Looking for (UK): Hamley's Guard polybag

CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
Does anyone have a spare Hamely's polybag? I can probably sort out something to trade or pay for one.

Comments

• Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    <Thread Hijack in Progress>

I'll put my foot in as well - if anybody can pick one up, I'll happily pay or trade...
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    Can I jump on the Hiijack band wagon? 
    Muftak1
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    Maybe a group buy is in order (if anyone is so willing)...
    TheFew
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,292
    Interested if somebody is able get me a couple. Not got any work in London, otherwise I'd pop in myself.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
    I'm no longer after one of these after seeing the detailed picture in the review.
    CCC said:
    I'm no longer after one of these after seeing the detailed picture in the review.
    What bit don't you like?
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    Throw my name in the ring for the hijacking as well!! 
    The change in the uniform.

They've changed the shape of the lapels and the shape of the jacket near the waist - instead of the nice collar detail, they've gone with a plain white vertical line. The button spacing has also changed, indicating a change of regiment although they haven't changed the collar badge. And the belt is also similar but misses the holes and the detail on the buckle.

I initially expected that they had just added the medals to the original design but the different design in the uniform swings it for me. I prefer the same uniform and no medals to medals and a different regiment.

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 767
    edited December 2017
    From what I can tell, though, the Hamley's one is more accurate, eg, when compared this this random photo I found on flickr: https://flic.kr/p/ajTGq8
    Not all guards wear the same uniform, as previously mentioned. But the Hamley's version appears to be closer to one specific guard's uniform.
    All the ones I saw, for example, have smooth white belts with no holes and simpler buckles.
    That one is a Scots Guard, his buttons are in threes. The equally spaced ones like the original are Grenadier Guards.

It isn't so much the accuracy but that I have about 20 of the original.

edited December 2017
    Ah, if you already have an army, I can see why you don't want to go mixing this chap in there.
    @CCC you certainly have an eye for detail Sir!
    Yep. At least neither of them have yellow flesh showing on the torso like this guy ...

which makes it useless for fleshie heads and hands.
    TheFew
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    I work a short tube ride from Hamleys, and assuming that there isn't a Lester-style restriction on purchasing (which led to me making a number of visits in dark glasses and a plastic moustache), then I'm happy to pop down, buy a bunch and stick them in the post.

Thus far, it looks like the people interested are:

@Muftak1
    @TheFew
    @Speedman29 ; wants a couple
    @alexwil

I'll see what I can do.  Can probably get down there next week. 
    Kokkie20bandit778alexwilkiki180703Lego_Star
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,292
    Cheers @BooTheMightyHamster much appreciated.
  • Kokkie20Kokkie20 NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    Ill Jump in to if possible, would like 2/3 (dont know how many allowed)  if possible. 1 for my little nephew and 2 for in my personal collection. Thank you @BooTheMightyHamster
    Yay thanks again Boo. I would love to take two if possible. But depends on any purchasing restrictions!
    Many thanks @BooTheMightyHamster - I'll go for 2 if available but, will take 1 if there are restrictions!
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    I'll check this thread next week before I go down.  Can't see anyone mentioning purchase restrictions, but I'll report back.
    Muftak1kiki180703
  • TommyFTommyF northern irelandMember Posts: 29
    I would like one too please if possible

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I would like one if possible. 
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 287
    I would also like to jump in for 2 if possible. Thanks in advance!
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    Cheers @BooTheMightyHamster that would be awesome!! 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    I like lists, and this might make it easier for @BooTheMightyHamster. So far we have:

@Speedman29 ; wants a couple

Please amend or add to this list.

Much appreciated @BooTheMightyHamster!
    Muftak1William_Townsleykiki180703HangedSanchez
  • Kokkie20Kokkie20 NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    I agree, @BooTheMightyHamster is awesome, he helped me to with the leicester square minifigure, someone you can trust he will send it to you :) 
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Would you be willing to send one to the US for a good trade in return? 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,903
    I'll buy a bunch and distribute to folks in the US!  Put me down for two - if someone is willing or able to get a bunch!
    gmonkey76davetheoxygenman
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 183
    I would really be greatful for 2 if possible also. Very much appreciated
    I'll take a wheelbarrow down there...
    stluxLegoboykiki180703SumoLegoFowlerBricksM_BossMuftak1MaffyD
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited December 2017
    Anyone after the #5005233 - Hamleys Royal Guard? I'm heading down to Hamleys this Saturday, hoping they have plenty left...

Prices, Inc. Postage:
    - UK: £10
    - International: £17.50

*Postage costs may increase for multiple copies.
    **Payment required up front.
    ***This is also subject to if I can get several copies on the day, if not I'll process the full refunds immediately.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    I'm looking for two!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Adzbadboy said:
    Anyone after the #5005233 - Hamleys Royal Guard? I'm heading down to Hamleys this Saturday, hoping they have plenty left...

Prices, Inc. Postage:
    - UK: £10
    - International: £17.50

*Postage costs may increase for multiple copies.
    **Payment required up front.
    ***This is also subject to if I can get several copies on the day, if not I'll process the full refunds immediately.
    Seriously?  You're competing with @Boo who's offered to help the members out at cost?  Not really in the spirit of it.

I'll take a couple if you can manage @Boo but if it means taking a second barrow then I'll be okay.  Thank you.  :)
    iso3200FireheartSpeedman29Adzbadboykiki180703Bricklover18CCC
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    Apologies, I didn't mean to have a negative post. Anyone who wants them please message me and I'll just charge the cost of items and shipping. All I did is round up the cost of items, postage and packaging.
    Legoboykiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    If @SumoLego is able to get the drop shipment put me down for one. I have no problem trying to work out a trade or outright purchase.
    SumoLegoBricklover18kiki180703
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @BooTheMightyHamster

Can my name be added to the list please?

thanks
    I'll take a wheelbarrow down there...
    Just to be clear, my intention is to distribute just like @Legoboy did for the MF Mini-builds from a month or so ago.

Everything at cost, including shipping.   This all assuming that @BooTheMightyHamster can ferry a sufficient amount over to me.

Thanks!
    Bricklover18FowlerBricksgmonkey76kiki180703stluxSpeedman29davetheoxygenman
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    @SumoLego Can you send one to Canada?
    SumoLego
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    edited December 2017
    Wooooooh Boy!

I would like two, please @BooTheMightyHamster! :)
  • ravotravot USA/ILMember Posts: 22
    i would also like to be included, @BooTheMightyHamster your help would be appreciated, if possible, x2!
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 191
    I would also like 2 please @BooTheMightyHamster for the shipment to @SumoLego if that happens.  Thanks
    If Hamley's won't let Boo buy a trolley load, I'll be able to swing past in the next week or two to get whatever the allowed quota is and pass on at cost. But let's see how Boo gets on for now.
    stlux
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    edited December 2017
    To keep things nicely tracked:

Europe

@Muftak1 x2 
    @Speedman29 ; wants a couple
    @Kokkie20 x2/x3
    @Bricklover18 x1
    @SumoLego x2
    @Russell844 x2
    @gmonkey76 x1
    @flord x1
    @77ncaachamps x2
    @ravot x2
    @davetheoxygenman x2

Please amend or add to this list.

Good luck with the wheelbarrow @BooTheMightyHamster
    BooTheMightyHamstergmonkey76omniumBricklover18Legoboykiki180703flord
    Just for disclosure purposes, but 2x for @kwkw.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 339
    I work a short tube ride from Hamleys, and assuming that there isn't a Lester-style restriction on purchasing (which led to me making a number of visits in dark glasses and a plastic moustache), then I'm happy to pop down, buy a bunch and stick them in the post.

Thus far, it looks like the people interested are:

@Muftak1
    @TheFew
    @Speedman29 ; wants a couple
    @alexwil

I'll see what I can do.  Can probably get down there next week. 

I'd also like a few please (3 if poss) and can paypal/transfer before you go if you like
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 214
    edited December 2017
    @SumoLego if you have spares, I would like one, please. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Please let me know how, total amount, and when to remit payment.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    @SumoLego If you get the shipment from @BooTheMightyHamster and still have some available, please put me down for one!
  • ravotravot USA/ILMember Posts: 22
    thanks for listing @stlux
    and thanks to @BooTheMightyHamster for the (eventual) pickup!