Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Monthly Building Contest - November 2017: Mash-ups

TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,329
Here we go folks, another month, another inspirational idea for you to build something about and maybe win a prize.  This month, mash those themes together and see what falls out.  Let's see Elves in space, underwater Ninja, Technic Friends, a Police Castle or whatever combinations take your fancy.

The rules:

All entries must be new and created for this competition.

Size doesn't matter - I'm looking for the best use of style/colours/parts/inspiration from the themes you choose reflected in the build.  If you have time and space for something enormous that's great!  The important thing is to have fun, be creative and mix things up.

But you can't just swap the figures from one set into another and claim to have mashed the themes!

Entries must be posted in this thread by end of play on 30th November.  Stick a picture or two here and if you want to link to more shots elsewhere that's also allowed and will help me make my choice if I need alternative views to make a final decision.

The winner will be announced as early in December as I can manage, so hopefully the prize will arrive for a Christmas bonus.

As an example, I've combined Elves (character and colours) with Ninjago (construction style and concept) to make Miku's Mech:

Have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
BumblepantssnowhitiemsandersSirBrickalotOfLegoLegopantsFowlerBricksbandit778stluxGothamConstructionCoSalamalexvizzitorMynattSpeedman29ricecakeWicksy80mafonLittleLoriMr_Crosssid3windrthe_creative_boxeanaircatwranglerkiki180703tallblocktoo

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,887
    Great build and great idea for a contest. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
    SirBrickalotOfLegoTheOriginalSimonBMr_Cross
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 412
    Excellent idea, can’t wait to start my entry!
    TheOriginalSimonB
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,638
    Hmm...so many possibilities. 
    TheOriginalSimonB
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Ooohhh. Sounds just up my street. 
    TheOriginalSimonBstlux
    Mash-Up has been built. I just have to figure out how to take pictures...
    TheOriginalSimonB
    ^ Brilliant!
    That's very clever! 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,329
    Excellent stuff.
    Think I may have to sit this one out, the creative juices just aren’t flowing at the moment :(
    Plenty of time yet. Maybe someone else will post something soon that sparks an idea...
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    Oh gosh, it’s been so long since I’ve been on here... this is actually what brought me back, the contests. Definitely going to build something for this if I have time. 
    snowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703
    I've been trying to resist the urge to make another entry, but since there's only a few entries, I might just go ahead and build something else.
    stluxsnowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703
    Works for me!
    rdflegoFowlerBricks
    Alrighty, entry 02 is here! Please welcome The Hulk Blaster...or The Ash Buster...or something like that. I didn't really come up with a great name. Anyway, this is a mix of the Battle Blaster, The Hulk Buster and the Nexo Monster freebie from Toys-R-Us. It uses mostly parts from these sets. I say mostly because I did a few mods to my Hulk Buster which added a few pieces. Mini-Z (my new sigfig) pilots the mech. Armed with concussion cannons (the stud shooters) and laser blasters, plus some disk shooters mounted on the legs, the mech is ready to fight any Hulks that come it's way and vaporize any Ash-based creatures. The cockpit folds around the pilot to maximize safety. Large capacitors sit on the mech's back to power the cannons and to allow for increased power when fighting hand-to-hand. A modified ARC reactor provides the rest of the power, but it is only visible from the back. A somewhat articulated hand allows the mech to violently grab and smush Ash-creatures (but since they are only ash, it'll still be PG or at least PG-13). A full gallery of pics can be found here: https://postimg.org/gallery/2130wfzz4/

rdflegoricecakeLittleLoriBumblepantsstluxsnowhitiemafoncatwrangler
    Did you forget to mention what the prize would be or did you want it to be a surprise?
    More that I have yet to decide what it will be! 
    FowlerBricks
    One week to go bump.
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    edited November 2017
    Lost the second half of the post that said - it’s not an entry because I made it ages ago but I posted it because Kittymech is a favourite of mine. 
    Still great though.  

Last day for any more entries...
    ^Nice!
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    And here is my last last minute entry. I was recently going through my Dimensions collection and pondering whether to sell it when I decided to build something using the parts from all the micro builds. Needless to say, Doctor Who running in the background might have influenced the build... in some really odd case where someone might not recognize anything in this build, this is the D-Wing. Named that for a reason o’ course. This quite difficult as I didn’t have 4 of much for the wings, so I had to get creative. I built with display, not play in mind, because as you can see, the pieces holding the laser cannons aren’t connected very well. 
    BumblepantsMynattricecakeSalamalexstluxTheOriginalSimonBsnowhitiestarwars4evercatwrangler
    Thanks all. I will ruminate and cogitate over the weekend and decide a winner as soon as I can.
    SirBrickalotOfLegoFowlerBricksbandit778ricecakeRobbzy88
    edited December 2017
    Alright, I've made my mind up.  Pretty much every entry tickled my tastebuds one way or another with the Samurai X-wing and Macy's Dragon coming in joint third and Assault on Elvendale taking second place for being so much better than the inspiration.  But the winner has to be @the_creative_box and the AT-AT 200BC for making me laugh long and hard.

So congratulations, PM me your details and a prize will be flung across the North Sea.
    snowhitiestluxFowlerBricksthe_creative_boxricecakeRobbzy88LittleLori
    Hmm, link didn't happen there, so a quick try again to notify @the_creative_box of their success!
    the_creative_box
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90

PM sent. Thanks for hosting such a fun and creative contest, all entries were truly awesome!

FowlerBricks
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    Package arrived yesterday, safe and sound. 
    Very happy for getting one of those Lesters!
    stluxricecake
    Hurrah, glad he got there.