Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Odd Bricklink buying requirement

PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,530
I've just placed some orders on Bricklink, and have come across something which I've not seen before. One buyer has put a restriction on the dimensions of the largest package he can ship, causing me to get the below message when I tried to check out:

Items do not fit in the package

Max dimension: 4.5 cm x 1.6 cm x 3.5 cm
Max weight: 15000 g

Your items do not meet seller's package dimension requirement. Please remove some items from your cart.

Now, of the items that I want to buy from him, one is 14 studs long and the other is 16 studs long. There's therefore a slight problem here, in that these are way longer than the maximum dimensions that he can ship. In fact, a 1x6 plate wouldn't fit into his dimensions. I've never come across anyone selling something they can't ship before.

I've messaged him about it, but I can't quite believe someone would put those restrictions on packaging and expect to get any sales. I'd also like to see him fit 15kg of Lego into a package that small!

Has anyone else seen restrictions like this?

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 834
    They've obviously set it up incorrectly - part of the problem for sellers is that you can't test your own store's checkout process for issues like this. That's especially an issue now instant checkout is a thing.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,958
    I suspect they've simply entered the numbers incorrectly, as each dimension is exactly 10x smaller than the largest acceptable size for a small parcel with Royal Mail / Hermes (45 x 16 x 35cm).
    DeMontesmak0137kiki180703sid3windr
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,530
    Yes that occurred to me afterwards too. Anyway, he set up a password to bypass it, so I've checked out now :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,212
    I suspect they've simply entered the numbers incorrectly, as each dimension is exactly 10x smaller than the largest acceptable size for a small parcel with Royal Mail / Hermes (45 x 16 x 35cm).
    Yes, someone is confused by mm and cm!
    SumoLego
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,940
    I get that warning, not sure if my buyers do, but it's not a hard limit for me.
    Also, items might be able to be packed tighter than dimensions imply, since LEGO isn't a simple rectangular prism and bag packaging is flexible, especially when combining different items.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,857
    25.2 cubic centimetres volume limit, with 15kg weight limit - to bust those parameters you'd have to be shipping small pieces of collapsed stars, surely? (Yes I know that collapsed stars are many times more dense than approx 600g/cm3, but nothing on Earth comes close).
    KingAlanI
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,940
    And I thought I abused flat rate packaging! (LEGO is relatively low density, USPS flatrate packaging sometimes saves a bit, but it's a steal for trading cards or coins)