Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modifying "Palace" sign on Palace Cinema

wildcatwildcat LouisianaMember Posts: 5

I am a new collector/builder of LEGO...specifically Winter Village and modular sets.

I have what may be an unusual question about "commissioning" building instructions. I have built the Palace Cinema, but, as we have a similar historic theatre in my town, I would love for the sign in the front to read "Strand" instead of "Palace."

Is there anyone here who would be willing to work out the instructions to do this? I know that I could maybe figure this out myself...eventually...but at what cost to my sanity? Again....I am VERY new to this hobby.

I am more than happy to pay for this service! Thanks to anyone who may be able to help or offer suggestions.

Robin

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    It is worth having a look at this article on designing train decorations, as much of this requires a similar process.

http://www.freelug.org/spip.php?article391

Take a look at the studs up and SNOT sections.
    bandit778
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    In 5 mins on LDD I got this far...

The N is the tricky one...

Will get back to you if I solve that one; will also take a look a CCC's link.
    something like this?

To get an N, you need to use SNOT, which leaves some room above and below the N. To circumvent this, you could model the entire logo using SNOT, but haven't got time to do so now...
  • wildcatwildcat LouisianaMember Posts: 5

Yes!!!  Exactly like this!  Now, can y'all give me directions to do this myself?

Y'all are awesome! And yes, I'm a Southerner :)

Robin

send me your mailadres via PM, and i'll send u the Lego Digital Designer-file. The LDD-program can be found here: LEGO.com Digital Designer Download - LEGO Digital Designer
  • wildcatwildcat LouisianaMember Posts: 5
    PM sent....thanks!