Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Collection labels

Is there an easy way to generate a gallery set of images using a generic (non-colored) page (or multiple pages) with an image for each type of part in an individual's collection (not color specific, only part specific)? 

My intention is to be able to print labels for each part type for labeling parts drawers.  I've found and used other ones on the internet but they don't accommodate my own collection very well and either include parts I don't have (wasted printing) or don't include parts I have (no label).  Any help is very much appreciated.  

Comments

• davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 180
    @willworkfortoys - I would suggest that you make your way over to http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

Many here are using them.  Any questions can be directed to @henrysunset.  Hope that helps.
    datsunrobbie
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 180
    edited November 2017
    posted twice.  My apologies.
  • willworkfortoyswillworkfortoys StlMember Posts: 6
    @willworkfortoys - I would suggest that you make your way over to http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

Many here are using them.  Any questions can be directed to @henrysunset.  Hope that helps.
    Thanks.  I do currently use them and they are fantastic but they're not collection specific.  I had to photoshop them to get out the pieces I didn't have and add print screen images of other pieces brickset has that he did not.  They are by far the best out there though.  
    Ideally it would be going to 'parts you own' then selecting something that has 1 of each type I own and selecting a color.  So I could choose white for all part types (to save ink) even if I didn't have say a white 1x2 plate and it would still be shown in the '1 of each' printable inventory. 
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 230
    I do currently use them and they are fantastic but they're not collection specific.

@willworkfortoys - what do you mean by "collection specific"?  I want to make sure I understand your feedback correctly...

I do currently use them and they are fantastic but they're not collection specific.

@willworkfortoys - what do you mean by "collection specific"?  I want to make sure I understand your feedback correctly...

I just mean specific to my personal collection.  If I recall you have an entire sheet full of tires but if I only have one or two types of tires then I don't need the entire sheet.  If brickset populates from the 'pieces you own' in my collection then it would negate any unwanted pieces showing up on the sheet. 
    I should also specify I'm not using the label printer.  I was modifying the PDFs to cram as much on a sheet as possible and printing to a 8.5"x11" reusable sticker sheet.  See example: