there are a few collectors out there.. So for the right LEGO theme prices can go quite high.

    only a very limited amount are produced for each game title. If you zoom in on each one it has the date of presentation on it.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,168
    They are very exclusive, but I often wonder how the long-term market for these will hold up.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,415
    edited December 2017
    For any prospective buyers, recommend the Mods to close and delete this thread! :)

    edit: Hey! My 2001st Post!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,499
    Deadpool in one of those bricks?!? I could see that selling for a tidy sum.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    SumoLego said:
    They are very exclusive, but I often wonder how the long-term market for these will hold up.
    Official LEGO logo + Star Was Or Marvel + 2 mad LEGO collectors = market..

    My philosophy on these is that I won’t sell them, but if I have a duplicate i.e. BB-8 (and I think I’m right in saying these are the only 2 BB-8 dev blocks for The Force Awakens), then I’ll do a swap for another dev Brick in Star Wars that I don’t have.
    SprinkleOtter
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    Fireheart said:
    SumoLego said:
    They are very exclusive, but I often wonder how the long-term market for these will hold up.
    Official LEGO logo + Star Was Or Marvel + 2 mad LEGO collectors = market..

    My philosophy on these is that I won’t sell them, but if I have a duplicate i.e. BB-8 (and I think I’m right in saying these are the only 2 BB-8 dev blocks for The Force Awakens), then I’ll do a swap for another dev Brick in Star Wars that I don’t have.
    I was wrong there are more than 2 BB-8 TFA blocks.. I know of 6 now. 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    Do you have a holy grail in this series?  One you have and one you don't?
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    ^ Yes there is a holy grail for me, the very early ones from 2007 / 2008. Like the first Batman ones, or the Star Wars Complete Saga ones. Like this one:

    FizyxstluxFowlerBricksbandit778
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 842
    A couple of these have just been listed on eBay (superman and batman) for anyone interested and with a spare £500 each!
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 842
    *not my listing! 
    I’m just someone who’s constantly trawling eBay.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    Thought it would be a good time to do an update of the collection.. Trade stack on the far left of the image ;)


    LegoboystluxPitfall69Baby_YodaGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksricecakebandit778
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,227


    Sounds like there is some trading to be done! :)
    FireheartLegoboystluxBaby_YodaGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksricecake
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    ^ sorry should have added trade for DC, Marvel, or Star Wars ones that you don’t see I have in the my image.. :)
  • EvilTwinEvilTwin UKMember Posts: 96
    Are the figures loose inside their little perspex prisons or stuck down? If you shake the block, do they rattle about?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,168
    That is an impressive collection.  I am very happy I didn't start buying those!
    gmonkey76Fireheartobi_g
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    ^^ They are stuck down, although I have seen a couple of images where the figures legs and torso’s are separated in the block. Don’t know how someone has done that, whilst keeping the block in perfect condition....
    Bet the person who did though is crying when they realised what they go for now...
    EvilTwin
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 982
    I'm seeing the Laval and Chase McCain ones on eBay right now... must close tab and delete history...
    obi_g
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    Sweet collections.  That's definitely something I don't want to enter...so many and so elusive.   
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 425
    I thought I would try something different with the Marvel Captain America brick, as far as I’m aware this is the first TT LEGO brick to be signed. The brick went on a long journey across to ACE Comic Con:








    stluxsid3windrGothamConstructionCo
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,123
    Unfortunately, it was the wrong Chris Evans that signed it ...

    Fireheartsid3windrpalmers9grb
Sign In or Register to comment.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy