Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rename this category?

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
I’ve noticed recently a lot of general topics being started here that have nothing to do with discussing the operations of the forums. Would renaming this section help? Maybe something more specific, like “Forum Operation”?
BooTheMightyHamsterMaffyDabordoli

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,488
    You're right, it does seem to be the category chosen when not sure where to post!

I've renamed it per your suggestion.
    stluxdavetheoxygenmansid3windrAstrobricksabordolisnowhitie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    What? No Like for my suggestion? :)
    abordoli
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    :oD
    Astrobricks
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    There you go @astrobricks - I've given you a like too. But you're not going to get one for the slightly whiny post you made after :-P (joke!)
    dmcc0Astrobricks
  • abordoliabordoli Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 131
    I just arrived here and I am finding some ambiguous/non-updated stuff in several places around the site. I can offer suggestions if they're welcome.
    If your concerns are about how the forums work, then this is the place. If your concerns are about BrickSet itself, post in the BrickSet.com area, or The Database if it’s about problems with the set data. 
    edited January 2018
    If your concerns are about how the forums work, then this is the place. If your concerns are about BrickSet itself, post in the BrickSet.com area, or The Database if it’s about problems with the set data. 

Sounds good. Although the only place I see over there is to send a message directly to Huw who asked me to comment over here in the forums instead...lol. Also, my comment (above) was concerning the forum. I post the Brickset stuff in the category made for it.
    edited January 2018
    I think you misunderstood me. There is a section of the forum called “Brickset.com”. Scroll down until you find it. 
    I think you misunderstood me. There is a section of the forum called “Brickset.com”. 

Gotcha! ;p
    Most immediate conversation I’ve ever had on here :)
    Most immediate conversation I’ve ever had on here :)

Yeah, almost like a chat channel...lol. :P
    One minor concern that I do have is that there is no link when looking at the threads to jump right to the last conversation, but it does do that when you click the pop-up (if you're around to catch it). Conversely there are times when you want to start at the first page and you land at the end. Kinda hard to explain, but it's has not been my experience with other forums and will take a bit getting used to. No worries!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    If you click on a thread, it will take you to the first unread comment in that thread. If there are no unread comments (i.e. you've already read them all), it will take you to the last comment.

At the top and bottom of each thread are page numbers, and you can easily get to the first or last page from there, should you want to :)
    Yeah, I'm getting the feel for it now. ;P

Has anyone read the FAQ section recently? As a new member, I naturally went to read them. That is where I noticed some ambiguousness-ness... ;p