Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ninjago 70618

stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
Why is this set discounted so hard from the beginning? 

Most of the time from two weeks after release till now its at least -30% and, like today, -40%. This is a great set isn´t it? I don´t get the point.

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 737
    Where is it 40% off? I'd jump on that!
    Bumblepantsvwong19gmonkey76
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 905
    In Switzerland it's priced at 200 CHF RRP, so when compared to the UK, it' pretty expensive. I even bought it in the UK (amazon), delivered to Switzerland for 100 CHF (when amazon had their discount). I think it's been priced wrong in some countries so unsurprisingly it can easily be found in shops here for 25% off as standard. 
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
    Where is it 40% off? I'd jump on that!
    Right now on Amazon.co.uk for about 95 EUR and on Amazon.de for 119 EUR. It´s ridicolous because it is a really nice set for my opinion.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 393
    I haven't seen this set discounted in the US. I did notice you could get a 20% discount on the Ninjago Movie sets on some of the Barnes & Noble customer appreciation promotions, but never actually seen the set on sale.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,174
    I’d be all over any Ninjago Movie set at 40% off in the US, especially that ship.
    CaptainRogersgmonkey76
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 737
    Yeah, if it ever hits that price in the US I too will grab it sithout hesitation. The original price of $160 is pretty good to begin with for such a beautiful design and high piece count.
    gmonkey76
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    It’s not even actually that % off in the UK (before anyone gets too excited) - the massive %off the OP is seeing is a mix of RRP differences and the value of the pound getting even weaker.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    RRP is £110, the retail price in the UK is effectively £90 (what many places sell it for), so about 20% off. I think this is because it is overpriced compared to other toys of similar value. There is a pyschological barrier going from under £100 to over £100. It is a nice set but going over that barrier puts it into a different bracket.

I think this is partly the way lego markets toys these days. Their UK (and probably all countries) RRPs are getting a bit out of hand, almost set expecting them to be discounted.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,295
    I think there is no part count on boxes in europe, so what you see is a big box costing 165€. let's say the slightly smaller box next to it is 100€, that makes it seem very expensive. now if it says on the box it has 2295 pieces while the slightly smaller box next to it has 1000, maybe you see things differently.