Where and how to donate?

juno_2023juno_2023 WisconsinMember Posts: 11
I have a lot or Lego-related memorabilia (i.e. gifts from Legoland around the world) and publications  (i.e. magazines and catalogs), and was hoping for some feedback as to where to donate them and how to even get started with the process. Nothing is wrong with any of the content, but I've been tasked with purging several things and want to make sure they end up in good hands (if that's the route taken- if it's best to just toss it all, that would be welcome feedback as well).

Thanks!

Comments

• SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 551
    I’d recommend donating them to Brickworld for their charity fundraiser in June in Chicago: http://brickworld.com/charity-fundraiser/
    juno_2023
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 104
    A big Lego convention is also what I'd recommend.  I go to Brickfair VA that has a charity auction for kids (where 100% of the money goes to them).  That way you know where your money is going, and you're also likely to get the most possible from the sale (being the biggest Lego fans are all in attendance).  Those special types of products, promotions, rare items, etc. are quite popular at these auctions and fun to see (and bid on).
    juno_2023